“In the realm of excellence”
Review of Montrachet

Montrachet
Ranked #30 of 5,011 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From the time you entered you are mesmerized by the decor and the attention to details.
We were warmly greeted at the door by Clare and guided to our table, the restaurant was full yet all the waiting staff were calm and in control. The service was impeccable, warm, friendly, knowledgeable, Ludo (maitre d') explained the specials and provided us with a few recommendations which did not disappoint, bewteen him and Tanya we were in excellent hands. The food was expertly executed and presented, flavours were abundant, attention to details is the modo, but moreover it is indeed a culinary journey. We shared some freshly shucked oysters and a duck parfait, matched with a glass of Champagne Palmer, the perfect combination for an aperitif. The Brioche was divine. The bread baked in the Boulangerie section was as good as the traditional baguette's and ample amount was provided during the meal, a nice touch for a French restaurant. For entrees, We could not go pass the Crab souffle and the Moreton bay bugs, expertly cooked and presented, both are generous serve, matched with a Picpoul de Pinet. For mains we had a Cassoulet (one of the best i had in a long time), the pan roasted Cataract Gorge lamb rack served Pink, tender with a delightful ratatouille and the oven baked Brooklet springs farm chicken breast which was simply sublime. We drank a Domaine Roux Pinot Noir 2015. We shared a few desserts which were surplus to requirements, but so glad that we let ourselves tempted. The final touch was a table visit from Shannon which really added to our superb dining experience. Montachet is up there with the best, service, food quality, dedication and passion is obvious and in Brisbane a must do. The value for money is outstanding. Gastronomy at its best!

Reviewed 31 May 2018

My partner and I dined at Montrachet last night, and is the first time we had been to the new restaurant.

First impressions are - wow, this place looks fantastic. They really have done a great job with the fit out and decor, making what is quite a large space look warm and cosy. The new fit out has kept the very close arrangement of tables against the banquette ( I'm not really a fan of sharing elbow room with diners at another table - but it adds to that French feel).

The staff are as you would hope and expect from a restaurant such as this - professional, polite and quite friendly. I always love floor staff who know their menu and wine lists.

The food was nice. Our entrées were nice - Onion soup and the Egg poached in pinot noir. The bread was superb, although even the waitress alluded to the disproportionate butter to bread ratio. Nothing to complain about with our mains - Fish of the day and Eye fillet with 'frites' ( I chose the later as this was my staff meal when I worked for Thierry Galichet as a poor student many years ago).

Having said all of the above, for me I left feeling a little underwhelmed. Previously I have raved about food at Montrachet - but that was a different time and owner. I'm not saying it was bad, far from it - it was just not quite 'rave' worthy for me.

I

1  Thank Andy E
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I recently had dinner here for my birthday

I had wanted to try the restaurant for some time but have never got around to it. But so glad I finally did as the food was amazing

For entree we shared the crab soufflé and the onion soup both of which were really tasty - especially the soufflé.

For mains we both had the rack of lamb which was very tender and extremely tasty

For dessert I had the soufflé and my husband has the lime desert - can’t remember exactly what it was but both deserts were the perfect end to our meals

The restaurant also has a great wine list and service was very good

The only minor negative is that it can be hard to try and make a booking as they only take phone bookings and it can be difficult to get them on the phone - but keep trying it will be worth it!

Whilst this place isn’t cheap I think the food was definitely worth the price and can’t wait to go back again

Reviewed 30 April 2018

My second time to the new location (first was as a VIP before it officially opened), and the food was exceptional both times. My wife and our friends thoroughly enjoyed our time spend together on Saturday night (book in advance to avoid disappointment). "best for in a long time" was one comment, so I think I picked the right restaurant. Congrats to the staff, very professional and the food was amazing.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The new venue will not disappoint. The new owners are so delightful and happy to have a chat and help you with wine choices. The food never disappoints I loved the gnocchi!
Nice small cozy restaurant. Make sure you book in advance to get a table!