All reviews chinese restaurant free shuttle hotel is clean large shower bedroom suite yogurt few minutes walk late checkout comfy bed air conditioner business trip buffet breakfast top end suitcases
Reviewed 6 October 2018

On first impression all seemed good. Halls clean, rooms and bathroom spacious and clean. THEN, I woke up at 3 am for my early flight and German roaches everywhere running around. The hotel MUST have them all over and just be spraying you do not eliminate them, you just push them from A to B. The whole place should be tented and fumigated. Not surprisingly there is a Chinese restaurant on ground floor and why do roaches and Chinese restaurants so often seem inseparable? If you can stand bugs all over then yes, the Novotel is an option.

Room Tip: avoid this Hotel
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
K_Staraj, General Manager at Novotel Darwin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Hi MikeL37,

Thank you for your feedback and many apologies for the issue you faced on this stay.

I do appreciate you advising us of this problem as we do not often get complaints about bugs- it is handy to be able to pass this on to our fumagation contractor.

Thanks again

Kayte Staraj

Reviewed 30 September 2018

I had an early morning flight and requested x2 wake up calls, 15 minutes apart. They never happened.

This is the 2nd time this has occurred.

Fortunately I woke before the requested time and was up and at 'em and down at reception in time to make my flight.

When I spoke to the reception staff about my concern the young woman didn't even acknowledge that I had been speaking to her. As this is a hotel/motel used predominantly by FIFO's who are anxious to get home, not getting a wakeup call could lead to missed flights and cranky customers.

Get it together NOVOTEL!!! I certainly will not be using this facility again and I will ensure my company is aware of this issue and we put at least 40 per month through this hotel/motel.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear Kym,

I hope you are well today and thank you so much for your valuable feedback.

Many apologies that there was an issue with your wake up call. I have investigated and can see in our system that the call was put through therefore I can only assume that the phone in your room was turned down and hence the reason you were not alerted.

I can understand this was frustrating to you and am surprised that William who checked you out was not more understanding; usually his exuberance for guest service is at a very high level.

Once again I am so sorry Kym.

Kindest regards

Kayte Staraj

Reviewed 18 September 2018

We stayed here having landed from Melbourne at 12:30am and wanting a night's sleep before heading into a city hotel.

I would call this a very functional hotel. It's clean, the staff are excellent and it's convenient. Unfortunately the coffee bar downstairs was closed at 10am when we would have enjoyed a coffee while checking out but apart from that it was fine.

Good for an overnight between travels.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear kgreenwood,

Thank you for your lovely feedback in regards to your recent stay with us.
What a pleasure to read you have had a good time with us and got to catch up on some sleep even when arriving so late.
I am sorry to hear that the cafe was closed at 10 am. the cafe was very well received during dry season and we are looking at making it even better for next year, so your feedback is very valued. Next time you stay with us, please feel free to grab a coffee at Mercure across the road as this is our sister property.

Kim Stredder
Operations Manager

Reviewed 18 September 2018

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Checked in last night for the night. 5minute or less walking distance from airport, check in easy and comfortable bed, staff was lovely and topped it off with a nice coffee from coffee stand in reception and seating area to get work done prior to check out.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
K_Staraj, General Manager at Novotel Darwin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear laviniamaka,

thank you so much for your great feedback in regards to your recent stay with us.
Its a pleasure to read you have enjoyed your time with us and our service offerings met your expectations. I have to agree with you the coffee cart in the morning gets the day started well.

Thank you again and we do hope to welcome you back in the future
All the best