“stopover at Coffs”
Review of Matador Motor Inn

Matador Motor Inn
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Coffs Harbour
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Motel was easy to locate and the unit was clean and tidy. Staff were polite, attentive and most helpful. You are in walking distance of Port Macquarie harbour and close to shops and services. The position is ideal for an early start on the road.

Room Tip: You have to expect some noise because you are close to the highway however, there was no discomfor...
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Steve P, Owner at Matador Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us we appreciate your time and look forward to welcoming you back when next in Coffs Harbour

Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

Con Artists.. Thieves.
Stayed here for one night, advertised WiFi had no internet connection... Upon checking out and driving back to Sydney, I received a phone call from a staff member who informed me that they couldn't find the plastic cover on back of the TV remote... Agreed that when I pull over next, I would have a look through my luggage, but I said the TV was hardly used and must be in the hotel room... Once I pulled over, I noticed the hotel had already charged my credit card a further $50.. For the little plastic cover of a cheap old TV.

Absolute thieves, will be making sure nobody I know will stay here.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Steve P, Owner at Matador Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2016

This review is completely untrue –
NO charges were made to this persons card for the remote control which was complete when they entered the room and missing when they left.?
The cheap old TV referred to was Brand new two months ago when all rooms had the TVs replaced with 32" LCD Flat screen TVs
The TV was used it was left set on HDMI to play their games.
Please do not make up stories tell the truth

Reviewed 8 September 2016

Arrived late at nite and got excellent service from Steve and Team. Very helpfull with Area Information. Great to be just of the highway. Room easy accessible, neat and tidy and with character. Stayed twice in 2 week on seperate occasions

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write this review we do appreciate your feedback.
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again when next in Coffs Harbour

Reviewed 23 August 2016

I had to spend a few nights in local hotels while my unit was being renovated. I chose to stay at the Matador Motor Inn. I have driven past it on my way to work many times. I found the rooms to be comfortable and well appointed. I thought the price per night was good value. The staff were friendly and helpful. It isn't far from the centre of Coffs. Traffic noise was minimal even though the motel is located on a T intersection with the highway. My room was located near a stair well, so I could hear people walking by, however the motel was pretty quiet. I thought parking might be an issue as it located in a tricky position, but I had no trouble getting in and out.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Steve P, Owner at Matador Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
We appreciate your feedback and it is pleasing to know you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 22 July 2016

A very pleasant overnight stay. We were warmly welcomed at reception, and the lovely lady then actually took us to our rooms and explained how to operate things. We had one queen and one king room, both VERY clean, EXTREMELY comfortable beds and no smells to the room. We could open the window for fresh air and their was an air-conditioner to warm the room up, but it was a bit too noisy to leave on for too long. The bathroom was clean and hot showers were lovely, small but you could do all you needed to. We could unload our car prior to parking it underneath the building and were able to check-out early.
You could get a continental breakfast although we did not, but we could make toast in the room and have a cup of tea with some complimentary cookies and milk in the cupboard/fridge. It was quiet and I couldn't hear any traffic and did I mention the beds were SUPER comfortable....I wanted to take it with me!
I would absolutely stay here again if they maintain this standard of cleanliness, comfort and friendliness, all of them go along way when you are away from home! Thank you to the Matador, a 10 out of 10!

Room Tip: Ground floor easier access to room but they have a area to unload your car prior to parking. Both o...
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Steve P, Owner at Matador Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2016

Thank you for your comments and feedback we do appreciate it.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the future