“Terrible Food and Unhelpful Staff”

PappaRich Malaysian Delights
Ranked #238 of 431 Restaurants in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 2 May 2018

I ordered the seafood laksa from Papparich via UberEats, which turned out to be a terrible mistake. The seafood tasted off and it had absolutely no flavour (other than off seafood) or spice to it. It tasted like stagnant sea water from a canal. My lips now taste like the side of a jetty and I can't get rid of it. When I rang to get a refund they said that they could not do that. Instead, they made the rather strange suggestion that I simply re-order it - meaning that I pay for the same muck twice, but with no prospect of a refund. I had to drive down to the store and demand a refund. When I arrived at the store I noticed the restaurant, and particularly the kitchen area, appeared dirty and greasy.... this might explain the vile taste in my mouth!!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

This is the worst PappaRich I been compared to melbourne or sydney. The serve was smaller than other location .
Ordered 2 soup noodle and it was average taste.. This is the best part ..... they wanted 50 cents for chilli sauce when it should be free..

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Highly recommended in surfers paradise! The drinks are good! All satisfied, the foods are delicious! We like them the both.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Very slow service, first meal came in 10min, then wait for 30min to get the drinks and 5min after we get the second meal.
The food is good and that’s why I give 2 star, I think they should find a manager to run this business. As a franchise restaurant, this one is very different from what I had in Melbourne.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

I had gone a couple times in a short period of time wanting to try their dishes as I'm a huge asian/Malaysian food fan. Then I went on two occasions, I went around 9pm and the kitchen stated it closed 9.30pm and I was turned away. The second time however they called out to me but I had walked away a fair bit so felt embarrassed to go back cause they already had turned me way. So next time I go I make sure it was in time, and they just walked around me refusing to serve me, serving new people as they came in, cleaning tables around me and just ignored me, so I eventually walked out, they didn't care. The food I had tried on various occasions, one being home delivery was; the chicken curry and roti, chicken curry laksa and pappa wat han hor soup. They were were all reasonably good, the laksa was the biggest let down to what I've had in flavour and as someone else noted, the chicken was scarce, the Pappa Wat Hor similar.

Surfers P, Manager at PappaRich Malaysian Delights, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Our restaurant kitchen closed 15mins before the closing time. Our closing time from Monday - Wednesday is 9pm and Thursday - Sunday is 9.30pm. Sorry for the inconvenient