All reviews great indian restaurant bombay brasserie microwave and toaster short walk to the beach room was clean little extras ten minute walk walls are thin air con great sleep one night within walking distance shopping centre last minute booking fantastic stay friendly welcome local pub
Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

It’s taken me a bit longer to write this review than planned; however, before I tossed out their business card, I did not want to forget to give a big shout out to Therese and Darren who run this little gem of a hotel. Not only was Therese most welcoming upon our arrival, she suggested a terrific restaurant for dinner that night at Latitude 30, calling to make reservations for us; she subdued a very noisy, drunk and belligerent guest in the room next to us (Commonwealth Games were being held nearby on the Gold Coast which creates even more drinking and whooping it up); she helped us with our laundry and even folded our clothes and placed them in our room while we were out enjoying a yummy breakfast at the Surf Club(another brilliant suggestion). And this is a Motel! Anyway, if you’re ever anywhere near Coffs Harbour, I highly recommend the Coastal Bay Motel. Most of the rooms have been stylishly remodeled, the rates are reasonable and the hospitality impeccable! Thanks again for helping make our road trip down the west coast of Australia remarkable and unforgettable!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

This motel is very average in my opinion. The good things are free wi-fi and the pool, the bad things are it is very dusty, I don’t think this unit is ever opened up to get fresh air. Also it is slightly old.
Overall it is average motel.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
CoastalBayOwner, Manager at Coastal Bay Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Thanks for your review Jet, you must have booked and stayed in one of our basic rooms as there are only 7 rooms in our 41 that have not been fully renovated in the last 3-5 years. I apologise for housekeeping if it was dusty, we have an excellent team so am surprised we missed something. Appreciate your feedback though.

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

The room was clean and tidy. There was a microwave and toaster in our room, which was great. We could have breakfast in the room before we left. The room is outdated, but it was clean and comfortable and met our expectations. Great for a one night stop over.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

When you’re looking for a convenient place, close to the Highway, with under cover parking (useful in the Spring storm season) don’t look any further.
Very comfortable bed, clean and practical room, super wifi, renovated bathroom. Close to local shopping centre for the necessary supplies. Very friendly staff and great value for money.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
CoastalBayOwner, Manager at Coastal Bay Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

I was surprised to find that my vehicle would not fit into this motel. The room was fine although I expected more given the reviews.

The room was comfortable although the wi-fi details I had to contact the office and I was outside the hours.

Room tip: I would choose a room ground floor if possible
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
CoastalBayOwner, Manager at Coastal Bay Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Thank you for your review. We are glad you thought the room was comfortable & suitable for your stay.
We do not hide the fact the entrance is restricted to 2.2m as we have it listed on all booking sites. Sorry but this is something we are unable to change due to the building.
Wifi details are in all rooms on a laminated card. If you were a late arrival then we also write the password on the envelope the key is in.

Sorry for any Inconvenience caused and we do hope we can assist next time.

Many Thanks