1,813 results
All reviews double tree resident peacock hanuman restaurant deck bar golf course asian restaurant mountain view pool area room service a bit tired business trip comfortable hotel guest laundry mcdonnell ranges buffet breakfast staff were helpful town centre
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed there one night while in the NT. Rooms are comfortable although the beds were a bit soft and didn’t really fit 2 people. The swimming pool is big enough. Internet access is quite quick as well.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Todd G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2018

Dear Ludo-Owen,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your experience.

We certainly appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back on a future occasion.

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Having family history with the Hilton group going back over half a century meant we looked forward to staying at the Alice Springs hotel.
Sadly, our stay was blighted by poorly trained staff. My first beer was cloudy, but I was told it was fine to drink. It wasn’t as I was violently sick in the middle of the night, following a period of stomach ache. Not good preparation for an 0600 start the next day. My wife’s cocktail took thirty minutes to arrive and was totally potent. She had to be escorted back to our room halfway through the meal.
My daughter’s steak was cold in the middle and our Scottish friend’s meal was inedible, so they weren’t charged.
The night duty manager was more concerned with getting off shift on time, but his replacement promised to get back to me by email, once I had listed the numerous aspects of our complaint. Three days have now lapsed with no message received.
We were offered free breakfasts, but had very little time to more than snatch a piece of toast and an egg before our coach, which they’d sent onto another hotel, to allow us extra time, was ready to leave.
Hugely disappointing and I won’t be going to another Hilton as a result.
Alan Scarisbrick

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank AlScarisbrick

Dear AIScarisbrick,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Alice Springs.

I was disappointed to read your review, please accept my apologies for missing the mark on your stay, it is certainly unusual and not the level of service we are accustomed to providing. I have duly passed on your feedback to my team for review and action, however i will note that the beverages you consumed were made to exact recipe for the chosen cocktail and the beer cloudiness is a trait of the beer style.

Reviewed 25 October 2018

Somewhat limited In Training staff at check in on our arrival and a LONG wait till it was ready.. Comfortable beds, and JUST adequate air conditioning which meant for a difficult sleep as it was noisy! (278).
Slightly dated decor but friendly polite staff.. Excellent Thai restaurant. Excellent help from male desk man handing map and local bus schedule.
Very naughty bar man added 100 Aud tip to my wife's last drink but it was spotted by Reception when checking out!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear R N,

I appreciate your comments and have passed onto the team for review, in reference to the added tip, apologies that was simply human error by our team when closing the check in the bar. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back on a future occasion

Reviewed 22 October 2018

We stayed for 2 nights. We had a lot of luggage and asked at check in if they had a trolley for us to get it to our room. No trolley and no offer to help (I am 74 and my wife is 68). We found a trolley ourselves (saw a lady bringing one back) and loaded our luggage. We then had to look for elevators which in my experience are usually in the lobby. Not here! So back to front desk to ask them.

Our room was OK but a bit tired and the desklight did not work because it was not plugged in and there was no socket to plug it into. There was a foodie supplement about restaurants in our room but they were all in Darwin (not much use in Alice Springs). No hotel service book containing information about local sights, facilities, doctors, dentists, etc. Amazing.

There is a hop on hop off bus stop right outside the hotel but nobody at reception had any clue about route, frequency, etc. We were there on a Sunday when there was a street market in town but nobody saw fit to mention it. The staff were pleasant enough but we had to drag every bit of information out of them. It was like pulling teeth.

We decided that as they so obviously did not care about us we would not have any meals in the hotel and this proved a good decision. We walked up to the cafe in Botanical Gardens for breakfast both days (very good and cooked to order) and to Lassaters Casino down the road for dinner both days (unpretentious but also good).

We happened to see the duty manager in reception one day and mentioned our issues to him. He was apologetic and gave us a free drink coupon, which we used in the bar but it's really not good enough.

Also there is loads of land but the car park is small and fills up completely at night.

We often stay at Hilton Doubletree hotels as they are usually good mid-market but this was the worst we have seen.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank WMBD
Todd G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

Dear WMBD,

I was disappointed to read your review, your comments regarding our team are certainly not representative of the hard work my team put in each and every day and certainly not reflective of many hundreds of positive comments received by other guests

Your comments regarding our in-room collateral are duly noted, as a eco friendly hotel all of our room information is available from the TV system.

Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

We arrived at 2.20pm. Our 2 ground floor rooms were not quite ready and would be ready at 3.00pm. We accepted this and waited patiently for the text that never came. At about 3.30pm we went back to see why we hadn't received the text and was told the rooms were nearly ready. So we waited. And waited and waited. Still no room - apparently the flat iron that pressed the sheets had broken. So we waited and waited and waited. Patiently mind you but eventually we could wait no longer. We went back to check in and still the rooms were not ready - by this time it was 5.30pm. We complained as many tour groups had arrived before us and were quickly ushered to their rooms but we were left waiting. They then gave us rooms on the second floor and not together - quite some distance apart. The rooms are old and tatty. The fridge is so small. The bathroom is reasonable. We would never stay at a Hilton ever again and suggest you look at some of the other better quality places in Alice Springs before you stay here. Not cheap either.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank review53

Dear review53,

I was disappointed to read your review, please accept my apologies for your arrival experience and delay to access your rooms. Our team was working very hard behind the scenes after a major laundry breakdown, we have high standards to uphold and will not cut corners when preparing our guest rooms. The equipment breakdown was however a very rare occurrence and shouldn'd deter you from staying at a Hilton property - we certainly are upset that you feel this way and apologise once again.