“In the realm of excellence”
Review of Montrachet

Montrachet
Ranked #43 of 5,214 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2018

From the time you entered you are mesmerized by the decor and the attention to details.
We were warmly greeted at the door by Clare and guided to our table, the restaurant was full yet all the waiting staff were calm and in control. The service was impeccable, warm, friendly, knowledgeable, Ludo (maitre d') explained the specials and provided us with a few recommendations which did not disappoint, bewteen him and Tanya we were in excellent hands. The food was expertly executed and presented, flavours were abundant, attention to details is the modo, but moreover it is indeed a culinary journey. We shared some freshly shucked oysters and a duck parfait, matched with a glass of Champagne Palmer, the perfect combination for an aperitif. The Brioche was divine. The bread baked in the Boulangerie section was as good as the traditional baguette's and ample amount was provided during the meal, a nice touch for a French restaurant. For entrees, We could not go pass the Crab souffle and the Moreton bay bugs, expertly cooked and presented, both are generous serve, matched with a Picpoul de Pinet. For mains we had a Cassoulet (one of the best i had in a long time), the pan roasted Cataract Gorge lamb rack served Pink, tender with a delightful ratatouille and the oven baked Brooklet springs farm chicken breast which was simply sublime. We drank a Domaine Roux Pinot Noir 2015. We shared a few desserts which were surplus to requirements, but so glad that we let ourselves tempted. The final touch was a table visit from Shannon which really added to our superb dining experience. Montachet is up there with the best, service, food quality, dedication and passion is obvious and in Brisbane a must do. The value for money is outstanding. Gastronomy at its best!

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

I cannot express highly enough how wonderful the service, the food, the wines & the cocktails are.

My husband & I dined here in the evening with his interstate work colleagues and the food and service was amazing. Everyone was impressed with the food (Oh My Gosh - the cheese & crab soufflé)

The Montrachet restaurant Facebook page was very helpful giving clear directions to the carpark and I was also impressed that they were able to cater for all dietary requirements (with notice of course).

I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves amazing food and appreciates the efforts Shannon and the entire kitchen staff go to that make the Montrachet experience more than amazing and the floor staff for really making the evening smooth and enjoyable.

I was aware when I booked the earlier sitting that there was a later sitting after us. We were a table of 5 but still found this to be plenty of time to enjoy our food and soak in the atmosphere of the restaurant.

Thank you Shannon, Clare & all the staff for a lovely evening.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 16 June 2018

The French soup and Soufflé were excellent. Wine selection was good. The duck was average. The fish was overcooked and dry. The Hervey Bay Scollops and Bouillabaise were terrible. The place was noisy and crowded. Service was very average. Very overpriced for what you get. Very disappointed.

1  Thank Julie L
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

I was a huge fan of Montrachet in its original incarnation in Paddington. Looking forward to similar fare with usual favourites including crab soufflé and and hearty bifteck with frites. Unfortunately our visit to the new location in King St was the day Montrachet died in my mind. Arrived for an 8.30pm reservation at 8.25pm and told by very unwelcoming waiter that we had to go outside and wait in the cold. Several seats at the bar free but no offer to get an aperitif. Waited outside for 20 mins. Finally got a pretty ordinary table tagged onto a rowdy table of 6. Felt like there needed to be introductions, we were so close. No choice but to have a degustation menu which was pretty underwhelming and somewhat schizophrenic ( ie Thai fish soup anyone?). Real shame. They lost me from the extraordinary cold welcome and it never recovered. Au revoir Montrachet. I won’t be back.

1  Thank FitzHour
Reviewed 2 June 2018

My fav dish was the escargot. Served in pots topped with a buttery flaky pastry. The house made butter and french breads were perfect. A cosy and upmarket spot to take you away to Europe. An exclusive venue that takes weeks to get a booking.

Date of visit: May 2018