“Terrible Food and Unhelpful Staff”

PappaRich Malaysian Delights
Ranked #242 of 415 Restaurants in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I ordered the seafood laksa from Papparich via UberEats, which turned out to be a terrible mistake. The seafood tasted off and it had absolutely no flavour (other than off seafood) or spice to it. It tasted like stagnant sea water from a canal. My lips now taste like the side of a jetty and I can't get rid of it. When I rang to get a refund they said that they could not do that. Instead, they made the rather strange suggestion that I simply re-order it - meaning that I pay for the same muck twice, but with no prospect of a refund. I had to drive down to the store and demand a refund. When I arrived at the store I noticed the restaurant, and particularly the kitchen area, appeared dirty and greasy.... this might explain the vile taste in my mouth!!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Highly recommended in surfers paradise! The drinks are good! All satisfied, the foods are delicious! We like them the both.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Found this Malaysian in one of Surfers' shopping malls. PappaRich is a chain, so their food is pretty consistent. This is the first time I've tried this one. The laksa was one of the best I've ever had, packed full of ingredients including gluten and eggplant. The chicken curry with a freshly made roti was also very good, served with a sweet dam all and a dal. The waitresses were all lovely, definitely recommended!

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

My first visit to papparich was with my husband and 4 other friends, it was their first visit also.
We where amazed how lovely the food was.
I have been back again since.
It is still amazing and affordable.
I will be recommending this place to all my friends. Everyone should give it a go.