Amari Havodda Maldives
AYADA Maldives(Maguhdhuvaa)
  • Breakfast included
Outrigger Konotta Maldives Resort(South Huvadhoo (Gaafu Dhaalu) Atoll)
Island Guest(Maamendhoo)
Village Life(Maamendhoo)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsoverwater villaspecial thanksfood galleryiru barjapanese restaurantdomestic flightfishsunset beach villaour honeymoonnice holidayevery single personmodern designevery mealall inclusive planbreeze spaunforgettable tripevery staff member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was my 12th trip to the Maldives over the last 15 years so hopefully my review might be a better gauge of the hotel and the journey to and from it than the ones I read before visiting.
Unlike my previous visits were i have been whisked onto a waiting speed boat or taken into the hotels own vip lounge for a freshen up before the short journey directly to the hotel via a sea plane, at the Amari things are a little different.
After arriving at Male at 7:10am we were met by the hotels guy who told us to wait, after about an hour of standing in the entrance to arrivals we joined by 20 others and told..... follow me.
We were lead into domestic departures lounge and told our internal flight was at 11:30am, so not a great start, as the time was now 8:30am.
The domestic flight takes about an hour and a half so we landed about 1pm, some 6hrs after landing in Male!
Upon clearing the arrivals we were once again asked to wait, unlike the people sharing the same flight but staying in other hotels who were being whisked away on golf buggies.
Once all of the other hotel guests had gone, our very tired and hot Amari group were instructed to walk the quarter mile to the dock, in the rain!
After the 15 min boat trip we finally arrived at 1:45pm, to be given a small plastic beaker of warm fruit juice and to be told the room wasn’t ready.... not a good start.
I won’t bore you with endless moaning about the hotel, but it’s not 5 star.
The clientele is mostly Asian and the food reflects it, but may I say nice.
The beds are very hard and of poor quality.
The reef has suffered due to the construction, and not as good as most.
No hand rails on the water villas, small point but a first for me, I presume kids are not allowed to stay in them.
The plung pools in the beach villas are concrete with very sharp edges if you would happen to fall off the deck which once again has no hand rail and only steps one side.
In my opinion it looks built on the cheap.
The journey home was no better, our flight was at 9:10am, we were asked to make the luggage availible at 3:20am, they collected it at 3:45am
The boat left at 4am, the domestic flight at about 5am after stopping on route we arrived at Male at 7:20am, so only 5hrs this time.
As all Maldives islands the staff were excellent, but the place and the transfers I would not recommend it.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Glen27
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Having just spent our honeymoon here, like many other reviews my wife and I simply can’t fault it. From the moment you arrive you are immediately made to feel welcome, and very quickly settle into utter relaxation (after what was quite a trek from the UK). The food was excellent to a point where you didn’t want to miss a single service - despite expanding waistlines. Being on the island mid April (which I understand typically has glorious weather) we were slightly unlucky to experience our first 2 days of thick cloud and some heavy downpours – this did not stop us snorkelling in and around the amazing reefs (and getting burnt!) and even using the islands gym to alleviate some of the gorging guilt. You are in a 5 star paradise surrounded by amazing staff offering nothing less than a five star service – always smiling – always welcoming – and always striving to make your stay as special as possible.

Extra special thanks to Ihsen, Naisam, Sajidh, Giyas, Navin, Febin, Edwin (Christophel), Niushad & Qusammath. Missing you guys already!

Our only regret is that we didn’t book longer than the 7 nights we had. The domestic 1 hour ‘island hop’ from Male (including waiting time) took a around 6 hours from our international flight arrival, and on leaving we had to depart the island via boat at 3:30am. These are things which your booking agent might not know or make you aware of – something to bear in mind when choosing international flights or number of days.

If asked ‘would we return?’…’In a heart beat!’

