All reviews bbq night movie night air con double room shopping centre relaxed vibe free pool table free wifi home from home book tours min walk communal areas across the road a great place to stay stayed here for nights the great barrier reef hostel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

For people who like to chill and who like quality. Not a party atmosphere. Relaxed vibe, clean, organized. I mean after 28 years, it's not surprising they've perfected the hostel environment and operation.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
stevedouglas04, Owner at Dreamtime Travellers Rest, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Tfoote , thanks for taking the time to leave a review of our hostel we are very proud of the service we provide to fellow travellers. hope to see you again one day , the dream team.

Reviewed 7 November 2018

I was in a 7 bed share for about 9 days and everything was great! Amenities were kept very clean i.e. showers bathrooms and kitchens. Always some space in the fridge and with 3 kitchens there was never a competition for cooking. Although there were plenty of people around to mingle with always, the place has a designated quiet time of 10pm so it was always easy to sleep if I wanted to or just a quick walk to plenty of bars and clubs. Directly across the street from Cairns Central but not on the noisiest roads in town it feels like a secret hideaway in the middle of town. Overall very cool and worth a visit if you are passing through. You'll be missing out if you pass this one up trust me!

Room tip: Theres no wrong answer here
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hi Happiness , we are all very happy with your review thanks it really means a lot and helps other travellers find us , word of mouth is still the best marketing, safe travels from all the Dreamtime crew.

Reviewed 7 November 2018

I would definitely recommend staying at the Dreamtime. This was my first time staying at a hostel and I was so impressed by how pleasant everything was. Very friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms and bathrooms, convenient location close to train station and shops, lots of other friendly travellers to meet and talk to. I also loved being hooked up with lots of cheap rainforest and reef tour deals. My advice - look for Gabe, she'll look after you. I'm already looking forward to my next trip to Cairns so I can stay here again :)

Room tip: I preferred booking a private room, but all rooms are close to bathrooms and kitchen.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Hey Day Dreamer . thanks for staying great to hear it was fantastic. we agree with you Gabi is the best . ee you next time.

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

I'm so glad I booked and stayed at Dreamtime. From the moment I booked until I checked out the staff were friendly, informative and went above and beyond on service. I stayed in a deluxe room which was perfect, a double bed, fridge and basin. With the shower and toilet opposite my room it couldn't get any better. The location is ideal for everything. I booked my trips through them which took the pain away from having to do it - thanks Dreamtime for a wonderful stay

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
stevedouglas04, Owner at Dreamtime Travellers Rest, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Hi Nicola many thanks for taking the time to review our hostel our staff love what they do, so glad to hear you enjoyed. the Dream team

Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

Dreamtime Travellers Rest is a great hostel. I stayed in a 3 bed dorm ( no bunks ! ) for 8 nights and now I am staying in a single private room. Hostel is very close to a massive shopping centre.It is a $1 coin for 3 hours of air conditioner, and worth every cent ! Staff are all very friendly and hard workers. I was made to feel very welcome from the time I stepped in the door. I am planning to come back to cairns in February 2019 and this is what I call a great hostel.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank David L

Wow 10 out of 10 many thanks David hope to see you back in February . the Dreamers .