1,370 results
All reviews tennis courts a mountain view room family room seafood buffet pleasant walk minute walk an upgrade swim up bar room was large reception staff centre of town bit dated the great barrier reef esplanade xbox gym playground
Reviewed 19 September 2018

The new $10.00 per night fee for packing is more the unfair, also the new locked up front means NO ONE can drive through to unload their bags without a 6 point turn around (if a bus isn't there) OR paying to get out the bloody boom gate. I was there on the weekend and three weeks before that and then two weeks before that, I resent paying extra for something that has always been free, especially when your boom gates aren't even working properly. I respect not letting locals park as they like But if I'm paying for a room I don't believe I should pay for parking. It's your choice to charge so you cop the cost.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
andrew W, General Manager at Rydges Esplanade Resort Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Dear Skilling43,

Thank you for your feedback. I have personally responded to your email and trust that you are satisfied with the proposal put forward for any future visits.
It is not uncommon for hotels to charge for parking. For ease of unloading luggage you are certainly permitted to access the car park without incurring a fee and our concierge team are on hand to assist.
As mentioned in my correspondence to you we certainly value your loyalty as a repeat customer and hope that we continue to have the opportunity to look after you when staying in Cairns.

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Nice comfortable beds. Clean
Check in at reception quick, friendly girl on desk, explained everything required and also the car parking.
Only negative is no chairs to have a seat on balcony to admire the sea views

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Stevel_spain1973,

Thank you for such terrific feedback and for choosing to stay with us.
We hope for an opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip to Cairns.

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

My partner and I have stayed here a few times while living in/visiting Cairns. This time was for a wedding at Rydges which was done beautifully. The customer service was great although there was a mix up in communication as on check in we were told we had to pay $10 for parking.. but were told half an hour later by a staff member that as wedding guests we didnt need to pay for parking.

The rooms are a bit out dated and need a bit of refurbishment. The beds are comfy but the rooms just felt a bit old. The shower was over a very small bath which would be a bit inconvenient if you were older or less mobile.

It was a convenient stay as we attended a wedding there however wouldn't go out of my way to stay there again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear cnl93,

Thank you for your feedback. It was pleasing to read that you enjoyed the wedding function and I will certainly share these comments with our banqueting team. Some of our rooms do have the option of a separate shower and we also have accessible rooms available if required.
Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

Stayed recently and had a lovely 4 day stay. It's an older Hotel but couldn't fault it. Check in/out went smoothly, staff were helpful. We used the gym and the two swimming pools. Ate in the restaurant one night - chose the buffet which was had a great variety of food and all tasted delicious. We were on the 9th floor - had the best shower pressure and instant hot water. The air-con doesn't have a control - to sleep we chose to turn it off and sleep with sliding door open a little bit. We had an enjoyable stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear gebb25,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. It was pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We trust that you enjoyed your overall time in Cairns and hope for an opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

I did not know that they now charge for parking. I could not see it on the booking page. I also did not check my booking and forgot to include the breakfast when I booked, so I very surprised in the morning. Prices have gone up.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Gail M,

My apologies for the frustrations experience during your recent stay with us.
If you do find yourself travelling to Cairns in the future please don't hesitate to get in touch as I would welcome the opportunity to make amends

General Manager..