Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Hotels.com
Expedia
Westin.com
All reviews swim up bar the club lounge eden restaurant the ground floor bar platinum member upgraded to a suite breakfast buffet egg station pool area separate toilet water temperature beautiful pool star hotel in room dining business traveler an excellent hotel floor to ceiling windows
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 February 2021

We are in our third day of hotel quarantine and the food seems to be going downhill. We had omelettes this morning that were inedible and for our last six meals we have received hot chips - yes even with our breakfast porridge. When we tried to get them to stop sending the chips our efforts were futile. I’m not sure why fresh heathy food is so difficult. The first salad we had was lovely- ideal for people who are incarcerated with no opportunity to exercise. The second meal was ok except no one knocked on the door when it was delivered so we had a cold meal. Since then it’s been just awful. We are paying $65 a day each and have no choice about what we eat except that the menu is tweaked to meet dietary requirements. Cleary no one is considering what is an appropriate diet for sedentary people. The help line that we can call for service is answered sometimes. Mostly it rings out and you have to call another couple of times to get an answer. Don’t think I’d bother coming back as a voluntary guest.

Date of stay: February 2021
2  Thank BarbaraSik
Westin Brisbane, Other at The Westin Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2021

Dear BarbaraSik,

Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback regarding your quarantine stay at the Westin Brisbane. We apologise for the unsatisfactory aspects you have encountered especially in regards to your meal requirements. I am aware that our Director of Food & Beverage has touched base with you and moving forward these issues should be rectified.

Also disappointing that you are finding it difficult to get through to our Guest Services Team and have addressed this with the team to ensure that calls are answered promptly.

Barbara, we hope the remainder of your stay is a pleasant one and we do thank you for your patience and understanding during these uncertain times.

Reviewed 29 January 2021 via mobile

I was not happy with my stay.

The room was very small and cramped. The view faced multiple apartment blocks and I could see into people’s bedrooms. Presumably they could see back into my room. Absolutely no view to speak of, I felt constrained.

These rooms are suitable for one or two night stays only. It is disgraceful, on the part of the hotel, to allow people to be locked in solitary confinement for two weeks in such small rooms with limited facilities. Just plain greedy.

The food was of a low standard. I ate better food on my arrival flight. If the food provided was relied on, I would have gone hungry. Some of my travel companions were served better quality food and more of it. The contrast was stark when we compared the food we each received. Some ate pizza while others ate steak. Some got bacon and fruit salad while others got muesli. Special treatment for some it seems.

While we all paid the same rates, some of my travel companions were given far better rooms. Suites with river views, kitchenettes, microwaves, and fridge/freezers. I am sure that their stays were far more comfortable and their diet could be enhanced with such facilities. Again, special treatment for some (ex-employee of Westin group).

The do not disturb signal was totally ignored during the entirety of my stay. I was woken up nearly every day (morning and afternoon) by staff knocking on my door. Why have a do not disturb signal if the staff ignore it?

The staff were inaccessible and did nothing to make my stay more comfortable. To my way of thinking, it takes more than new fittings to put a hotel into the 5 star category. The Westin Brisbane fell well short. Their attitude is demonstrated by their generic responses to TripAdvisor feedback.

Not recommend.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank SuperDavid7
Westin Brisbane, Other at The Westin Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2021

Dear SuperDavid7,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback following your recent quarantine stay and disappointed that we didn’t meet your expectations.

Our hotel has been contracted by Queensland Health to assist with accommodating returning travellers to Australia. We completely empathise that being confined to a hotel room with limited space for that length of time is extremely difficult however, these are the guidelines put in place by the Queensland Government and Queensland Health to ensure everyone’s safety and unfortunately, this is out of our control. A room change request can be submitted but any decision regarding the outcome is made directly from the department of Queensland Health.

We do our utmost to accommodate all dietary and special food requirements during our guests stay and we would hope that if there are any issues that these be brought to our attention so that we can rectify this.

We also note that you felt our staff were not helpful to your requests or needs and this will certainly be addressed with the team to ensure improvements follow.

These are very difficult and unusual times and as such the hotel is not operating as a full service hotel and are limited with the service and facilities that we can provide to our guests. We again apologise for the frustration and inconvenience caused and we thank you for your patience and understanding.

Reviewed 16 December 2020

Best spa experience in Brisbane! Rooms were on the small side but luxurious. Convenient walk to eagle Street pier for dinner and the hotel is central enough to do some CBD shopping. The on site casual lounge and dining area serves snacks late into the evening with comfortable seating and great atmosphere

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 27 October 2020 via mobile

Dear management,

I’m staying here with my 3yrs old daughter. The room is great spacious but not as clean as I was expected (hair in the shower drain).

They removed all the brochures so when I had an issue I couldn’t use the phone in the room (guess what to call reception you have to press “9” not the “reception” button).

The food was the biggest issue as we have special dietary needs. On the first day we only got one meal to share. After I called them we got 3 meals to replace the ones what we haven’t got so the government invoice would be right at the end. Then they started to send food what did not match with our dietary needs so had to call them a few more times. The meals were okay (couple of bad ones) until now. Today the breakfast was so bad it made me write this review. Got some warmish hash browns ,pastries and apple juice. That’s what wasn’t good but at least eatable. We got few days old dry bread and RAW avocado pancakes. When I called them I was told the avocado pancake’s texture is different. What?! I’ll attach pictures of their pancakes to show what I’m talking about. When I picked it up it just run out of my hand. So gross.

No cleaning as we can’t leave the room and my 3yrs old in not the tidiest eater (I guess I’m not alone) so we stepping on crumbs. We got clean towels and beddings what was a nice surprise.

No opening windows or balcony so no fresh air. The aircon makes me sick. The “fresh air/wellness time” is on a shared deck with other people who are in quarantine. They don’t test at arrival so if you want to get sick feel free to go to the deck for some fresh air.

And the saddest of all this the fact that I have 9 days left in this hell.

I hope that my review helps you to improve for people in quarantine.

Andras & Emira
Room 1515

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Westin Brisbane, Other at The Westin Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2020

Dear flapface,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback during your quarantine stay and disappointed to hear of the unsatisfactory aspects that you have encountered especially in relation to your meals. I am aware that our Director of Food & Beverage has spoken to you directly to further discuss your dietary requirements and to ensure they are met for the remainder of your stay.

We again apologise for the frustration and inconvenience caused and we thank you for your patience and understanding during these difficult and unusual times.

Reviewed 1 October 2020

I stayed for goverment mandated quaratine from September 14 - 28, 2020. The food was of a much higher standard than I had been led to expect in quarantine, the room was spacious and comfortable. The bed was more comfortable than mine at home and the wifi fast and efficient.
The room was relatively clean but it had not received a Covd deep clean. This was obvious when I stood at the floor to ceiling window and saw a previous guests item jst sitting there in plain view between the the couch and window. That is never ok whether it is quarantine and deep clean expected of a regular stay.

Room tip: Ask for river views otherwise you are looking into peoples apartments or concrete walls
Date of stay: September 2020
Westin Brisbane, Other at The Westin Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2020

Dear DeaStrega,

Thanks for your feedback following your recent quarantine stay at the Westin Brisbane. We sincerely apologise that the room did not meet your expectations in relation to the cleanliness and this has been addressed with the Executive Housekeeper to ensure we maintain our high standard of cleanliness, especially during these uncertain times.

On a brighter note, I'm pleased your found the room comfortable and spacious and the wifi met your needs during this isolation period.

Once again, we appreciate your feedback and appreciate your patience and understanding during these difficult times.