All reviews apple tv realm hotel realm precinct parliament house light switches top floor sister hotel room service two bedroom apartment comfortable bed free movies national gallery car park business trip kingston foreshore free parking coffee machine
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Check-in is simple and quick. Accommodation was very open and spacious. Travelling with my wife and child we had plenty of room in all areas of the 2 bedroom apartment.
The cleanliness was not up to scratch in the bathrooms, which to be fair is probably the only thing you want to be spotless when you stay away from your home. The balcony was exceptionally dirty. Dust and leftover excrement was left all over the table and chairs outside. Entertainment system didn't work. Maintenance guy was fantastic but could not fix the issues we faced so we had no TV in either of the two bedrooms. Bed was comfy and linen was fresh and clean. Would not stay here again but for the price we weren't too concerned.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Carlos P, Front Office Manager at Burbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Dear FuseO

Thank you for your feedback. Our goal is to satisfy all of our guests and ensure that they leave 100% satisfied with what we have to offer. The Burbury Hotel is not only stylish and sophisticated externally, but also internally.

It's quite disappointing to hear that your room as it seems was not perfect. Please trust that what you experienced is definitely not to our usual high standards and that we have taken your feedback on board. Our desk is manned 24 hours and if you ever need anything, all you need is to call and we'll make sure that whatever is bothering you is corrected immediately and with a smile.

I'm glad that in a way, you were able to enjoy and appreciate how spacious and well-appointed our apartments are. I do hope that you'll re-book with us in the future so we can show you what we can truly offer - the best services and facilities in town at a very competitive price!

Sincerely

Carlos Palma

Reviewed 22 January 2018

The room was exceptional being a good size and well appointed. The hotel had great amenities such as a well equipped gym, good restaurants, ample security.
The hotel is is a handy location with a short walk to the lake and shopping and also close to Canberra tourist attractions.
Staff at the hotel were very helpful attending to our every request and more.

Room Tip: The apartments are quiet with plenty of space.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank andrewtmuir

Dear andrewtmuir

Hi and thank you for your kind words. It is so good to hear that you and your family were able to enjoy our spacious and well-appointed apartments in the hear of our capital!

I hope you enjoyed the Hyper Real exhibition at the National Gallery of Australia. The Burbury Hotel and Apartments has the closest proximity to all major tourist destinations including the NGA which is just a short 7 minute stroll away.

The next blockbuster exhibition at the National Gallery is Cartier: The Exhibition from 30 Mar 2018 to 22 Jul 2018 which is the season's hottest ticket. This exhibition showcases more than 300 spectacular items, with loans from royal families, celebrities and the astonishing Cartier collection itself.

Be sure to look out for our special accommodation and exhibition ticket packaged rates available now.

Thanks and see you again soon!

Carlos Palma

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

The apartments were spacious and very suitable for a family with children customer service was spot on too !! We had private space four adults and children which made it perfect!!Exceptionally clean rooms it felt like home away from home!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Amanda B
Carlos P, Front Office Manager at Burbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Dear Amanda B,

Thank you for taking the time to share this sensational review with other travelers on tripadvisor.

We are thrilled to know that all our efforts to make your stay pleasant had exceeded your expectations. our award-winning apartments and mostly proudest customer service are pivotal to keep all our guests coming back. It would be my privilege to share all your compliments with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your "home away from home" soon.

Regards

Reviewed 18 January 2018

The bed is made up of 2 single beds and the velcro that joins the 2 is very uncomfortable to lie on. The night reception is terrible and he gave me misleading answers on 2 occasions, where one of which costs me an extra night which was eventually refunded. The rooms on level 1 was terrible, the sounds of plumbing was loud and disturbing. The bathroom has black edging from mildew. I asked for a teapot and it never came, even after 4 nights.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for a room above first floor.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business

Dear Yawyawland,

Thank you for choosing Burbury Hotel & Apartments and sharing your feedback with us.

On behalf of the Burbury team, please allow me to sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience and inconvenience you've encountered during your stay. We acknowledge that it is imperative for us to maintain our product and service excellence and we are grateful for your comments. Your valuable feedback regarding guest services and the beds are taken very seriously and please rest assure that they have been addressed with relevant departments.

Hopefully we could have the privilege to regain your trust. Please kindly contact me directly at xin.jin@domahotels.com.au for your next visit to Canberra, I would like to personally look after you.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 18 January 2018

First thing first, found a woman undies hanging in the closet when I wanted to unload my bag. Then closet shelves were dusty and at least four or five duvets squeezed inside not folded. Fabric furniture full of dust, stain and hair. I felt itchy every time when I sat on the fabric lounge. After giving feedback to management, a little improvement but the furniture they couldn’t do anything. No lift, I was staying on third floor and I had four heavy luggages.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Carlos P, Front Office Manager at Burbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Dear JJma1213,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Burbury Hotel & Apartments.

It is disheartening to learn about your unpleasant experience with us, it shocks me that multiple areas have gone wrong especially attention to details which is something normally we are proud of. As we always strive to achieve the highest guest satisfaction possible, I would like to personally take the opportunity to connect with you and to follow up on your experience with us, if you could be so kind to respond to this email address xin.jin@domahotels.com.au, it would be my very pleasure to communicate with you directly.

Again, thank you for choosing the Burbury Hotel & Apartments. I sincerely hope to hear from you soon.

Kindest Regards