All reviews toilet paper beds were comfortable central location koalas laptop reef
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I take full responsibility for this poor selection as I thought “how bad can it be. It’s only one night”. Wrong.

If you are travelling with a car be it your own or hire it may be a better experience.
If you are looking for a nights accommodation prior to boarding a cruise, not a good idea.
Let me start with the staff member on duty was very helpful.
My booking didn’t come through from Agoda and lucky I had my reference number for the booking as it was almost a lost cause. Looking back perhaps it was the universe trying to tell me something.

I would class this more a backpackers experience. No lift. No tea or coffee making facilities. The bathroom was very average. Depending on the time of day as to whether you would have a strong enough water flow for a shower. The shower felt dirty but it may have just been to colouring of the tiles. No coffee shop or really space to wait with luggage if you need to kill an hour or two.
Probably the only positive I have is it’s close to city centre, but don’t be mislead by the name as this is no resort and no sight of a beach or koala.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Natalie W
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay. Basic rooms, private bathroom. Nice outside area to sit together at the evenings. Close to different supermarkets, bars, clubs and everything else.
And the girls at the reception are lovely.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank LightPacker786422
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Outdated rooms and decor, but clean and tidy. Needed to steal pillows from bed to get comfy on couch. Bathroom a bit squeezy and dated like room.Stayed two nights and was very quiet after dark, no wifi in rooms but available in common areas.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank peterbuykx
Reviewed 28 May 2018

The rooms are very basic but clean (they have daily housekeeping). The best thing is probably the private bathroom that each room has. Staff was great and even helped me choose and book a tour to the Great Barrier Reef. If you are traveling on a budget and do not need much except a bed and cooking facilities, then this is the hostel for you.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank SZEKEI C
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This hostel is great for what you pay for. We only stayed one night but there is nothing I could fault about the stay. The receptionist was so helpful and friendly, she even let us check in early. The room was clean, beds were comfortable and the shower was powerful. It’s very cheap so we weren’t expecting much but were pleasantly surprised.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends