“Don't order the sharing ploughmans”
Review of The Dog Inn

The Dog Inn
Reserve with TopTable
The Dog Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 22 Restaurants in Longridge
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Greatly overpriced for what you get. One piece of sourdough each,one piece of cheese,prosciutto {substitute for ham hock} a pot of pickled onions and a pot of beetroot. My friends asked for more bread and cheese, which was brought to the table quite quickly then my friend realised the boiled egg was missing!! The waitress returned with ONE egg.. I had ordered smoked salmon muffin with A boiled egg...menu did not say HALF an egg which is what I got!!
We really should not have paid £20 for this and I'm annoyed with myself doing so but
I was treating my friends to lunch so didn't want to make a fuss.
We did comment to the waitress on how poor the meal was and she said she would pass it on to the chef. We don't live in the area so probably won't be back anytime soon to sample the new menu. I hope that the ploughmans is no longer on it and if so please check out a few Manchester bars/pubs to see how it should be done.

1  Thank hazel d

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here with 2 teenage boys for a single night in one of the suites upstairs. These were refurbished in 2017 to a high standard, but need a little "living in" details like door stops, thinner duvets in summer and darker blinds. Mini-kitchen is more than adequate for simple meals, and has a very good shower in the bathroom. Beds and sofabed are firm.
Staff service quality excellent - more than making up for a couple of minor chambermaiding issues.
Dinner was good pub food rather than "gastro" including Sunday Roast option and delicious calorific puddings. 5 ales available, 4 of them local, and well kept, plus normal range of lagers, gins and wine. Good value overall.

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Just popped in for an unplanned lunch. Lots of choice and loads of tempting specials to choose from. We were boring and had gammon and a burger. The food was great and the service was exceptional. Will definitely be back.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

The Pub has recently re-openned following an extensive refurbishment.
The owners can be justifiably proud of what they have achieved.
The pub has been sympathetically brought back to life providing quality decor and everything to ensure a lovely and friendly ambience.
We visited on Thursday evening and were surprised to see how popular it was even mid-week. There was a real buzz around the bar and other tables.
We ordered the fish, chips and mushy peas. I can honestly say they were one of the nicest I have tasted. Would certainly recommend them. Go for the regular size- they are much too good to restrict yourself to the small portion!
We sat inside as it was quite cool in the evening but look forward to my next visit and sitting outside enjoying the fabulous views over Longridge Fell and, of course, my fish, chips and mushy peas!

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

What a great mid-week indulgent treat we've just had. From the starters to dessert and the service from all the staff it was truly a first class meal. The katsu brisket with wasabi and an oriental chilli dip was great. For mains I had the fish of the day which was hake. Usually this is served with crab butter but I'm not a fan of crab so asked if the chef could do something different with it. They served it with confit tomatoes, olive and lemon and it was wonderful. The fish was cooked to perfection and the crushed potatoes they served it with we're so full of flavour - I didn't leave a speck of food on my plate it was that good. My boyfriend had the special fondue burger which was also great, served with proper hand-cut chips. For dessert we shared the Manchester tart and popcorn pannacotta. The pannacotta was the best of the two but they were both very tasty. The texture on the pannacotta was perfect made with whole vanilla bean and no taste of esthetic flavourings. One of the best I've had in years! The service from the front of house staff was attentive and nothing was too much trouble for them. On quieter mid-week nights it's easy for staff to become complacent and not provide the best service but I was really impressed with how welcoming everyone was. Well done all at The Dog Inn