Open today: 6:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Discovery Tours Australia tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Discovery Tours Australia
from US$102.60
from US$145.90
from US$409.80
More Info
All reviews mossman gorge cape tribulation daintree tea house small group half day tour solar whisper port douglas morning tea barramundi land rover palm cove fruit restaurant owner his knowledge flagstaff hill afternoon ice cream daintree icecream
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a private trip booked, to be picked up at an outback lodge/cattle station, to be taken back to Cairns Airport. Although only a relatively short 3 hour drive, our driver Mick located us in a remote location, drove very expertly through outback country (it had rained heavily a few days before, so the track was a bit mushy in places). Mick then pointed out all the places of interest along the way, great conversation, the time passed very quickly. He's very proud of TNQ and rightly so. We would definitely consider a longer tour when up there. Thanks Mick! David & Kim, Sydney

Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at Discovery Tours Australia, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Private Charters are just one of the things that we do as a small group operator, we offer both day tours and extended tours of our region. Our drivers love what they do and strive to offer our customers the best experience possible even if it is just a transfer. If you are ever back in Far North Queensland we would love to have you on board with us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I had a wonderful day out in a small group, with Warren as our guide for a tour round the rainforest and other spectacular sights.

We booked ‘Full day Daintree’.

Highlights were spotting crocodiles in Daintree River, learning about trees and plant life on the rainforest boardwalk, and of course grabbing locally made ice cream before the trip back to base!

Warren was extremely knowledgeable and passionate about the natural history of Daintree, and made the whole trip really interesting and informative.

A great day for anybody interested in learning more about the rainforest - you won’t be disappointed.

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your day with us. I will pass on your feedback to Warren. Thank your for travelling with us.

Reviewed 4 November 2018

I went expecting Rainforest, I came away with a whole new perspective. I have to give a big "High Five" to my Tour Guide, Carsten, his knowledge on Biodiversity, Botany, and Environment was awesome and his care for the Rainforest and Wildlife inspiring.
If discovery and knowledge is your thing then put this on your Bucket List.

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

This morning we took a half day forest and waterfalls 4wd tour. Our guide, Warren, picked us up from our hotel on time. We were the only couple on the trip. The vehicle was comfortable and Warren very knowledgeable about everything we saw. He even brought out tea and biscuits at one of the stops. We had an amazing trip seeing sights, both on regular roads and off road, that we could not have seen on our own. All in all a wonderful morning.

Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at Discovery Tours Australia, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Hi Sue,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear that Warren took such good care of you. I will pass on your feedback to him. Our small groups make it a very personalized tour and we travel for just 2 people as you discovered,. Our unique half day tour offers a great way to see Rainforest and Waterfalls with less travel allowing more time to enjoy. Thank you for travelling with us.

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had an amazing time on this tour. Our guide, Jean, was so knowledgeable and he made the tour! We will definitely book again with this company and ask for Jean.

Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at Discovery Tours Australia, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Hi Andrew,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to hear that Jean took such care of you on your day and helped you to enjoy your tour with us. I will pass on your feedback to him. We look forward to having you on tour with us again someday.

Reviewed 1 September 2018

We booked a day tour from Cairns to Cape Tribulation, including Mossman Gorge, a boat trip on the Daintree River, Cape Tribulation and a short visit to the Daintree Icecream Factory. It was an absolutely perfect day and we enjoyed every second of it (including spotting of crocodiles, a cassowary and wallabies). Mick, our tour guide and driver, made this an unforgettable day. It is a long day, but worth every part of it. It includes all the great places north of Cairns as well as a nice morning tea and a great lunch. We would recommend this trip for anybody who would like to see as much as possible in one day.

Chris S, Public Relations Manager at Discovery Tours Australia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear how much wildlife you were able to see in the wild. There is a lot to see on our Daintree day tour, I am pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your day with Mick. I will pass on your comments to him. Thank you for traveling with us.