All reviewssydney streetfortitude valleyshared bathroomqueenslander houseother guestsdorm roomsingle travellerceiling fantea and coffee facilitiesminute walkmini fridgecity hopperrestaurants and cafesstay there againthe riverhome away from homehostel
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

I needed a home base as I was completing a short term teaching contract in the City.
Bowen Terrace Accomodation was a great find. With very friendly, helpful staff, this beautifully restored and maintained century old character home in New Farm (hipster capital of SE Qld) was everything I hoped for and more... Spoilt for choice with local restaurants and bars...walking distance to everywhere... public transport 50 metres from the front door with buses running every 15 minutes 7 days a week + the beautiful Brisbane River free City Hopper ferry service just a short walk away. The house is very comfortable with a large shared kitchen, plenty of fridge space, plenty of bathroom/shower facilities. A swimming pool and a breezy patio area for enjoying the balmy weather. I stayed for 8 weeks and I had not one complaint.
I highly recommend this delightful, reasonably priced accommodation.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Ann S, Owner at Bowen Terrace Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Hello Andrew,
Firstly, thankyou for the glowing feedback on our guest house. It's good to know we are seen by our guests in this positive light. As you know, both Desire and myself very much enjoyed having you stay with us. We do hope to see you another time, however in the meantime we both wish you every success in both your work and life generally.
Have a great Christmas and New Year and maybe catch up in 2018......
Ann and Desire

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Bowen Terrace was great, friendly staff and management. Thank you to Anne and Beth for helping me to work out buses in the area. Beautiful old house with lots of character, reminded me when I was a kid growing up in Queensland. Only one issue was noise from other guests during the night. Also like to mention the housekeeping staff were so friendly and it was nice to have a chat. Room lovely and clean and the shared bathroom, kitchen also clean. Will return in the future.

Room Tip: Maybe Double or Queen rooms for just a bit more space
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Ann S, Owner at Bowen Terrace Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Hi there,

Thank you for such a lovely review.....we also apologise for the noisy guests....sometimes this happens unfortunately.

Hope to see you another time.

Cheers for now
Ann

Reviewed 26 July 2017

When I lived in Brisbane I used to walk past this place and have a low opinion of it, I booked to stay there not really knowing where it was I was going to be. It turned out to be a lovely old Queenslander with huge rooms and super friendly staff, it was just what I needed after a disaster flight out of Canberra. The bed was old and creaky but I slept so well in it, the en-suite bathroom was great and the fact that this place is located so conveniently in the valley made it perfect.

I would recommend this as a cheap neat place to stay for the weekend, the staff were very friendly. Even to me as a prickly customer grumpy after a long flight delay and they were full of information for people who were new to the area. It really set the bar for the rest of my holiday as it hadn't started out that great, my mood was lifted not only by the sunshine but the ease and convenience of everything this place had to offer.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank saraneth
BowenTerrace, Owner at Bowen Terrace Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Hello Sara

A big thank you for the wonderful feedback given by you. So glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It really does make a big difference to our staff when I tell them about the comments we receive from guests since left.

Hope to see you another time.

Ann

Reviewed 30 June 2017

This accommodation is situated in New Farm which has lots of nice cafes and a few top restaurants but is also walkable distance from the bars and nightlife of Fortitude Valley.

They have a kitchen, a great outdoor area with a pool and the showers are spacious and everything is cleaned daily.

Ann the owner is extremely helpful and all the other guests I met here were lovely people who after five minutes of meeting invited me out for the evening. I have heard this place called a hostel for grown ups and I think that is probably correct because the mix of people can vary but they all seem to be mature minded.

I loved my time in Brisbane and it wouldn't have been the same without the warmth and friendliness of Bowen Terrace!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
BowenTerrace, Owner at Bowen Terrace Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

Good morning,
Wow....thank you so much for such a great review. We definitely try extremely hard to make sure our guests do feel most welcome and enjoy the calm atmosphere of our house. Just so glad you enjoyed our city. It is really beautiful in most parts. Take care on your travels and we hope to see you again another time.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

The staff were excellent. The room was clean and comfy. It is very well located in the New Farm area and very reasonably priced. Only issue was that there was no way to block out street noise. It sounded like the windows weren't even closed though they were. Would recommend for a one or two night stay.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
BowenTerrace, Manager at Bowen Terrace Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Hi Sian,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review. Much appreciated. We hope to see you another time.