All reviews shopping centre bird feeding rainbow lorikeets balcony overlooking the pool poolside room golden chain water dragons free wifi salt water pool lovely clean room nice pool walking distance beds were comfortable place to stay a great nights sleep each morning family room
Reviewed 13 January 2016 via mobile

We have stayed at the Aquajet four times now. This was a three night stay and it was excellent. Marketed as a fairly budget motel, there's strong free wifi, comfortable beds, an amazing pool and lovely managers. Love it! You get a discount if you've stayed before or if you are a Golden Chain member. It's a 5 minute walk to Park Beach Plaza - and I walk slowly! I recommend rooms downstairs - access to the pool is straight off your outdoor eating area. Highly recommend at a little more than $100 per night.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank nswscrapper
AquajetMotel, Owner at Aquajet Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2016

Hi there nswscrapper
Great to see you made it back to Tamworth safely - thank you for the wonderful review, as new owners we're striving to raise the bar for our valued guests as finance and time permits

I thought you might be pleased to hear that you big Eastern Water Dragon 'friend' ate the rest of the pie and sits on the garden box outside your balcony as if awaiting your return for dessert.

I hope we'll catch up again soon, your history with Coffs was very interesting; I sincerely hope the dream you mentioned is fulfilled

Sincerely

Reviewed 12 January 2016

We needed a simple hotel to stay at overnight in between Brisbane and Sydney. This motel is only two storeys and that did us fine. Rooms/Hotel aren't new, a little aged but it did us nicely. Room very clean, nothing broken at all. We loved the local 'wild lfe' (dragon lizards) that patrolled the pool downstairs. The hotel did us for the night. No major complaints. If we stayed longer we would have used the BBQ facilities by the pool side but it was just a quick stay this time around.

Room tip: We would have liked a ground floor unit but we didn't ask.
Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello Bundynelle, it's good to see you made it through the roadworks and wonderful to read your review - thank you. We're always pleased when guests love our lizards and lorikeets as we're particularly fond of them - feeding them morning and afternoon is one of the perks of this place for us.

We look forward to the day you return and have that BBQ beside the pool. Thank you for dropping by

Warm regards

Reviewed 28 December 2015 via mobile

For the people who is planning to book/stay at this motel; don't give your credit card details unless your absolutely sure you're going to stay as I have been a victim that has been charged more than $100 for not even checking in to the motel.

I spoke to the the motel representative and they refused to not charge my credit card.
The motel should only charge a certain rate for cancelling a reservation.

I'm very very very disappointed that the Aquajet Motel did not find an alternative way to remove the $100+ charge on my credit card.
Don't stay at this motel if you have any doubts.

Regards,

Jeff

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff S
AquajetMotel, Owner at Aquajet Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2015

Hi Jeff. Thank you for providing me with the opportunity to advertise our cancellation policy and the way we enact it.

At the Aquajet we have cancellation policies for seasonal peak time and low time. Peak time corresponds with holiday seasons and low time covers much of the rest of the year.

In peak time there is a seven day cancellation period, bookings are confirmed up to seven days prior to arrival. This means the booking is committed and the first night paid for In low time there is a 24 hour cancellation period and bookings are not considered confirmed, in the sense that payment is non-refundable, until 24 hours prior to occupation of accommodation.

In all instances we waive the policy if we sell a cancelled booking after cancellation as we recognise that situations and inclinations change. This means the cancelling guest receives a full refund of monies deposited.

In your instance we received a phone call long after check in time on the day of your booking. Nevertheless, as we advised you, we placed the room on sale and, if it sold, would have happily refunded your money. Unfortunately the room did not sell.

We understand that you might be displeased with this outcome, but a room that might otherwise be sold was held for your use. We have refunded many late cancellations successfully (a few in the past fortnight).

Regards

Reviewed 23 December 2015 via mobile

Very friendly service and very clean rooms. Great location within walking distance of shops and eating places. Point to note if you have lots of gear on a roof rack, the entrance into the motel carpark has a height restriction of 2.2 metres. Plenty of height for the majority of people but we have a Nissan Patrol with a roof cage and we had to unpack some of it before being able to fit underneath.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for you kind review Dianne. I have passed your feedback to our cleaners and they are always pleased (as are we) to receive confirmation of our efforts. We also find close proximity to the Park Beach shopping center advantageous - two minutes' walk off property can be relaxing. Also, since we came from the country, the many restaurants and other eateries have added to my waistline!

Thank you for mentioning the height of our entry. Many tall vehicles avail themselves of the child care car park next door or simply park on the lawn out front. Otherwise dedicated parking is available to all rooms.

We hope to see you again next time you travel this way
Regards

Reviewed 18 December 2015

This was a very pleasant motel experience for me. Being in Coffs for a medical procedure on my back, and not looking forward to the experience at all, I arrived in a flat mood, ready to be critical but Jill the owner was so welcoming and cheerful I was immediately warmed. When she heard about my upcoming operation and fear she took me out to see the lorikeets fed and I forgot my woes while photographing the aprrots, baby bush turkeys and greedy little water dragons! As well, she upgraded my room to a poolside which was not booked and I enjoyed a balcony view of their lovely pool. The highway seemed a million miles away.

Room tip: for a small extra fee poolside is best :)
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

We're so happy Will that your operation was a success and hope your pain has diminished. Thank you for finding time for this review in the midst of your recovery!

Jill is always pleased when guests take an interest in the lorikeet feeding at 0800 & 1600. These are some of her favourite moments. The Eastern water dragons and bush turkeys also clamour for attention.

We are pleased your stay was a pleasant one and we look forward to seeing you again next time you visit the hospital

Sincerely