All reviewsthe pubstayed hereshowerfacilitiesceilingalesnoise
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Great pub with great locals. Oldest building in Henley-on-Thames. Built in 1325. Quaint place with old ceilings. Be care if you’re tall. Good selection of beer and ales. Gets really busy after 10:30. Have fun and drink a few pints!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

You would be better off staying in a Premier Inn.
We had a very small room for £90. The curtains were not hung properly. One tea cup and one milk for a double room. No where really to plug the kettle except on the floor. A key code for room.
No longer renovated to the high standards as advertised.
I understand due to the age of the building you would get sloping floors but the bed could do with being levelled (An easy job).
The four stars are misleading and I would have expected better.
Food was fine.
The bed was comfy and the shower was good.
Staff were very friendly and helpful. Nice little place otherwise.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yellowslacks
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

The photo of tired concrete tells you everything you need to know. Every inch of this place is tired, chipped, or broken. Quite how it’s achieved so many good reviews is beyond me. We didn’t eat there because the atmosphere was so grim and supported by grumpy staff who were constantly either smoking or swearing. A great locals drinking den, but not much more.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2018

i was hapy with my room - although somewhat old and shabby it was stylish and comfy. the restaurant served good food and the service in the restaurant was great. i did a nice run in the morning in the neighbourhood.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Stayed her after having our wedding party with some ever guests, we know this pub quite well … everything was perfect, this is an old in which keeps its old charm, old fashioned but modern at the same time, everything was clean, staff were fantastic and the breakfast was lovely in the morning … to any dog owners and to the last person who wrote about the dog incident … I’m afraid sometimes it’s a dogs nature to be like this, I love dogs and was bought up with them from a young boy, my wife and I have sat in the Bell on the couch before with the pub dog sitting between us and with other dogs around and there has been no problems at all … This is a dog friendly pub, I’m sure that was one off (as you get with dogs) …. Please go visit.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple