All reviews eat street cruise terminal small supermarket easy drive to the airport movie cinema we booked a bedroom apartment the river wonderful apartment hotel is beautiful great location short drive fully self contained kingsford smith drive apartment hotel stayed here for nights spacious bathroom sleep quality
Reviewed 5 August 2018

Agreat place to stay, well located at an excellent price. Very clean with friendly happy staff, close to good restaurants and services, had a great night and look forward to our next stay. Would highly recommend

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JaredR621, Director of Sales at Alcyone Hotel Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Good afternoon darrellmckiernan,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We couldn't agree more, we offer great service, great location for dining in the Portside Wharf precinct and excellent value.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Brooke Michielin

Reviewed 5 August 2018

I wasn't going to post a review but since they would love me to share my experience, I will share. I regularly have weekends away with family and friends to celebrate special occasions or to catch up. This is my third stay in the last eight months at Alycone Hotel Residences and I was impressed each time with the service and the rooms. So much so that I have booked for other people even gifting a night away to my sister and brother-in- law to celebrate a birthday.
This time however, I'm have been left less than impressed - quite underwhelmed. We booked a 2 bedroom apartment for a girl's night out to celebrate my sister's 50th birthday. Despite talking to them on the phone a couple of times and emailing there was no acknowledgement it was a special occasion and we given an apartment on a low floor with an ordinary view. It was interesting that the 2 bedroom apartment is actually not much bigger than a 1 bedroom with the living space almost cannibalized to get the second bedroom. The second bedroom with 2 separate beds is so small that one of the beds is actually almost up against the cupboard. I much prefer the space of the 1 bedroom.
It was extremely clean and everything about Alycone is well put together in terms of linen and crockery as well as furniture. I would have been content to just say, ah well it was a little small but pleasant enough for a night away except for a mistake that was made with the payment. They made an error when processing the pre-authorization to collect the payment on the room so decided to take a second authorization against the card. I'm aware that it is the bank that must release funds but it was Alycone Hotel Residences that decided to process a second authorization without notifying me. When I contacted them because the funds were being held in my account basically I was the one that had to prove to them there was a problem as they had balanced the account. After a heated exchange, all my fault I'm sure, I did get an email showing they had sent release form through to the bank. All they had to do in the first place is contact me via email explain what had happened and show they had sent through the form to bank so the bank would release funds quicker. It was a disappointing end to what was meant to be a super night out for my sister. If they are meant to be the number one hotel than they need to get the little things right as well. Yes it was a small sum of money - so no big deal.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank BrisbaneSmiley

Good afternoon BrisbaneSmiley,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for returning once again.

Our 2 bedroom apartments are 67m2 and our 1 bedroom apartments are 54m2 offering an additional bathroom and bedroom but generally the same living space.

We do pride ourselves on the cleanliness of the apartments, our housekeeping team do an exceptional job.

We apologise for the error with the pre auth done on your card however I believe this error has now been rectified.

We do hope you all still enjoyed the celebrations for your sister and will return to stay with us again sometime.

Brooke Michielin

Reviewed 2 August 2018

Bed was very comfortable, the kitchen and living area make for a nice change from the typical hotel room. Free WiFi and Netflix are always appreciated. Staff were friendly, and the hotel is well placed with plenty to eat nearby or groceries to make your own meals.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jared R, Operations Manager at Alcyone Hotel Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear Robertforsterlee,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Alcyone Hotel Residences and for taking the time to leave us a review.

It is great to read you found Alcyone to be a great place to stay with very comfortable beds and friendly staff. Isn't it great having the options to eat out at the abundance of restaurants at our doorstep or cook with the in-room facilities? (it is worth noting for other readers that IGA is open 6am-10pm 7 days a week just downstairs)

Kind Regards.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

Rooms were very spacious and luxurious with everything supplied.
Beds were super comfy; beautiful linen.
Large balcony to enjoy morning coffee in the winter's sun.
Spacious bathroom with very large shower.
Location was in Portside - close to cafes, restaurants, clothes shops and supermarket.
I have been travelling for almost a month, and this was by far the best place I've stayed and good value for money. Only 10 mins from airport.
Everything was fitted out with quality fittings and furnishings. Will definitely be staying here when next in Brisbane.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear VicR2,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Alcyone Hotel Residences and for taking the time to leave us such a kind and detailed review.

I am so pleased to read that after almost a month of travelling you felt Alcyone was the best place you have stayed and great value for money! We are certainly so excited to receive such feedback & has reflected on the hotel being ranked number 1 on TripAdvisor for quite some time now.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

We loved Alcyone. Staff are very helpful and check in / check out was a breeze. The apartment is extremely well appointed and exceeded our expectations. Located next to a good range of restaurants and the river. Bed was large and very comfy.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear NZBritz,

Thank you choosing to stay with Alcyone Hotel Residences. It is so great to read that you loved Alcyone with your wonderful apartment!

The team pride themselves on our amazing customer service to ensure our guests like yourself are left with nothing short of a great stay. It sounds like you made great use of our location with an abundance of restaurants at our door step to choose from.

Lastly, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Brisbane.