Review Highlights
CAN'T REMEMBER THE MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!

I had heard a lot about BOOK OF MORMONS but found it a little disappointing with regard to the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Bob A
Sydney, Australia
Soo glad i went and saw it

Such clever writers who were able to.make most of us sit and laugh at serious topica without... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

from US$223.10
More Info
from US$89.50
More Info
All reviews lyric theatre religious hilarious irreverent stalls
Reviewed 11 June 2018

This would have to be the worst musical I have seen.
Very hard to understand what some of the actors were saying as they were putting on this fake African accent.
Ridiculous story.

1  Thank BlondeNanny
Reviewed 28 May 2018

In an age where PC is getting out of hand, it was great to see a show that pushes the boundaries and is so funny at the same time.
It is written by the guys from south park, so you know its going to be offensive.... in this show they go after religion, child rape, developing countries (lack of education etc), female circumcision, STDs and the list goes on...

From what I could see, everyone in the theatre was loving the show, everyone in my group loved it!

Reviewed 20 May 2018

I am an atheist who quite enjoys South Park episodes that can be witty and a clever funny insight into current events. However this show is blatantly bigoted, racist and sexist and completely devoid of humour. Beyond cringe-worthy. Some people may find child rape, AIDS, female circumcision, dysentery, STDs, poverty, lack of education, ignorance of developing countries (Uganda), irreverance and someone being shot in the face (and subsequent gaudy display of blood splatter) funny - I did not. I have visited developing countries in Africa and I can tell you there is nothing funny about what has happened there. Anyone with an average IQ or far less would know that. Several people walked out of the performance I attended. As a South Park fan I was waiting for the joke or the punchline or at least some wit so stayed until the end. There wasn't any, at all. Maybe someone can tell me how demeaning others in less fortunate circumstances - and that is all that is portrayed in this show - is humorous. Is that how far our society has sunk to?

8  Thank Firsttimecruiser52
Reviewed 4 May 2018

I cant believe the reviews on TripAdvisor for this musical. We saw this musical last week at the Lyric Theatre Sydney. I heard the writers from Southpark wrote the script so understood it would have some different undertones. My husband and I found this play to be very cleverly written. Yes it does challenge main stream views on religion so if you are very religious and do not see the funny side of religion don't go.All of the performers were extremely talented in all areas, singing, dancing and performance. I would rarely return and see a plan again, but could easily for this one. If you like South Park humor and think outside of the box this is for you.

1  Thank Mary W
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Did not like the themes in rhis
Not entertaining whgen political and disgusting social practices are laughed at - not funny
Shame especially when the band. The lead female and the sidekick were so good

1  Thank SuePetetrip