All reviews the executive lounge valet service mitchell street central location king room excellent location northern territory an upgrade pool area is bars and restaurants top end harbour view the air conditioning wet season concierge gym australia
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We had a very pleasant stay at Hilton Darwin. Our room was lovely with a comfortable king bed, desk & chair, worthwhile booking the room with the harbour view and I was pleasantly surprised by the bathroom as we didn't have a shower over bath like you normally find in Hilton hotels. We had access to the Executive Lounge which provided canapes and drinks in the evening and breakfast in the morning. James on the front desk was very helpful and we had a very relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Access to the Executive Lounge is worthwhile.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank michelleRZ2018
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

Booked in via my company 3 weeks in advance. On the day of arrival for business 15 minutes before I arrived they informed me that they had to bump me and my colleague due to them over booking. Several other colleagues were also staying however they arranged for us to go another very average hotel. No compensation or explanation. I have been a loyal stayer at Hilton before but wil never ever stay a such a poorly run hotel chain. This hotel has absolutely worst customer service. In the end after being delay with the run around we ended up missing our corporate dinner with other coworkers
Get you act together Hilton I will not stay again

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank 4thecustomer
Reviewed 16 October 2018

Specifically want to rate the service in the Exec Lounge from Meg as simply excellent. She is a lovely lady who greets each guest warmly, remembers your name and what you like, and makes the extra effort to ensure your visit to the lounge is the best it can be. Meg is extremely valuable to and adds so much to the experience at the Hilton Darwin.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank RockyBrisbane
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Generic and average on all counts but clean, good cable TV, the usual tea/coffee and plush towels. The quality of the fit out was good both in the room and in the common areas, of sufficiently high quality I would have been happy to show my friends the room if asked. I was particularly happy with the lack of a mini bar which made a family visit that little bit more stress free.

Breakfast was $29/person and finished at 10am which I felt was a little early. The selection was good although the quantity of food wasn't replenished regularly. On the other hand check out was 12noon and I thought that was generous.

Concierge was polite and helpful with taxis, day trips, directions and tourist hot spots. Overall I would recommend the hotel, just don't expect all the bells and whistles.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank MsTracy1979
Reviewed 10 October 2018

It was my first visit to Darwin. Walked into the hotel struggling with the heat, I waiting to check in. One of the staff member came and offered me a glass of ice tea. They had an ice tea dispenser on the counter, which anyone could walk up to drink but he came around offering to everyone in the queue. Little things like this that matters.
I stayed at King room with harbour view. The room was bigger than the standard hotel room, but no balcony. Still, it was a good view of the harbour.

Late check out until 1pm for free but $20 every hour after that. I thought that was very reasonable.

The only negative was that the aircon wasn't working properly. There was a temperature control in the room but no matter what you set it to, the room was warm. Definitely not what you want in Darwin. I hate being cold so I usually don't even turn on the aircon at hotels. So there was something wrong with the aircon. After reading a few other reviews with similar issue, I would say the aircon system in the building might not be good enough to handle all the rooms.

Apart from the aircon, everything else was great.

Room Tip: Harbour view, high floor. Maybe check the aircon as soon as you walk in the room.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple