Hotels.com
Expedia
ZenHotels.com
All reviews dune house southern ocean lodge plunge pool uninterrupted view of uluru other guests french champagne knowledgeable guides private dinner kata tjuta helicopter trip day bed once in a lifetime an unforgettable experience bucket list worth every cent mini bar magical place
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 April 2021

My son had to cancel about 3 weeks before we were due to travel. I called the resort (as I had heard that there was a waitlist) and asked them if they were able to resell my room. I was told that they would try and someone would get back to me. No one called me back. A week later I contacted them and asked if they had managed to find someone and I was told it was impossible at this late stage (2 weeks to go). 2 days before we were due to leave I found a couple who were willing to take the booking. I was told that this was not possible as they were only expecting 1 person and could not accomodate 2 people at this late stage.
My friends daughter was staying on a rollaway in their room. She offered to take the spare tent but the hotel refused to allow her to cancel the rollaway.
Whilst I acknowledge that I was trying to cancel during the non refundable period, I feel that the hotel did nothing to assist me with my unforeseen problem.
As an aside, my friend who travelled with us asked for an Anzac Day tribute. She was told they would call her back. No one contacted her regarding this again.
It appears that the hotel doesn't return your calls or answer your queries unless it is to get your credit card details!

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 410tessar
Baillie Lodges, Owner at Longitude 131°, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2021

Dear Tessa

We're pleased to have opportunity to respond to your comments. We note that your reservation was initially booked direct and then handed over to a travel agent to manage but that we continued to liaise with both parties right up to the eve of travel. We appreciate your acknowledgement that your plans changed within the non-refundable period. However, that we were not willing to assist with attempts to resell or reassign the suite to other guests in your party is inaccurate and the complex train of events is reflected in the extensive email correspondence held on file.

Regarding the mention of an Anzac Day tribute, we find this claim extremely perplexing as our team recall multiple conversations with you and your agent regarding arrangements. Furthermore, the dawn service was offered but as it meant forgoing the morning tour to attend, it was not taken up. Upon sensing disappointment at this, our guide managed to make up some time during the tour, enabling a stop at the memorial so guests could pay their respects on the way back to the lodge.

We pride ourselves on delivering an exceptional guest experience and always aim to please, but despite our best efforts there seems little more we could have done with regards to redeeming the stay in your view.

Regards
Longitude 131 Management

Reviewed 15 April 2021 via mobile

We have just finished a four night stay at Longitude 131. It was superb. Fabulous location, terrific activities, lovely accommodation, great food and wine but, most of all, wonderful welcoming staff. I cannot speak highly enough about Longitude 131. Just go!

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank JandJAdelaide
Baillie Lodges, Marketing at Longitude 131°, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2021

Dear JandJAdelaide,

Thank you for your glowing endorsement of Longitude 131 concluding with the suggestion to hop to it! Creating an experience that is completely seamless and unforgettable in every way is exactly what we strive for and we couldn't do it without our dedicated team who go above and beyond.

Combined with your experience in Alice Springs, it sounds like you had a wonderful time in the Red Centre. We hope to see you again sometime!

Palya,
Team Longitude 131

Reviewed 15 March 2021 via mobile

Don't waste time reading reviews, just book.
The location, the views, the staff, the food, the activities all perfect.
Stay 4 nights and enjoy the last day relaxing.
We completed our stay with a Helicopter flight..recommended.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank lyndell14
Baillie Lodges, Marketing at Longitude 131°, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2021

Dear Lyndell,

Thank you for such an amazing review. The title really says it all; we're so thrilled you enjoyed every single part of your stay and also that you note the importance of having a day to relax and enjoy the lodge. And what a way to exit - total rock star!

Palya,

Reviewed 16 February 2021 via mobile

Big thank you to the whole team at L131. Absolutely zero to fault and everything to praise. Had the best time. The food, drink, transfers, tours, housekeeping, all sensational. Couldn’t be happier. Thank you

Date of stay: February 2021
1  Thank StevoDevo45
Baillie Lodges, Marketing at Longitude 131°, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2021

Dear Steve,

Thank you for your kind words! We’re thrilled to hear your stay at Longitude 131 was flawless and met every expectation.

Welcome to the Baillie Lodges family - we hope to see you again at one of our lodges in the near future.

Reviewed 25 January 2021 via mobile

I took the man here for a Birthday surprise and we were both completely knocked out by the team, the food, the accommodation, the ambiance and of course Uluru itself. Outstanding on every level with immaculate attention to detail. We were made to feel incredibly welcome and nothing was to much effort. Shout outs to Tom, Dennis, Richard, Monique, Brogan, Richard, Terrance, Tianne, Theadora, Chris (hopefully I got everybody and correct names). This is world class in our own country; do it and be amazed! All the tours and planning around them are first rate. We were in Tent 14 (Tuit), and we looked directly on to Uluru and it’s amazing nature show. You don’t need movies or TV. The entertainment is right in front and of you. Many, many thanks to each and all. Allan and Derick

Date of stay: January 2021
3  Thank Allder
Baillie Lodges, Marketing at Longitude 131°, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2021

Palya Allan,

What an amazing birthday gift - we’re thrilled to hear it was a welcome surprise for both of you. Thankfully you don't have to travel far from home to see some incredible places and we pride ourselves on setting the benchmark for luxury in our own backyard. From the tents and those end-of-the-bed views, to the cuisine and signature touring, everything is carefully choreographed and delivered seamlessly by our wonderful team - they will appreciate the shout-outs, thank you!

It was great to welcome you to the Red Centre - it will be hard to top that as a birthday present. Perhaps we will see you at one of our sister lodges for your own birthday!

Best regards,