All reviews great location restaurants downstairs central location early hours parking is limited serviced apartment london circuit on site parking per day great apartment self contained checking in washing machine and dryer good size nice room business trip one bedroom apartment
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The property was perfect for the purpose of my visit to Canberra (business). It was in walking distance to great restaurants and to the Australian National University. The room was not overly large, but practical. I thought $20 a night for car parking was a little pricey, but if compared to another large city, like Sydney, it is probably compatible.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2018

DO NOT STAY HERE. I stayed for two nights (Friday, Saturday nights in November 2018) and the noise from the pub next door was horrendous. There were people coming and going and lingering in the alley below my windows. They were shrieking and shouting all night. This was in addition to the loud music from the pub. All of this continued to about 3:30am after which staff from the pub emptied glass bottles into a dumpster immediately below my room's windows (room 12). A loud garbage truck collected the bottles/garbage at about 6:00am on Saturday morning. This was followed by some strange piano music (which I've seen someone else mentioned in their review - they absolutely correct about this). The same thing happened the next night, except the garbage was collected at 7:00am on Sunday morning. It is not possible to sleep through any of this. If you are lucky enough to drift off at any point, the clinking and shattering glass from tipping bottles in and out of the dumpster will frighten you awake. Ear plugs and noise cancelling earphones were not enough.

Also, the block out curtains in this room did not block out the light and the floor was exceptionally uneven (and squeaky near the bathroom) and I kept tripping at the end of the bed where the carpet tiles met the kitchenette tiles. There was gum stuck to one of the bedside tables and the pillows barely deserve the name; they were lumpy bits of cotton covered polyester.

Unable to sleep on Sunday morning I got up and tried to check out. I was really lucky that one of the front desk staff was just arriving as I got to the lobby so that I could check out, otherwise I would have had to wait around to 8am as reception isn't staffed 24hrs. Then of course I had to trek across the city with all of my luggage to the car park to collect my car and drive back to the hotel to return the car park swipe card. I had to pay $20 extra per night for the privilege of the car park. This cost was not included in the room rate, as I was led to believe at the point of booking.

Save yourself the money and book into the YHA - you'll sleep better in a dorm of 6 than you will here.

Room Tip: Do not stay in rooms 11 or 12
  • Stayed: November 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 October 2018

Unclean. Hair in bed when I checked in and no on-site house keeping to change it over. Front of house suggested I sleep in one of the single beds for the night. Not paying the nightly rate I am paying to sleep in a single bed. After checking with manager, FOH came and changed bed.
Rock solid mattress and sofa. All apartments on level 1 and street noise is horrendous.

Room Tip: Nothing good to say
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2018

We travelled to Canberra to catch up with some friends and be tourists in our Capital. Our experience at Quest Canberra was excellent from the start. The staff member at check in could not have been more friendly or helpful. The room was very comfortable and functional, the only drawback being a very small fridge but we got through. A criticism (if you can call it that) would be the process to use the car park. If it was raining during your stay this would be a negative. I understand that it is probably frequent that the parks are taken by people who are not guests but a better process than a lock and chain could perhaps be investigated. This does not affect our rating of the property as it was in general an excellent stay. Thank you, we would be happy to return.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
QuestCanberra, Manager at Quest Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback following your stay at Quest Canberra. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the service provided by our staff. We appreciate your comments as they help us to improve on our service to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Canberra.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

My husband and I recently stayed at the Quest over the October long weekend. Firstly, the staff were fantastic! Any questions/issues/concerns we had, they addressed them promptly and with a 'can do' attitude. The location was excellent - we were able to easily walk 10min to Floriade and back with no issues. The staff provided us with a map of how to get there and also advised us that there is a free bus that takes visitors to Floriade from the city centre. The hotel room was clean and all the kitchenette facilities worked well. Would recommend staying here is you're looking for a hotel close to the CBD and is good value.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your feedback following your stay at Quest Canberra. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the service provided by our staff and our city location. We appreciate your comments as they help us to improve on our service to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Canberra.