Hotels.com
eDreams
Agoda.com
FindHotel
2,985 results
All reviews the executive lounge spa room trinity inlet water view buffet breakfast reef fleet terminal an upgrade port douglas fantastic location mondo balcony casino esplanade concierge canapes harbour australia
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 November 2021

I am a little unsure why this property has copped so many negative reviews lately, I think reviewers need to cut these guys some slack, the travel industry is trying to pick itself back up after a global pandemic which is still active. Some amenities maybe still missing...sure it can make a stay less enjoyable, but if the customer had a better understanding perhaps their perception would be different?

My most recent stay at this property was out of this world...yes even in COVID-19 times.

The staff really make this Hilton property shine, from the moment I checked in until I checked out I felt welcome.

My shout out and praise to the staff extends to those working at the breakfast buffet and in the executive lounge...again...fantastic and great personalised customer service.

My room was fantastic, clean, bright, with a brilliant balcony to enjoy the warm North Queensland sun.

The property itself is right in town, close to all the amenities and everything is within walking distance.

I cannot wait to come back for another weekend get away.

Date of stay: October 2021
Kristy Williams, Marketing at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2021

Hi TravelinBroVets

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful and lovely review. I must admit I was really moved because you are right: the past 18 months has been absolutely horrendous for our Industry and Cairns itself has really been hit hard.

All that said, we are extremely fortunate to have some of the best, most passionate Team Members in any hotel you could visit, and they work tirelessly every single day to deliver experiences just like yours.

Once again sincere thanks for your kind words and please know I have already shared your feedback with the Hotel GM.

We do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 29 October 2021

Your Cairns Hilton is not a 5 start property in any way.

Positives - welcoming staff, on site parking, lobby fragrance, water coolers on each floor

Negatives -
1. AC doesn't cool the room to below 23 degrees. In Cairns you need an effective AC - your maintainence people advise it cannot be fixed.
2. Carpets are worn out and have damp smell.
3. The food spread at Cairns Hilton is not of international 5 star standard. It basic with the usual hot and cold stuff.
4. On availability of staff - no maintainence till 10am next day, no house keeping till 10am the next day. It this a local motel or a world brand hotel?
5. No after hours room service - so no food after a certain time of the evening.

I have spread the word about your hotel and cautioned family/friends to never stay at your property!

Room tip: Don't stay here
Date of stay: October 2021
Kristy Williams, Marketing at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2021

Hi AbhiSan

We do appreciate you taking the time to leave your review on Tripadvisor and bringing these issues to our attention. I did want to take a moment to assure you we take such feedback very seriously and I have already arranged a time to meet with my colleagues in Operations to review your comments.

Reviewed 26 October 2021

My husband and I booked in for 4 nights with a package deal which upgraded us to the executive suite which also included buffet breakfast and access to the executive lounge.

We were a little hesitant with booking initially due to all the mixed reviews but decided to give it a go and are so pleased we did.

From the moment we arrived, Kim at reception made us feel very welcome and was very informative and helpful with our requests.

The room and bathroom were absolutely spacious and clean and the bed was extremely comfortable and the staff for the daily servicing did a wonderful job each time. The only thing that could do with updating is the carpet as it's wearing thin however this wasn't an issue for us.

The buffet breakfast is absolutely amazing, one of the best buffet breakfasts we have ever been to, they have everything you could possibly want including barista coffee and again, the staff were so polite and welcoming.

As for the executive lounge, from 10am - 4pm you can get refreshments like juices, soft drinks, fruit, muesli bars, crackers and biscuits and then from 5:30 - 7:30pm there is a hot and cold food mini buffet along with all you can drink wine, beer and spirits. We weren't sure if they were going to serve the same food every night however they mixed it up each night even serving fresh oysters on a couple of occasions.
Luce was the lady serving us in the executive lounge each day and she was absolutely brilliant, such a kind, caring and very pleasant individual. Thank you so much Luce.

The pool area is lovely with enough cover for those that wish to stay out of the sun and also enough area for those that would like to catch some sun and the pool itself is a very decent size. There is also a bar and a gym located in the pool area.

As for the location, you really couldn't find anything better. You walk out of the back entrance which leads directly onto the marina where you have all the restaurants and bars which by the way, if you're a seafood lover, The "Prawn Star" and "Tha Fish" are a must go to.

The only downside we found to the hotel is the Restaurant attached to the Hilton, the food was quite mediocre and the staff seemed a little scattered and unsure of the menu items however the view was lovely.

I'm absolutely stumped as to where the negative reviews have come from as we couldn't have asked for any more and that's coming from a very well travelled couple.

Thanks again to all the staff at the Hilton for our wonderful experience and we look forwards to staying again in the near future.

Dear Susanne F

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a lovely and complete review on Tripadvisor.

It is always pleasing to read such lovely comments: where our guests have experienced everything that Hilton is known and loved for! We have any excellent location in Cairns ... as you said, an easy walk to a wide selection of dining options and just 1 minutes' walk from the Reef Boat Terminal on the waterfront.

You stayed in an Executive Room with access to our newly decorated executive Lounge on the top floor of the hotel - we receive so many amazing comments for Luse so I wanted to assure you I will be sharing your feedback with her manager.

Once again many thanks and we do hope to welcome you back to Hilton Cairns very soon!

Reviewed 19 October 2021 via mobile

One of the worst hospitality experiences ever. Hotel is meant to be 5* but it barely makes it past 3.5. As for the staff definitely 2.5* quality service.
Had problems with internet as there seems to be a security issue that prevents certain apps from working.

The front desk attendant, Daniel, wasn’t much help. Very rude and not sure where he was trained as he certainly did not demonstrate the Hilton quality.

The IT Manager, Allan, was too busy to even take my query. And when I started asking certain issues related to the firewall from the hotel side that might be preventing WhatsApp and zoom from working. His response was that he wasn’t really an IT person but just the manager. Hmmmmm!!!
His response to my issue was to prove a new Promotional Code for the internet. The code he gave me did not work. He disappeared to try and find another code. I waited 10min and then asked Daniel to have Alan call me with the new code. No call was forthcoming.

I gave up and decided to use mobile data for my phone.

All in all a very poor service in. Marquee hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Kristy Williams, Marketing at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2021

Dear 993ja

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your detailed review on TripAdvisor.

Please be assured I have already shared your comments with the managers of the team members you mentioned, and I will ensure we take on board your feedback for immediate improvement.

Reviewed 10 October 2021

A very good Hilton, but not exceptional. Best location in Cairns for shopping, food, ferries and waterfront. Ambience is simple, but attractive including public areas and pool (nice!). Buffet breakfast is excellent in breadth and quality. Rooms are satisfactory although bathrooms could be improved with exhaust fan and better shower facility. Seems others also found their fridge not working. TV reception very poor (took me back to the eighties/nineties); remote annoying. Overall, satisfied with this stay.

2  Thank BillS2743

Hi Bill$2743

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review on Tripadvisor.

Hilton Cairns certainly does have an incredible location: right in the heart of Cairns, on the waterfront and an easy stroll to many key attractions, including the Reef Boat Terminal.

This year, one of our goals was to really focus on our breakfast offering - so it is really pleasing to read you enjoyed the quality and variety of our buffets.

We do hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.