1,644 results
All reviews glebe park park view redsalt restaurant red salt restaurant desk area two double beds national convention centre room service buffet breakfast outdoor pool central location bit dated an upgrade an update per day war memorial long weekend
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Crowne Plaza Canberra you broke my heart. Came with very high recommendations from travel agent. The foyer and checkin was excellent. Sadly that where it ended. My room overlooked the Park. It had definitely seen better days. The bathroom was old and tired. Block out blinds did not function properly. Room Service just replaced the towels and called it a day. Not a stay I will remember.

Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi calvina284,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. It is disappointing to see your recent stay did not meet your expectations. I am so sorry for any inconvenience you experienced in your room. Your comments about the general upkeep of the rooms and the room service have been shared with the management teams to ensure our guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Again, thanks for your feedback. Should your travels bring you back to the area, we would love nothing more than to welcome you back and deliver an experience you'll be sure to remember.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Crowne Plaza is a pleasant hotel, centrally located in Canberra's CBD. The rooms are well appointed, with either a park or street view, both affording nice aspects and greenery. The bed is very comfortable, and the linen is good quality. Bathroom products were nice. My electronic safe did not function properly, and I was promptly moved to another equivalent room with a minimum of fuss. Parking is expensive, but parking inspectors in the area are eager, so it's better to swallow the pill and cough up the $25 per day. I would stay there again for business.

Date of stay: November 2018
CPCanb, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Joseph T,

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review of your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 nights during business (Mon-Fri), and I am utterly unimpressed.

Let me say I have stayed at other Crowne Plaza’s and they have been good to great, I have booked my stay through our corporate account and with that has a corporate card.

Upon Check-in I was greeted by a lady who looked rush and was explaining things to fast (that I didn’t mind, we are all busy) She asked for a credit card to pre authorise for any incidentals charged during my stay, Now I would like to make a point that I had asked this lady that nothing and I mean NOTHING be charged on this card. She said upon check out I can pay cash if I so wished for my incidentals, great.
PROS
Bed was nice
Clean hotel
Location is good
CONS
Bad Feng Shui ( bed is in the middle of the room facing the window so your head, you would have to turn your head to look at the front door)
Was charged $1500 & $1200 during my stay here!
Menu is expensive and not moderately priced along other hotels
Menu is also limited
Was hair in my bathtub (gross)

Thursday I was charged $1500 during my stay as pending transaction, I immediately rang through to reception and asked why I was being charged such a substantial amount. The manager told me that there was no card on the system instead of the one I have given the receptionist on check-in, I explained that I was under a corporate booking and I also questioned why on Thursday am I being charged for the weeks duration of the stay? The Manager responded that the lady who was on reception should of told me that there was no corporate card on file and was “miscommunication” among staff. (Again, my work had booked this accommodation it comes under a number that anyone can see was clearly business reservation) She had put through a authorisation form to fax to my bank to release these funds now that they have confirmed my corporate card. (4 hours later, annoying but money was released)

Friday I am checking out and the receptionist had tried to charge me the $1500 again, I had asked to speak to the manager, receptionist left and went out the back and re appeared everything was fine and I can check out (manager never came out which was unprofessional) they apologised again for the “miscommunication” 2 hours later I get a notification that Crowne Plaza had TAKEN $1200 out of my account. I had called Crowne plaza and no one would get back to me until 2 hours later but now because I had checked out the money cannot be “released” instead would be reversed on my card and would have to wait 3-15 business days to receive the money back. Now not only did it take me 2 hours to have the manager even answer my phone calls and tell me that there was a “miscommunication” but do you think I would be compensated anything for the screw up, “next time you stay with us please let me know”

Its service like this for the lack of empathy, and lack of trying to correct wrong decisions made by their staff that I will no longer ever stay or recommend these guys.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Korin R,

Thank you for taking the time to write this comprehensive review of your recent stay.

We sincerely apologise for the issues you experienced during your stay.

We understand that you are currently speaking with our IHG Guest relations team and our Management team in relation to these issues.

Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

I would happily book another stay here. The location offers easy access to both the airport and the many attractions/museums that make a stay in Canberra appealing. It is also only a short, uninterrupted walk (10 minutes maximum?) from the front entrance (turn right and then left around the corner) to Canberra’s very modern and well-appointed indoor shopping centre.

Our room was modern and appeared to have been refurbished in the fairly recent past. The bathroom was quite dated and really lets the ‘whole room’ experience down a little... it and the main window blinds really need bringing u to date. What I would emphasise is that the room and bathroom were both kept spotlessly clean by the housekeeping staff. The pool and gym appeared a little “industrial” for our tastes and could probably do with an upgrade of some description - but again, they appeared clean to the eye.

The breakfast in the restaurant was perfectly acceptable for the price as was the evening menu and the bar menu I The downstairs bar.

The hotel staff in each section were (without exception) professional, friendly and highly efficient. Overall, the hotel represented good value and I would certainly stay there again.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear WandaC954,

Thank you for your comprehensive feedback and we have passed on your feedback to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2018

We had a great time here. The hotel is in a good location and is well set up. the restaurant was one of the highlights. Good breakfasts and the a la carte dinner was very nice.

they were accommodating for us with 3 young kids with everything we needed. The valet parking was helpful. One downside would be the scarcity of staff - they needed a few more on board to improve timeliness.

Room tip: Request a room on a high floor - and many rooms are far away from the elevator
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
CPCanb, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Dear EddyCS,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your recent stay with us.

We appreciate all your feedback and we have passed your comments onto the department heads for follow up and action.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Crowne Plaza Canberra Team.