“Good ballooning teip”

and up
Early Morning Ballooning in Alice Springs
Ranked #13 of 36 Tours in Alice Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: OUTBACK BALLOONING ALICE SPRINGS: Whilst floating gently in the air you will appreciate the vast remoteness and scenery of the Australian outback. Wildlife, such as big red kangaroos are seen nearly every day as your balloon crosses spinifex grasses, mulga scrub and cattle stations. The tour includes return transfer from your accommodation in Alice Springs, sparkling wine and light refreshments plus a flight certificate. 30 Or 60 minute balloon flights available. Daily departures.
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

I booked the one hour flight but unfortunately they could not get the number and I was sorely disappointed with the 30 minutes flight. From the comments I read, this was not isolated and perhaps this company should not offer the 60 minutes if they cannot get the customers.

In saying that though, the 30 minutes was quite adequate in getting a feel for ballooning and the landscape. Not sure what the extra 30 minutes may add, but I was quite satisfied with the 30 minutes. The guides and pilot were friendly and helpful and had a cheery disposition required for this line of work.

I'd recommend the 30 minutes. As I said, better to go 30 than to risk 60 which may add nothing and disappoint when not enough people join.

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our dawn hot air baloon ride this morning
The whole set up from pick up to drop off was professional and friendly
The actual ride was great fun and a very gentle way to fly, even the landing was reasonably smooth
Be prepared to get a bit dusty if you decide, like all our trip did, to help pack up the baloon.
Thanks to Jerry and Marco (ground crew) and our pilot Duncan
I would thoroughly recommend this ecperience

Reviewed 25 August 2017

If you can only do one thing in Alice Springs, this is it. This was THE highlight of our Red Centre adventure. Float above the vast plains as you watch the sun rise. Kangaroos hop beneath you as you glide over the scrub. Finish off by helping to pack the balloon (if you want to), then sip a glass of bubbles as you learn the history and traditions of ballooning.

1  Thank Peter K
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

I booked 2 tix for a dawn balloon flight with Outback Ballooning, at least I thought I did. The booking was actually taken by a booking agent,Travel Freedom. During the booking process at no time was I aware of any specific terms and conditions on the web site. I had to cancel a few days after making the booking and that was when I found out there was a 50 (yes FIFTY)% cancellation fee. When I emailed Outback Ballooning, they actually thought I had booked thru an agent called Peterpans. I have never heard of them. The answer I got from Travel Freedom was that the terms and conditions, including the 50 (yes FIFTY)% cancellation fee were on the flight vouchers I received from them. I received these vouchers after I had paid my money and thought we had done a deal. The agent at Travel Freedom was very kindly offering to help me complete a Travel Insurance or credit card claim to get back my $370. Might this be a reason why Travel Insurance costs and credit card fees are so high? Outback Ballooning informed me that I could have booked direct with them and paid on the day of the flight. Where was this offer on their web site?Why then send me off to a booking agent (whom they did not know) who has potential to be injurious to their business.

outbackalice, General Manager at Outback Ballooning, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Wally H is perhaps trying to be helpful about some third party booking agents but his method is totally inappropriate and for such a supposedly experienced traveller shows a distinct lack of understanding about the modern travel industry.
Travel bookings as Wally H should know are now offered by many web based sites which may or may not be reselling products offered by more traditional agents. A prudent traveller who chooses not to book direct with an operator should read the terms and conditions of any agent and these are, in our experience, always available before paying. Despite his comments, Wally H in fact had to accept the terms and conditions before the website would accept his payment. Even when booking direct one should check the terms and conditions, maybe even compare for any differences between the operator and the agent as this is regularly the case. For example, with airlines and hotels where specials with different cancellation policies may be found that are not available by booking direct with the operator.
We are disappointed that Wally H chose our Trip Advisor site to complain about a third party booking process that he did not properly investigate and of course has not experienced a balloon flight with us so cannot review the actual product. It is even more disappointing as he notes that he will not be out of pocket as Travel Freedom has offered to help him complete a travel insurance or credit card claim.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Highly recommend this lovely trip out of Alice Springs. Safe and professionally run, this experience is amazing with lovely views over the dessert and cattle farms. Pilot very experienced and the ride was smooth and we felt safe at all times. Kids loved.