Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments
US$240
US$229
Langham Official
  • Pool
Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$145
  • Breakfast included
Meriton Suites Campbell Street, Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$368
  • Pool
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$137
ADGE Apartment Hotel(Sydney)
  • Restaurant
Veriu Broadway(Sydney)(Great Value!)
2,925 results
All reviewsdarling harbourcovered walkwaylight railwool storeone bedroom apartmentwashing machineself containedapartment was cleanstar casinofull kitchenserviced dailylaundry facilitiespublic transportfantastic locationcentral stationgoldsboroughconvention
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A three night stay from 27th to 29th of May in apartment 1331. The pros - good view over towards cockle bay, covered walkway that gets you in close to the Sofitel and Convention centre, express lift available for the penthouse floor and a comfy bed. The cons - slow running drain in the main bathroom so a shower at about 30% pressure or it backed up full of drain grime, top floor toilet didn't have toilet paper or hand towels for the entire three day stay, front door did not automatically close so we made sure to pull it closed to lock on exit, a pity the housekeeping staff didn't do the same - came back to an unlocked and ajar door!!! Stained carpets and grubby walls and tidy bags not in bins until day 2, two blown light in the main family area left it well down on lighting. Saturday night was $645 and this room and service needed to be much better. Here's the kicker, when checking out and detailing the problems there was not a single note written down or any check that they had all the issues covered. Pity the next traveler to get this over priced room!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
FOM G, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

It is disappointing to hear we were unable to meet all your expectations during your recent stay.
Upon communicating your feedback to the correct departments I was made aware a staff member had already generated an email to inform management of your concerns. I would like to reassure you the staff member whom verbally received your concerns had gone to all necessary measures to ensure swift corrective action would be taken for their rectification.
Our rates do vary day to day, the rates are pre set by our highly valued revenue manager. There are a number of contributing factors that impact daily rates, weekend demand being one of these factors.
We hope you provide us with an opportunity to regain your faith soon Rob.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I arrived at the hotel a little after 4 pm on thursday, excited for my concert in the city, and on check in, was told that my mother needed to send a copy of her id and card, as well as a form that they had to send to her, before I could check in. After countless emails sent to my mother, including the form they requested as well as her ID being sent i believe 3 times, and over an hour in the lobby with fresh food, and a impending event to get to, i finally got to my room, which was ok, if you like the bedroom looking out into the hallway, amd a outdoor window looking into a car park building. I found that i didn't feel comfortable in the room at all, but persevered any way. I went out and arrived back to the room with no problems. The night I stayed, i had put my dress for the next day in the dryer as it was damp from my mothers house. After sleeping in, unsure if i was gifted late check out after all the stress i endured the day before, in the rush i did not grab my dress oit of the dryer. I checked out and got to the next stop on my journey, to discover the dress was left in the dryer in my room, after almost 45 minutes trying to reach reception, I asked if my dress had been taken to lost property, so i could collect it before my event on Friday evening. I was told that a preliminary check of my room did not find the dress, and i was told they would check with the housekeeping manager, and called back friday night. No one rang, so i chased it up after a very late night, and was told nothing was found, and was I sure i didnt pack it. After tearing my suitcase apart whilst on the phone, it was adamant that i didnt have the dress. I gave a description and was told they would look into it. Now this dress wasnt very cheap, and I am very upset that either someone on housekeeping staff, or another person who doesn't work for the hotel, as taken my dress. With the chain being linked to a travel club, after the ordeal i was put through on Thursday and now as i wait to find out if my dress is found, my family will be reporting it to the travel club as well.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
FOM G, Front Office Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. I do apologise about the difficulties you experienced during check in. As a standard procedure of check in we do require a valid photo identification and a Credit Card to pre-authorise $75 for security purposes that matches the booking. It was understood that since a third party was paying for the accommodation we requested written documentation from them authorising the charge which did delay the check in process. However, please rest assured after your conversation with management the issues have been strongly addressed and discussed with the entire team. It is not a pleasant experience to receive unfavourable feedback; however, your comments serve as an invaluable source of information that will ensure we continue to improve our operation and service standards. I hope that in the future you will give Oaks Hotels & Resorts the opportunity to show you that we can provide an efficient and enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

In early April this year I flew to Sydney just to see a great music concert at the International Convention Centre at Darling Harbour. Found the beautiful old heritage listed but thoughtfully renovated Oaks Goldsborough Apartments. What a great find! Apartment had wonderful views, clean and well appointed PLUS an above road walkway to take you directly to the Darling Harbour precinct where we went prior to the concert for a great meal overlooking wonderful Sydney Harbour and the lights of the city. Great place to stay and so convenient at a more than reasonable price! Easy bus and light rail access. 5 stars!

Room Tip: All rooms higher than the 4th floor seem to be pretty noise free.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marybeth S

Thank you for your fabulous review Marybeth.
I am delighted to hear we were able to exceed your expectations during your recent stay.
We are very proud of our buildings historic background as it provides us with a unique experience unmatched in the serviced apartments sector. I will pass your positive comments onto our staff as they will be delighted to hear such fantastic feedback.
We strive to provide a positive lasting impression for all our guests, I am pleased to hear this occurred during your stay.
We hope to welcome you again soon Marybeth.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed 1 night for VIVID in Room 333, The room felt so tight and very small space! The carpet was dirty and looked like it was not even cleaned! The bathroom smelled like mould especially when having a shower, and the bed the bottom sheet was a quarter up the mattress and have to pull the sheets off the bed and remake it! Could hear the life going during the night as its right next to the bedroom! the bed side table was also half way down the bed due to a huge piece of wood sticking out of the wall! The balcony view faced a car park and smelt so bad! I did ask for a new room but was refused and wasn't impressed! I would never stay again! unless i knew I was getting a fantastic room! We paid 3 times for 1 night compared to other times stayed! IF your cleaners cant do a proper job hire me and ill make sure every room is 110% perfect!

Room Tip: Refuse the room 333!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

It is concerning to hear the issues you had during your recent stay.
I have directly pass your concerns to our housekeeping departments to ensure swift corrective action is taken. I would like to assure you the cleanliness standard you encountered is not the standard we strive to provide.
Unfortunately, not all our units guarantee a view. We advised guests to book our One or Two bedroom City Skyline apartments to ensure a view.
When a request such as view or change of room is brought to the attention of our friendly reception staff, they are more than happy to find a convenient solution. However, this is subject to availability. I apologise a room move was not available for you during your stay.
We hope you provide us with an opportunity to regain your faith in our product soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The apartments are in a converted wool store and have echoes of the past in the conversion. I was on business and stayed in a two room apartment with a colleague. We found the apartment quiet, comfortable and convenient. What else could you want? It's good value. I had nothing negative to say.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Elaine S

Thank you Elaine for your review.
It is a pleasure to hear we were able to meet all your expectations during your recent stay.
We strive to provide a comfortable, quiet and memorable stay, I am delighted to hear this standard was maintained and exceeding.
We hope to welcome you again soon.