3,542 results
All reviews golf course dukes grill spa treatments on arrival hadrians restaurant golf break play golf afternoon tea evening meal bottle of wine our waiter buffet style steam room quad biking relaxing break main restaurant set menu
Reviewed 14 March 2018

Excellent, went for our wedding Anniversary, this is the second time we have visited this hotel but last time was when it was a DeVere hotel, still the same great standard, if not better as the rooms have been updated

Room tip: Take Milk to made tea with, there is a fridge in the room
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Andrew F, General Manager at Slaley Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Dear Peter
Thank you for your feedback I am delighted to read that your stay was excellent and your second visit. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future for many more stays.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Just came back after a one night spa break.

We had a issue before getting there which was dealt with by GM. Very quickly.
Read all reviews before we went and was a bit unsure, but when we got there we had a great time.
We had a VIQ room overlooking the golf course which was big and very clean.

All staff were very helpful and polite, especially the young lad on the bar as we had trouble with are voucher.

Now I know it is not a De Vere anymore and it’s in the process of being taking over again, so there will be some changes but the only faults I could find were as follows,

1) on arrival at about 12.30 we went to bar until lunch was ready, but when we looked outside there was a table full of tab ends off the night before .

2) my wife and I both had the same massage but got two completely different versions of it. Surely the staff are trained to do the same.

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback I am delighted to read that you had a great time with us at Slaley Hall. It is great to hear all the staff gave a good service and were helpful and polite. Thank you for your further feedback which will be shared to continue to strive to meet all guest expectations. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Had a lovely relaxing stay, facial was excellent staff member explained everything before starting and then took time to chat after the facial about the products used and how my skin was. Lots of rooms to sit and chill in.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Susan
Thank you for your feedback I am delighted to read that you had a lovely stay and enjoyed your spa treatment. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Came here for my best friends wedding and it was honestly just really lovely and I would definitely come back if it was a little closer to me for a spa weekend. The staff were so helpful and I was even able to check into my room a little earlier than normal. Room was lovely and very clean...bed super comfy, could have slept there for day. Excellent job slaley!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback I am delighted you found us to be a lovely hotel, and the staff gave you a good service. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here just as the bad weather was ending. On arrival, we were told we had been up graded & had a golf course view. Goodness knows what we were up graded from as the room was totally average, nothing special at all, really dated. The icicles were hanging right down every window so our golf course view, which was still covered in thick snow, was hardly visable. The corridors, lifts & bar areas were really tatty, in dire need of redecoratoration. We ate there, again, it was ok but nothing impressive. Breakfast the following morning was really poor. On the upside, the Staff were friendly.

2  Thank mickylou2015

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback I am pleased to read that you found our staff friendly but disappointed to read you were left disappointed with your room allocation and food offerings. We are hoping for investment this year which will see many of our areas given a fresh newer look.
I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back when hopefully the weather will be kinder and you will be able to enjoy the view from our rooms of our fantastic golf course.