All reviews bbq night movie night air con double room shopping centre relaxed vibe free pool table free wifi home from home book tours min walk communal areas across the road a great place to stay stayed here for nights the great barrier reef hostel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I would definitely recommend staying at the Dreamtime. This was my first time staying at a hostel and I was so impressed by how pleasant everything was. Very friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms and bathrooms, convenient location close to train station and shops, lots of other friendly travellers to meet and talk to. I also loved being hooked up with lots of cheap rainforest and reef tour deals. My advice - look for Gabe, she'll look after you. I'm already looking forward to my next trip to Cairns so I can stay here again :)

Room tip: I preferred booking a private room, but all rooms are close to bathrooms and kitchen.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
stevedouglas04, Owner at Dreamtime Travellers Rest, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hey Day Dreamer . thanks for staying great to hear it was fantastic. we agree with you Gabi is the best . ee you next time.

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

I'm so glad I booked and stayed at Dreamtime. From the moment I booked until I checked out the staff were friendly, informative and went above and beyond on service. I stayed in a deluxe room which was perfect, a double bed, fridge and basin. With the shower and toilet opposite my room it couldn't get any better. The location is ideal for everything. I booked my trips through them which took the pain away from having to do it - thanks Dreamtime for a wonderful stay

Trip type: Travelled solo
stevedouglas04, Owner at Dreamtime Travellers Rest, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Hi Nicola many thanks for taking the time to review our hostel our staff love what they do, so glad to hear you enjoyed. the Dream team

Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

Dreamtime Travellers Rest is a great hostel. I stayed in a 3 bed dorm ( no bunks ! ) for 8 nights and now I am staying in a single private room. Hostel is very close to a massive shopping centre.It is a $1 coin for 3 hours of air conditioner, and worth every cent ! Staff are all very friendly and hard workers. I was made to feel very welcome from the time I stepped in the door. I am planning to come back to cairns in February 2019 and this is what I call a great hostel.

1  Thank David L

Wow 10 out of 10 many thanks David hope to see you back in February . the Dreamers .

Reviewed 19 October 2018 via mobile

I spent two nights at Dreamtime, and the place is so nice : quiet, chill, hosts are so nice and convenient. It so easy to meet other people. Rooms and facilities are really clean, I highly recommend !

Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi Lucile, thanks for your review and 5 stars glad you enjoyed . safe travels the dreamtime crew

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Needed a last-minute bed for the night, and couldn't have found a better place than Dreamtime! Was able to park my car nearby, the place was very clean and quiet, and it was well located to town. I would definitely recommend this to anyone staying in Cairns!

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank Sarah I
stevedouglas04, Owner at Dreamtime Travellers Rest, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Hi Sarah . Thanks for staying at Dreamtime and taking the time to leave us a review . Its important to us to receive feed back to remind ourselves that this is not a job its our passion. from everyone at the Dream hostel.