Rydges Capital Hill Canberra
Hotel Kurrajong Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$102
Hotel Kurrajong
  • Restaurant
Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra Kingston(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$143
Medina.com.au
  • Pool
Quality Hotel Dickson(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$84
永安旅遊
Little National Hotel(Canberra)(Great Value!)
Hotel Realm(Canberra)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
Manuka Park Serviced Apartments(Canberra)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
Avenue Hotel Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel(Canberra)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
1,147 results
All reviewsparliament housepriority guestfree wifibuffet breakfasttwo double bedsmanuka shopsindoor poolspa bathnational galleryhotel restaurantundercover parkingfull buffetspacious roomshort drivequestaconexhibitionaustralia
Reviewed 17 January 2018

Out of the blue picked the Rydges Capital Hill, couldn't have been a better spur of the moment pick. Close to many restaurants and also close to many tourist spots as well for those holidaying.
Rooms were clean and well appointed, free Wifi but a bit hit and miss once everyone else is using Wifi too!
Downstairs bar is modern, a bit $$$ for some beers but happy hour for $5 is good. Breakfast included in my stay was OK and plenty on the menu for picky eaters.
All in all well worth it, would stay again.
Car parking is not complimentary, cost me $20/night which is a bit rich and only has room for vehicle 1.98M in height, 4x4's might find it squeezy!

Room Tip: Most rooms would have a reasonable view...
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Robert K
K_Tomas, Director of Sales at Rydges Capital Hill Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Dear Robert,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotels location and by the sounds of it you had time to explore the local area and all that it has to offer.

It was nice to read that you visited the bar to take advantage of the happy hour drinks and that you enjoyed the breakfast spread.

I was a little surprised regarding your comment for the car park charge is this only $12.00 per car overnight not $20.00 if you have chosen a package that does not include car parking.

For future visits to the hotel, should you not wish to pay for parking, we offer complimentary car parking spaces at the front of the hotel, these are subject to availability and there is also street parking available at the rear of the hotel.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

We had a 3 day holiday in Canberra over the christmas break and booked 3 rooms. This place is very clean and tidy and the staff are very friendly and helpful.
My only concern was parking. Not designed for large vehicles and due to the many christmas functions at the on site restaurant it was difficult to get onsite parking

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank stevemarie2017

Dear Stevemarie 2017,

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed you stay with us during the festive season. It is a great time to visit Canberra and explore all that the city has to offer.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the car park availability. When the hotel is busy with functions and higher occupancy, the car park does tend to get busier and all spaces are subject to availability.

The hotel does offer complimentary car parks at the front of the hotel and there is also street parking at the rear of the hotel for those guests that have vehicles that are too high to fit in the hotels undercover car park. For larger cars, we have spots that are a little wider at the rear of the car park.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope that we are able to welcome you back to Canberra and the hotel again in the very near future.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed here towards the end of December and unfortunately the Aircon run into some technical difficulties for 2 of the 4 nights that we stayed, both of these days were 30 plus degrees so you can imagine it was quite hot in the hotel. In saying that, I can not speak highly enough of the Management on during this time Georgia was absolutely Fantastic, she went out of her way to make sure not just us but ALL of the hotel guests were comfortable during the 2 days with no aircon her dedication to the guests was truely amazing she definitely is an asset to Rydges.

The hotel rooms are very spacious and the newly refurbished bathrooms are great, you are walking distance to some great eateries and the Kingston foreshore.

Overall it's a great hotel and we will be back, I will be recommending it to all my family and friends.. AA++

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Isabell G

Dear Issabell G,

Thank you for your very positive review from your recent stay. It was a shame that our air-conditioning chiller decided to cease working on the days that you were with us.

This was a challenging time for our staff, as this issue was something that we could not foresee and was out of our control.

As I am sure that you can appreciate, to get a replacement chiller and the trades people to install it during the Christmas holiday period was difficult but it was achieved with minimal disruption to our guests.

Thank you very much for recognising the efforts from our staff and in particular, Georgina.

Your positive feedback creates ambassadors that are an asset to the Rydges Brand.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

Stayed overnight recently. Good room. They gave me a good rate as a Rewards member. Always a good option to stay here as it is easy to get to the Oress Club, Kingston or Manuka. Car park arrangement works well.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank David255057

Dear David255057,

Thank you for your positive feedback.

We are lucky to have our property situated in a convenient location, only a short walk to the quaint village of Manuka and close to Kingston and all that the wonderful foreshore has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Canberra.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

We have usually had a great stay in Canberra and the Rydges, Capital Hill is convenient, relatively cheap and of good value for money. It therefore saddens me to say that this trip was not a happy one.

Not only did our room not get cleaned until just before 4.00pm yesterday, 10th January ( and then only after I approached management) but when I signed out this morning (11th January 2018) they wanted to charge me for breakfast.

Now I had thought that the original bill I paid in full was wrong but I also questioned and clarified with the person at the counter on check in and the bill I paid then in good faith was presumed to have been complete.

What upset me most, yesterday and this morning, was the brusque manner of the staff at the checkout desks. Effectively staff were implying that what we say (them) cannot be trusted. They said it was my duty to go back to the original document. In this case that was tricky. I had upgraded over the phone and no new documents were sent to confirm that upgrade.

Let me state that if staff at the front desk are brusque and presume the customer is in the wrong there is a problem with management; either through neglect of training or through their own example.

I also have some general comments about this Rydges property. There are no toilet brushes in the rooms. The carpets in hallways and dining areas are dirty. The bar was unattended. But most importantly the tone of staff is not acceptable. That must come from Management and while it is conveniently located and value for money I wonder if I shall return.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian E
K_Tomas, Front Office Manager at Rydges Capital Hill Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Dear Brian E,

I was disappointed to read your review from your stay with us in January. We often receive comments from guests that our staff are friendly and helpful so it was a shame to read that you found the staff brusque as this is most certainly not the impression that we wish to give our guests.

Our management and staff are here to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable experience and although on occasion there can be some misunderstanding with what is and is not included in rates, at no point should our guests ever feel that they are in the wrong, I am sorry that you left feeling this way.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future so that we can provide you with the welcoming customer service that you should have received.

Georgina Dennett