“Outstanding”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

I never miss a visit here when in Cairns and sometimes eat here every night when in town. The food is always excellent and fresh. One of the most popular dishes is the crispy pork and cashew salad which somehow is not on the menu but everyone knows about it.

bruce a, Owner at Poemphun Thai Takeaway, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Thankyou and see you next time..

Reviewed 25 May 2018

The meal I ordered was Tom yum soup, and I instantly fell in love. Soon I would come every week and order a different meal, and they were always delicious. The atmosphere was fantastic as Poemphun that is known by the locals to be delicious. It is also cheap but not too cheap in a tacky way. The service is okay, and the waitress is always lovely and now know my name. Would undeniably recommend it.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

I have eaten here at least over 50 times in last 2 years. Always good quality food and well priced.

I have tired a lot of the menu enjoy it all but I love the duck curry and Thai style roast duck.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

This place has amazing food totally worth it! Wouldn't go if you are shy about your weight as the waitress made several comments about how much my partner and I had ordered and we are both over weight women. Other than that was lovely!

bruce a, Owner at Poemphun Thai Takeaway, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Thankyou sorry if my watress 's words were taken inproper.
The Thai girl's English is not alwaws translated well.
As well as my self .
They were only giving advice to you
Regards Bruce
Co Owner

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Beautiful Thai clear soup and mixed entree. Great service too. I would recommend for a relaxed and easy Sunday night dinner