“Should be better”

Italian Street Kitchen
Ranked #931 of 4,934 Restaurants in Brisbane
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Four adults came here and we were expecting good - but I'm afraid it doesn't deliver. You have to go up and order and pay as you go - there is no booking it to the table. My wife was happy with her pizza but my marinara was average at best. The alcohol was reasonably priced and so were the meals. The whole experience should have been better. Dissapointed.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The overall experience at this restaurant is what you would expect in Italy. Lots of laughter and good authentic Italian food. The pizzas are really good and not very expensive and the deserts to die for! Cold flat and sparking water on tap and free. We have been there a couple of times and patrons all seemed to be enjoying themselves. Staff are friendly and very helpful. Will go agin soon!

Reviewed 21 April 2018

The menu draws you in and sounds incredible. It promises big flavours, extravagant ingredients and an all around unique experience. However, the food is... average. Average ingredients, average presentation and, for me at least, a below average experience. It wasn't the worst meal I've ever had, but it definitely wasn't even close to the best. ISK, you need to up. your. game. Especially considering the competition you have in Newstead.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

The pizzas are average, not very exciting. The bruschetta is sliced tomato on toast!
I ordered two Campari and soda in long glasses. The long glasses confused the order taker. She asked if I wanted orange. Really, in an Italian restaurant. Then we were told they had Campari but no soda. OK, let's have G&T. Sorry, we have the tonic but no gin. The we were asked if we could move our table as management wanted to fit another table in. Sorry, the answer was no.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

I had the chicken kebabs which were dry and the bruschetta is thickly sliced tomato on toast. I would go back for pizza but yet to have something else nice off the menu.