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just came back from a dream holiday at Amari Havodda. There is not much to add to previous reviews regarding long journey there, quality of rooms/food/drinks, friendlyness of staff, facilities, etc. Just for those who get ill during your stay, be assured that they take care of you and do their best to help you! My husband got a severe ear infection, which unfortunately could not be treated by the nurse who is on the island and therefore we had to go to the hospital on Thinadoo island. Everything was organized to perfection, we did not have to worry and we had a guide there who managed the administration in the hospital itsself. (Thank you so much Nadeem, your help was highly appreciated - although I am a quite independent woman!) And back in the resort, we got help all time, when I had to get something from the restaurant to bring it back to the room, all cooks and waiters helped me, also our guest manager Ayaz!! And they always asked about my husband's health progress! And he got a big cheer when on the last 2 nights he was possible to come for dinner - he could not hear them but saw their smiles and received a lot of handshakes. Simply outstanding!!! And those times when I was in the restaurant alone, they - although being busy - came to my table to entertain me, thank you Jafor, Ashish, Aidth, Mannan, Aiman, Rifau, Baby (Shafeez), Navin, Vikas & Ikthi, we miss you such a lot!!!

Room Tip: We loved the sunrise side!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
NormaniaAlfante, Secretary to GM at Amari Havodda Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear 23Angie,

Greetings from Amari Havodda Maldives !

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete this survey following your recent stay at the Amari Havodda Maldives. It was indeed a pleasure to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

Your kind compliments have been passed on to my fellow Team Members especially to Ayaz, Jafor, Ashish, Aidth, Mannan, Aiman, Rifau, Baby (Shafeez), Navin, Vikas & Ikthi. They are very happy to know that you remembered them. They want to extend their greetings and is asking as to how Mr. Andreas is now? We hope he is much better now.

At Amari, special emphasis is placed on staff training and it is always rewarding when guests voice their appreciation.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again back to paradise in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Ms. Normania Alfante, Secretary to General Manager
Amari Havodda Maldives

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Over water villa is my dream stay in Maldive. It's really great! I saw a baby shark near my villa, Manta small Manta Ray also. Super!!
Spa is little expensive but it's really nice to massage after snorkeling.
Hotel is clean and luxury as it is. They clean room twice a day.
The island is a private island, we can walk with nature.
First 2 days, was raining. A day before we leave, was sun shine. Thanks god!

Havodda is quite far from Male airport. Need domestic flight and speed boat to transfer. Check out time at 05:30 in the morning for my international flight at noon. It made me sad to leave early morning.

My opinion, should come back and stay longer!!

Room Tip: I love over water villa. I saw baby shark and rays from my room!! Room is clean and big bathroom with shower and bathtub. especially a hole with net on the floor. You can see the sea when you take a bath.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have had a wonderful time at this Hotel celebrating relevant birthdays for which the hotel ensured was a more special occasion for us, providing a birthday cake, bubbly wine & wonderful characters/decorations made out of towels on our bed!
The staff go over & beyond to make you feel welcome & are constantly working hard to keep the location/resort clean & tidy
We split our stay between a Sunset Beach Villa & an Over Water Villa...each had its advantages. It was wonderful to wake up & be able to walk down from our sunset beach villa (room 212) to the sea each morning & equally, it was wonderful to gaze into the sea from the luxury of the Over Water Villa (129 ~ a perfect sunset view!) which was far enough out to the sea to be able to swim but close enough to explore the reef from the lagoon side too
Things that could improve our experience might include providing some lockers at the Diving Centre for guests to use when out snorkelling - securing a room key to swimming trunks isn't the safest option! & i'd have liked to have seen the soft furnishings for the sunbeds collected up when it was raining, rather than looking uncared for left outside to be ruined......
It was a lot of travelling but well worth the effort to stay at the wonderful resort.
Our arrival in Male wasn't the smoothest (our updated flight details had not been provided so we were not expected on the flight that we arrived on!) but the Resort Rep at the Airport did everything to make sure we were on the Domestic flight to the Island
Equally, our departure was not smooth either, this was down to Maldivian Airways, our domestic aircraft developed a fault, meaning an unscheduled landing at a remote airport island, waiting for a replacement aircraft to continue our journey, delaying our arrival in Male by 3 ½ hours, arriving at 10:40 for an 11:00 departure with Emirates.....the Amari Rep was waiting for us and the ground staff at the Airport in Male did everything from getting our luggage off the Maldivian flight to escorting us (rapidly) through check-in, security & the boarding gate to ensure we got on our flight home!

Well done Amari & thank you Emirates for waiting for us!

Room Tip: Overall we preferred the over water villa (room 129 was perfect, giving a sunset view and the option of swimming in the lagoon in addition to snorkelling the nearby reef) if opting for a beach villa, the Sunrise side of the island does have a wider beach, the water is also generally calmer this side, but also gives better access to the reef for snorkelling
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple