Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$153
FindHotelUS$153
ExpediaUS$153
TripadvisorUS$153
ZenHotels.com
Trip.comUS$155
All reviews milk bar lovely artwork every interaction sister hotel robes and slippers rain shower hotel is beautiful loved staying here third floor pool deck central cairns our night stay comfortable room restaurants and bars next morning hotel room two nights
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 September 2021 via mobile

Crystalbrook Bailey is a modern hotel. Loved the beautiful smell entering the reception. Rooms are small but very well laid out making our stay very comfortable. Well situated within walking distance to everything. Staff was very helpful and friendly. The con about this hotel is no breakfast available and the restaurant is only open from Thursday to Saturday. We would have loved a spa also but needed to walk to Flynn if you wish to have a spa. Newspapers might be a lovely gesture like other hotels offer. Overall great holiday experience and we will be back.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for your review- great to have you stay with us.
In this current climate of domestic travel our outlets are on reduced hours. We are fortunate to have 3 hotels with Cairns so our guests can utilise the offerings for dining and spa with easy charge back to your room.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Cairns

Reviewed 17 August 2021 via mobile

Yes it's covid...and we really want to help out the travel industry, but paying $300 a night for a 'deluxe' room only experience isn't going to tempt us again. At the moment this is a 3 star hotel. No minibar, bar, pool service, room service or restaurant within the hotel (we are staying Monday to Thursday while everything is closed). Can't use the sauna etc if you aren't in the 'residences' bit. No suggestions made at check in as to alternatives - just sort it out yourselves. I get it that they've cut staff, but why I'm really annoyed is I rang twice before going ahead with the booking given govt covid rules - I even said I wouldn't want to come if nothing was open as we just wanted to relax in a resort- and was told both times that everything was open, just reduced numbers in the restaurant. On arrival when told all was closed, the girl said 'well we didn't know what days you'd be here' - um I had a booking!! Not good enough. I recently stayed at Crystalbrook Byron (during covid) and could use everything and had a lovely time - hence why I joined the Crystalbrook club and again booked with them. This particular hotel is not in the same league and I really can't understand that it has the same star rating. Oh and lastly, LinkedIn told me that I was checked out straight after check-in by the staff - feels like stalking - maybe to see if they should try a bit harder in case I was someone important? Apparently not.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for your review and taking the time to let us know about your stay.
I apologise for the changes in operational times from time of booking to your stay. Due to lower demand in the ever changing climate of travel at present, we have reduced hours of our outlets. I am sorry this was not addressed upon check in.
Minibar is now available on all Ipads and delivered to the room, just a new way to navigate through the new normal of ensuring we meet guidelines set by QLD government.
We have not met your expectations and for this I am sorry. Bailey has a lot to offer and when fully re-opened it would be great for you to see.

Reviewed 3 August 2021 via mobile

Room 135

Few issues.
You have to call down to have the aircon turned on, my shower grate was left off in the bathroom. Later found out I had been checked in to an "uninspected" room.

Was promised that the bathroom would be recleaned by the housekeeping team. They put up fresh towels and mopped the floor. But forgot to clean the actual shower, so hair from the previous guest/s was left.

Was offered another room, but didn't want to come across the same issue, so I checked out.
The staff where lovely, and clearly shocked by the situation.

No refund or compensation was offered, just a "sorry".

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Management response:Responded 4 August 2021

I am so sorry we did not meet expectations and you leaving the hotel as a consequence. Mistakes do happen as i can see has occurred here. Although clean room the final touches were missed.
Appreciate the feedback and you taking the time to hit all the social channels with your review

Reviewed 28 July 2021

I don't usually post a 5 star rating, but this hotel really deserves it. The reception staff are great, friendly and helpful. I would like to give a shout out to Jaydev Walia from the front desk who simply went the extra mile to ensure our comfort upon our late arrival. A lovely had written note greeted us in our room with a small gift thanking us for our return stay. Their rooms are new. That means fresh, innovative luxurious and with superb colours and a new almost Scandi look. Super clean, crispy linen, massive comfy bed that you can guarantee has not been slept in by hundreds before us. The bathroom is fabulous with all the latest fittings and included boutique soaps etc. Breakfast wasn't available although the cafe is open, but we couldn't drink the dishwater coffee. But breakfast is available at the Flynn - one of the Crystalbrook stable hotels a 30 second walk across the road. Awesome breakfast overlooking the ocean and charged to your room. Thoroughly recommend. We will keep using the Bailey again and again.

Room tip: Ask for a balcony over the ocean. The town facing rooms are fabulous too.
Date of stay: July 2021
Management response:Responded 4 August 2021

Thank you Marina for your review- So nice you visited the other sibling Flynn as well to offer variety
Cant wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed 28 July 2021

I stayed at the Bailey for 3 days earlier this month, in town on my own for a wedding. I wanted to stay somewhere upscale, convenient and private.

Firstly, love the app. Being able to use my phone to unlock my room? Game changer. I rarely carry a wallet at all any more and have gotten used to walking out of the house with only my phone on me and not having to be worried about lugging a key around was really great.

The option to check in via the app was great too, however it didn't work for me despite several attempts. At that stage I would have appreciated staff checking me in as opposed to continuing to try the app with me, but we eventually got there and as I said, the concept behind the app and some of the features are awesome.

My room was well appointed, clean and comfortable. The bed was gorgeous and I slept so, so well. Having free movies and the in-room Chromecast option was great too. The rain shower in the bathroom is heavenly (particularly after sweaty & humid Cairns day!), and the big shower felt luxurious. I also really loved the pump bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body wash - saves so much on plastic waste and allows guests to use what they need. I had a view over the pool area, and whilst the music from the pool deck/bar was a little loud at times, by the time bedtime came around it was no issue.

In terms of the negative, I was pretty let down at the lack of room service. Being in town for a limited time and wanting to maintain COVID-safe protocols as much as possible, my plan was to eat in my room and enjoy the room amenities when I was not at the event I was attending. When I checked in and realised room service was not being offered, I was pretty let down - I'm not sure of the reason why a hotel of this calibre would not offer it, but given the safest method of hotel dining right now would be room service left at the door, I was disappointed to say the least. I ended up using Uber Eats a couple of times, as I note other guests have mentioned that they have done, and again was disappointed that no cutlery was included in the room. If you know guests are going to have to order out, it seems like a basic thing to include? Even disposable cutlery (like bamboo, which is landfill friendly too) would have been a big help. When one of my meals didn't come with the requested eating utensils, I asked at reception and it took 35mins for someone to bring up two forks only. Also the minibar was empty but offered in-room delivery, which may be a COVID protocol that I don't understand, but if it takes 35mins to bring up two forks I struggle to think waiting that long for a soft drink or a chocolate is worth it when Uber Eats can get it to you in 15mins if you nip downstairs.

The hotel itself is in a great location, easy walking distance to all of downtown Cairns and the space outside the hotel felt vibrant and inviting. The room is well appointed, thoughtfully designed and comfortable. Really the only major let down was the lack of in-room dining and amenities. If in-room dining was added or a room delivery service from the hotels' restaurants were offered, it would be a 5/5 property.

Room tip: Pool view room is lovely but can be a little noisy during the early-to-mid evening
Date of stay: July 2021

Artrockrebel-What a handle!
Thank you for taking the time to detail your stay with us.
We are still navigating the best room service offering to meet requirements and our style.
Glad the little touches were noticed and loved