“The tour was way more interesting than I expected”
Review of Sydney Opera House

Ranked #3 of 554 things to do in Sydney
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: One of the most iconic buildings in the world – the Sydney Opera House is an architectural masterpiece and vibrant performance space. It's a place where the past shapes the future, where conventions are challenged and cultures are celebrated. Step inside and discover the stories that make the Opera House so inspiring. Whether you’re a local or a tourist, a first-timer or an aficionado, the Sydney Opera House has something for everyone.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We did the 7:00 two hour morning tour and it totally exceeded all of my expectations. Our guide was great. We were shown dressing rooms, stage elevators, lighting fixtures, control centers, props and much much more. I gained great insight into all of the "behind the scenes" stuff that is required to put on a show.

The tickets seemed pricey when I bought them but I actually got good value.

Write a ReviewReviews (19,178)
All reviews
in 191 reviews
"soh"
in 156 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Don't miss an opportunity to tour the Opera House. It is iconic and truly amazing. I would like to attend a performance there if we ever return to Sydney.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A very different concept with all venues in one building.....try to catch a performance if you can....

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

In my perfect world, I would have gone to the ballet instead of taking a tour, but my boys, 11 & 13 were not having it. So we opted for the tour. It was fascinating and far more than I expected. From the knowledge our tour guide gave, to being able to go inside the opera house and even the theatres, was well worth the $. The knowledge about the architecture alone was worth it, then to be able to slowly meander through, admiring the building was phenomenal.