All reviews guest lounge bbq area electric frypan pod coffee complimentary coffee basic needs microwave oven one night room was comfortable and clean flight path close to the airport short drive ironing board an early flight every morning stayed here for nights great accommodation
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

I was so disappointed with this hotel to the point where I checked out after one day and went somewhere else.

Firstly, the hotel has no lift which meant I had to carry my 30kg suitcase up the stairs. Between the poor receptionist and I we did manage but it wasn't how I wanted my holiday to start.

The room was average but the noise was unbelievable. The hotel is right one the main road and next to the airport. Between the two I managed to get absolutely no sleep. That was the environmental noise but the noise from the guests next door was even worse. They were arguing at stupid hour at night.

Furthermore, I didn't like the fact a group of men would always crowd on the first floor walk away- for me as a solo traveller this was very intimidating.

Lastly, I asked the receptionist where the closest beach was. She gave me an address and told me to catch a taxi. Well, nearly 45 minutes later and over 50 dollars later we arrived. On the way home my taxi driver informed me that there was a beach about 15 minutes drive from the hotel and this one was certainly not the closest. This was the final straw for me and I decided to move.

I hope other people have a better experience than me at this hotel because it does have the potential.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 August 2018

Clean,convenient,and comfortable. The light breakfast included was a surprise.All well done and good value.Pleasant staff.The receptionist was very helpful in particular,and upon arrival made us feel very welcome.We will stay again if we are in the area again.
Thanks again.

Room Tip: There are ground floors only,back rooms probably a little quieter
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2018

Reception staff were fabulous, so friendly and welcoming. I was so surprised at how great the room was. The complimentary guest area was excellent. Talk about value for money. Overall it was excellent

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2018

I stayed here for four nights at the beginning of May, in a King suite. This is a motel-style property with rooms around a central parking lot. My room was quiet and spacious. I didn't really need the kitchen, but I did appreciate the AC, wifi and the little balcony which was nice for hanging things to dry. One issue was the parade of tiny little ants. I realize that they may be endemic to the region, but ants on the bathroom counter every morning is not ideal. There was a light breakfast available daily in the lobby, which was appreciated, and both of the women who worked at the front desk were very helpful. The location is not exactly central. It's about a 10 minute walk to the waterfront/esplanade, but 20 minutes to the lagoon/30 minutes to the reef terminal if you don't have a car. I enjoyed my time in Cairns and, overall, had a good stay at the City Palms.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Managed to get a room at a super cheap price last minute, so we didn’t expect much. Great welcome by the friendly staff and loved the offer of complimentary coffee and scones at reception in the morning. Room itself was a good size with everything you need. Very clean. Yes there is traffic noise being along Sheridan road but nothing excessive. Overall thought this place was great value.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple