2,204 results
All reviews tamarind restaurant junior suite spa bath separate toilet cafe china wildlife dome nespresso machine plantation shutters pillow menu turn down service room service beautiful room mini bar water view fantastic hotel city view our honeymoon
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We took a quick trip to Cairns to visit family on a huge Cattle Station 4 Hours west of Cairns.

Decided to spoil ourselves for a night at the Pullman Reef Hotel Casino before flying home. The staff made us very welcome and soon took us to our Junior Suite. I know you can get cheaper rooms but if you want to experience something special chip in and spoil yourself, you will not be disappointed.

Huge corner room with incredible views over the water and out to the ocean, easy access to the boardwalk where all the restaurants are located.

One of the best hotels we have stayed in, we highly recommend

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Wayne R, General Manager at Pullman Reef Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear need-a-break2011,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Pullman Reef Hotel Casino. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Our Junior Suites are very special and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay in one during your stay.
I do hope we can welcome you again in the future.
Wayne Reynolds,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have stayed in many hotels in Cairns on various visits and this hotel would have to be hands-down the best I have stayed in. I won't mention names but it's better than THE hotel in Cairns. This hotel will be my home on future visits. The staff were so welcoming, friendly and helpful. The foyer was very comfortable with a lot of places to sit and rest. The room was immaculate, spacious, clean, comfortable with a very well stocked fridge and goodies in the bathroom. The location was perfect, being right across the road from the ship wharf and easy walking distance to town. There was absolutely nothing to fault in this hotel. I will be back for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with water views.....you can even have a bath with views of the water.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear Jeanie W,
Thank you for your very kind words. Fantastic that we were able to exceed your expectations with our service and the rooms. We do look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Cairns.
Kind regards
Wayne

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’m in Australia for business and decided to take some personal time to be a tourist is Cairns. From the time I checked in, the service could not have been better. My room was being cleaned so the front desk directed me to the concierge to book my activities. Two gentlemen gave me thorough advice for a reef snorkel trip for a day out to a pontoon on the reef and a combined train/skyway trip to the rainforest and booked everything for me. By the time we finished my room was ready and they delivered my bag for me. The room was a beautiful view of the inlet water with an amazingly comfortable bed with crisp cool linens, a full bathroom with separate tub shower and toilet with an option to open a sliding door to see the view. Wonderful bathroom products by CE Bigelow with lavender scent and fantastic hair dryer. I had breakfast in the merchant cafe which was delicious and hot. Used my $20 credit for signing up for their loyalty program at bar36 for cocktails and two4one appetizer and had really good dim sum at cafe China. It was a very easy walk to the pier for my reef snorkel trip with really great restaurants all along the water. Great location and great staff.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank travelgill

Dear travelgill,
So good to see we could give you some relaxing RNR away from your business trip. Cairns is such a great destination and we are very appreciative that you chose to stay with us to enjoy. We do hope the rest of your trip is a successful one.
Best regards
Wayne

Reviewed 15 September 2018

This is a very good hotel. Large rooms, good bathroom/showers, comfortable beds, very helpful staff. We were due to stay 1 night, but due to an accident stayed 10 nights. The hotel is close to the cruise ship wharf, and many restaurants.

Room Tip: River view side
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Wayne R, General Manager at Pullman Reef Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Derek P,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Pullman Reef Hotel Casino. I am so sorry to hear that you had to extend your stay due to an accident. I hope that we were able to assist you to be as comfortable as possible. I very much hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Wayne Reynolds

Reviewed 13 September 2018

We went to Cairns for a short break for our anniversary. Chose this hotel based on reviews, closeness to the reef terminal and the Accor Plus programme.
Booked an Inlet view room which was very spacious with comfortable bed and lovely bathroom.
Were very impressed with attention to detail and we were appreciative of the complimentary wine, chocolate, plum marshmallow and more.
Breakfast in the Tamarind restaurant is very impressive with cooked to order menu as well as buffet. The sugar-cane press was fun too.
The bar is fun with live music and people of all ages dancing.
The minimum bets at the casino are on the high side
Also enjoyed a quick trip round the animal exhibit upstairs
All staff extremely professional and it was spotless throughout

Room Tip: We liked our Inlet view room. We used Accor programme to our advantage
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Bexandy,
Congratulations on your anniversary. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. I very much hope we can welcome you again for more anniversaries in the future.
Wayne Reynolds