All reviews free shuttle to the airport close to the airport great hosts shuttle service minute walk flight path kitchen facilities spent nights quiet location small balcony self catering town centre lovely pool central cairns book tours full kitchen port douglas
Reviewed 14 September 2018

Lovely place to stay. Only a few short blocks to the sea, and close to town. The room was tidy and spacious and had everything we needed. The pool area is lovely. The meals served there were very reasonably priced and cooked beautifully. A few points we didnt realise until we got there, you are allowed to smoke in the pool area. They have a shuttle that takes you into town and will drop off at the airport (subject to availability I assume) The stand out for us was the customer service and the hospitality of the hosts. They were friendly and made sure we were comfortable.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2018

Reef Palms has a warm welcoming feel about it. The rooms are spacious and clean plus they have a balcony where you can sit and unwind after a day out.
This property is within walking distance to the esplanade and some family friendly eateries. They also run a shuttle into town all you need to do is ask at reception.

Room tip: Ask for a room away from the after hours side entrance gate. This can be noisy especially late in the evening,
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

I picked it as a potentially quiet place in the noisy town we decided to overnight at. Nice walk to town via esplanade, large room with tub and facilities but ended up getting a car back. Near the airport and easy to get away the following morning.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2018

I spend two nights at Reef Palms, the room is beautiful with the furniture.
We had a small balcony two good beds and everything the only little problem that we encounter was in the bathroom we arrived late at night after 8 hours spent in a bus my girlfriend wanted to take a shower before going to bed it was around 11:30pm but at the end of her 10 - 15 minutes shower we realised that the entire room was overflow by the water coming out from the shower.... we had to call the night manager but all the room were taken so only solution was to bring a lot of towel to dry the floor as much as possible more than half of my stuff were wet... the next day I ask the reception to change room in order to be able to take a good shower or even maybe a bath if I feel like it. They nicely offered to change my room and even offer to move my stuff for me but as everything was drying I did it myself at the end of the day.
My girlfriend took a bath in the other room and I took a shower after her and after 5 minutes I saw the water coming up the pipes so I had to finish taking my shower 2 minutes after 2 minutes in order to avoid another catastrophe.
To conclude the room and the facilities are beautiful, the employees are great and act fast in case needed but the showers need to be fix.

Room tip: Good room but keep an eye on the shower
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank FromVBToTheWorld
Reviewed 28 August 2018

We were initially very surprised with the room. We had booked a room for three people but never expected that the spare bed would have something of a divider, thereby affording a degree of separation/privacy. The kitchen facilities were great though we were not there long enough to utilize them.
As we were a family with different events to attend, that necessitated different times of return to the motel. One of the group arrived home early in the morning and was met by a male who behaved inappropriately. When this was reported to staff as we departed,
they took it very seriously, viewing cctv footage and requesting the offender leave the hotel.
We were very impressed with the managements response to our concerns and heartened to the point of ensuring we stay there again on our next visit to Cairns.
The hotel is also nicely located, close to the city but far enough from it to avoid the noise and bustle..

Room tip: We had a room which backed onto a small park. It was beautifully shaded and cool.
Date of stay: August 2018