1,362 results
All reviewsbotanic gardenswalnut restaurantwalnut roomacross the roadpark viewgreat locationthe riveralbert streetbuffet breakfastfree wifibit datedsouth bankwithin easy walking distanceroom was spaciousenjoyable stayqueen st mallshort stroll
Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

For years I have always wanted to stay at this hotel, primarily because of its perfect location opposite the beautiful Brisbane Botanical Gardens, right near the river and the riverfront restaurant strip. I expected it to be a little aged, as it is genuinely an older hotel, and it was so. The rooms were adequate for a one-night family stay: while the AC was fairly weak, the garden-view room was inspirational.

I would extend my compliments to the staff, who were uniformly excellent -- which is not always the case in 4* hotels in Australia. To a person, they made a big effort on courtesy and service, which was greatly appreciated.

Would definitely return for similar stays.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Greg D, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2016

Dear Dan T,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Royal on the Park. You’re certainly right in your description of our location. We enjoy a fabulous position opposite the botanic gardens and our Park View rooms offer some great views of this. All this whilst only being a short stroll away from Queen Street Mall and the South Bank Parklands. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service and your comments let us know we are doing a good job. Our rooms as spacious and well-appointed with minimal noise intrusion due to double glazing on the windows and well insulated doorways. We look forward to seeing you at Royal on the Park again soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2016

Like staying at your rich aunt's place, the Royal is comfortable, opulent but a little dated and worn.

Close to the Parlaimentary precinct and offering impeccable service, it's hard to go past if you need to stay near George Street.

Try the room service steak - you won't be disappointed unless you are a vegetarian.

Room Tip: Buy your room service drinks from the BWS one block towards the Mall.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business

Dear Weary Warrior,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Royal on the Park, which has been a part of Brisbane for the last 47 years. During this time the façade and décor of the hotel have been lovingly maintained and modern touches like complementary Wi-Fi and flat screen TVs have been integrated to ensure a comfortable stay. Our rooms as spacious and well-appointed with minimal noise intrusion due to double glazing on the windows and well insulated doorways. We enjoy a location that provides easy access to so many of the offerings Brisbane has to share.
We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Brisbane.

Reviewed 19 February 2016

I have visited this restaurant many times and have always had a great experience. The decor is classic, warmly old-fashioned, and high quality - lovely chairs and lights. The service is always extremely efficient and friendly.
And the food is great. I usually have steak here, however last night due to the chef's recommendation I had rack of lamb and it was delicious. My dining companions had the seafood tower which was full of local and speciality seafood, and they both loved their meal.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family

Dear myanmar2000,

Dear Guest,

The Walnut Restaurant has been Brisbane's best kept dining secret until recently. Nestled in the tranquil setting opposite the City Botanic Gardens on the corner of Alice and Albert Streets, our patrons are treated to traditional elegance that is reminiscent of old-world European charm and luxury.

We are glad that you enjoyed your recent dining experience and hope to welcome you back to the Royal on the Park Hotel very soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

Great hotel, very friendly staff my only issue was the housekeeping staff don't seem to be able to count. We had a family of 4 staying in one room, 2 adults and 2 kids. When I went to school 2 + 2 = 4 and I'm pretty sure it still does. When we first checked in we were given 2 sets towels. Ok everyone makes mistakes so I call housekeeping and explain there are 4 guests in the room. Five minutes later there was a knock on the door. It was housekeeping with two more towels. Fantastic! Great service.
Next day while we are out the room is cleaned and once again 2 towels. So I call house keeping and once again explain there are 4 guests in the room and per the previous day five minutes later there is a knock on the door, housekeeping with 2 towels.
Now I am thinking surely it has been noted there are 4 guests in the room.
I would understand if we were hanging the towels up as per the hotels water saving initiative but that was not the case.
So next day we go out and when we return to our nicely cleaned room we have 3 sets of towels! In the end I just shook my head and gave up.
I know it's one of those terrible first world problems however I paid for 4 guests so I would expect to receive services for all 4 guests.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family

Dear Lock63,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We certainly value the feedback you have provided and have implemented procedures to better service our guests. We hope to see you on your next visit to Brisbane.

Reviewed 17 February 2016

The central location and views over the Botanic Gardens towards the river are the main plus points for the Royal on the Park. It is within a couple of minutes walk of the center of Brisbane and also easy to drive to from the airport.

Although some reviewers have criticised the hotel for being dated the room we had was in very good condition and up to date in a business style. The room was spacious and light. The bed was large and very comfortable. In-room tea and coffee facilities were provided as was Wi-Fi a desk area and a sofa.

The bathroom was clean and supplied with a good array of toiletries and towels.

The views over Brisbane Botanic Gardens were lovely to wake up to.

Car parking is available on site and is charged for per day at preferential rates for residents.

We didn't make use of the outdoor pool but it looked well maintained.

Room Tip: Park view rooms are worth the extra few $
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Gary W,
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Royal on the Park. The Royal is 47 years old and the façade and décor of the Hotel have been lovingly maintained. Modern touches such as complimentary Wi-Fi have been added to ensure a comfortable stay. We enjoy a location that provides easy access to so many of the offerings Brisbane has to share and it’s great to read that you enjoyed your time with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.