All reviews homestead restaurant poolside bar games room shuttle bus main pool nice resort buffet breakfast great pool tropical australia heaps cbd tours esplanade
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Cairns colonial club resort, more like the cairns tip, I would not recommend this place to anyone!! The place stunk of sewage or blocked toilet which the staff did not want to fix. I personally would not pay money to stay here I would rather sleep on the street. It was raining one night and due to the blocked storm water pipes water was running in to the room. On top of this, the iron leaked water which is a massive hazard. The dinner made us feel instantly ill after and they did not refill the salad bar at all (so tough luck if you had dinner later on because you would receive scraps).

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotel M, Director of Sales at Cairns Colonial Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

I am so sorry that on this occasion we fell short of your expectations. As an older property, we definitely have our fair share of challenges! Fortunately we are in the early stages of a significant restoration project which we expect will resolve most of the issues that you experienced. Thanks for taking the time to share your comments.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

My partner and our 2 boys spent 2 nights here. The room was lovely and clean. The restaurant food was delicious. Staff were all lovely.. I have no complaints but do recommend that the outdoors of this resort does need a makeover.. Main beach pool seems very run down.. A few shade cloths would do the pools wonders in this heat. The kids playground is not appealing at all my son showed no interest what so ever.. so a few little adjustments outside and this place would be perfect.. Other then that we had a great time here. Thankyou

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Stayed here a few years ago and had a nice room near pool and the place was in good condition. Unfortunately this time we got a room next to the rear car park above the handy skip. The room was very tired, paint peeling from bathroom walls and my husband had to fix shower tap to stop it falling off. Overall the resort appears to have had very little done in intervening years, and a bit of paint isn’t enough to fix things. The place appeared very poorly maintained, the gardens especially at the back were not nice and the kids playground unsafe to use, with a milk crate over some equipment and looking very dodgy. Had been looking forward to drinks and snacks by the pool but the casual poolside eating area was closed. This was over the busy Christmas/New Year period with plenty of people around, and we were not warned that some facilities were no longer operational.
I will praise the room cleanliness and excellent wifi, but that is all I’m afraid. Very disappointed in the way the ‘resort’ has ended up, as it used to be so nice.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi Louise, I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am glad that you appreciated our commitment to room cleanliness and the wifi reception which is so important in this day and age. Many of the issues you mention will be resolved as part of our current $10 million restoration project which will see upgraded accommodation rooms and public areas as well as the reopening of our Poolside Café. Thanks Louise.

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed here over the Christmas period for my holidays, upon arrival to the room I was fairly disappointed to what it was compared to the photos! The bed was very loud ever time you moved, the fan at night time was noisy and in the bathroom there was sprayed dead bull ants all over the sink and window ledge and it wasn't cleaned up.
The only good thing was the pools and the shuttle bus. The shuttle bus was a convenient way of getting into the CBD because the resort was way to far from everything (café/shops), however in the busy people/hours we had to wait for the bus to return because it could only fit so many people, they should either have more travel times in the peak hours or another bus.
Wouldn't probably stay there again, sorry.

Date of stay: January 2018
Hotel M, Director of Sales at Cairns Colonial Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

We appreciate your comments Nives. I'm glad you enjoyed our three lagoon style pools and 11 acres of tropical rainforest gardens. We have taken your feedback on board and will use to improve the experience of future guests. Thanks!

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

I have been here a number of times before however this time was a bit disappointing. The rooms are clean and well serviced and the resort is generally quiet with only the expected noise from a resort, families enjoying the pool ect. The most disappointing thing was as we were in a large group of multi ages we’d hoped to have some Christmas drinks in the swim up bar and pool areas however both pool bars were shut (at Christmas time!) and staffing at the only open bar and restaurants appeared limited.
I understand the resort is going through an upgrade but I’d have thought they would’ve catered better at Christmas time.
The only other issue here is location, it is a fair way from the CBD there is however a resort bus to there for $5pp.
It is an ok resort and I would stay there again but would consider others first.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Hotel M, Director of Sales at Cairns Colonial Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

As a regular visitor to the resort, we highly value your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed the clean rooms and relaxed atmosphere of our lagoon pools and tropical rainforest gardens. In addition to more refurbished rooms and a "new look" foyer and entrance lobby, our goal is to have the Poolside Café fully restored and functional again in 2018. I hope you will come back and visit us again once the restoration is complete!