All reviews close to the airport shower over bath botanic gardens breakfast and dinner bus stop travel agent reception staff palm cove would definitely stay here again room service bed was comfortable rooms are large decent size great place to stay free wifi good nights sleep centre of town
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

I was here for work and the hotel was chosen by a local based on location to where I was working. Many comments in other reviews are concerned with location - but surely you’d look at that before booking? It is where it is. They can’t change that. So if it’s not where you want to be, book elsewhere. Simples!
For the price, it’s a good hotel.
It does not pretend to be a resort or a 5 Star joint. But it does it’s job well.
My room was simple but fine.
Room service and restaurant likewise. And prices fair.
Wifi signal strength and consistency was wobbly, but hardly a major issue.
My advice is know what you want and where you want to be. If this meets those criteria, then you’ll be happy you stayed here. I was, and would again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Stephen H
Stuart M, Manager at Cairns Sheridan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

we had 2 stays there as we were doing the gulf lander & the savanna lander train trip from the gulf country, our stay was very pleasant and friendly our first room was a bit out dated & when we retuned we had a modern room they could be renovating as required the staff were exceptional nothing was a problem from Stuart, Leanne, Leeora, Judy,Jordon we had a great time there the breakfast bar was great good choice of foods to choose from, I would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lindsay M
Stuart M, Manager at Cairns Sheridan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Thank you so much for your generous review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Good value. Spacious room and bathroom. Comfortable bed and pillows. Even though facing onto Sheridan street was very quiet. Shower over bath quite slippery and needed to put bath mat in to reduce hazard. Plenty of hot water. Restaurant offered a full wholesome breakfast. Evening meal was home cooked soup and flavoursome. Great WiFi. About 8 blocks from CBD. BUS stop directly in front of the hotel. Botanic Gardens within easy walking distance and plenty of dining options nearby. All staff friendly and helpful

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank LyndallS831
Stuart M, Manager at Cairns Sheridan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

I have been travelling to Cairns now for 2 years on my way to projects my company operates in remote inland areas in north Queensland.
During this time I have on occasions, a requirement to stay in Cairns before flying in or out of the City during my visits.
I have stayed at numerous Hotels in this time and have found it can be very much hit and miss with standards, price and services offered. Never have I felt compelled to remain loyal to anyone accommodation facility until now nor write a review...
I happened across the Sheridan Hotel by accident and can only say that I have found my preferred accommodation.
The rooms are modern and not at high-class prices. As a business person, nothing is too much trouble when i needed some administrative assistance.
The food is great and reasonably priced. I met a lovely elderly couple who live locally and have been regular visitors to the restaurant for years.
The General Manager and his wife have managed the hotel for over 25 years and when they saw me by myself invited me for drinks and to dine with them.
I understand that there are other good establishments in town, however I was really made to feel at home and will not chance any other place in future.
I cannot recommend the Sheridan highly enough.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank P4965TRrobert
Stuart M, Manager at Cairns Sheridan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review. To me this is just plain, old-fashioned hospitality. This is how it used to be done and this is how we still relate to our guests. It is amazing how many return guests we get with a bit of this style hospitality. But sadly most managers are now desk bound with their mobile devices strapped to their hands and any guest contact is very low priority. I also stay in hotels but I can't remember the last time I even met the manager let alone being invited to drinks with them. Sad times ahead for hotels as more of us old-school managers start to disappear. Thanks again for recognizing some good old hospitality.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff, quick and easy check in, clean and tidy rooms. Some of the furniture a bit dated and one of the chairs was broken. I had room service which only costs $3 extra. This was served relatively quickly and was rather nice. Breakfast a bit expensive for a buffet though.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Stuart M, General Manager at Cairns Sheridan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Thank you for your review, it is nice to get positive feedback that we can work with. Thanks again.