“Food lovely - service missed the mark sorry”
Review of Poderi Crisci

Poderi Crisci
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Onetangi
Price range: US$23 - US$57
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: View, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: WelcomePoderi Crisci Vineyard and Winery, set in a stunning amphitheatre surrounded by vines and olive trees, has fast become the quintessence of what in Italy is called: Agroturismo. Located 30 minutes from Matiatia in Awaawaroa Bay, Poderi Crisci occupies 7.7 hectares of north-facing slopes in the heart of Waiheke’s unique wine growing microclimate. The narrow rocky strip underlying Poderi Crisci is believed to be 30 million years older than the rest of the Island, boasting soil criss-crossed with mineralised veins. For four generations the Crisci family has been immersed in food and wine, Antonio born and raised in Napoli came to NZ in early 1990 and established Toto Restaurant in Nelson Street . With his partner Vivienne Farnell they opened Non Solo Pizza, an institution in Parnell in 1997 and Bar Vino in 2009.
Reviewed 2 May 2018

We arrived for a lunch on Saturday, and the guy at the door did not appear to be very welcoming considering we had walked in out the horrible rain that day expecting a warmer welcome. No smile. No inviting conversation.

Waiter was not engaging or "smiley" either. Very perfunctory as if we were an intrusion. Seemed strange given other people's great reviews.
Fortunately the food was quickly served and of a reasonable quality - though sadly the whole experience was not as we had hoped.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

The food there is absolutely beautiful and I would go back in a heartbeat for it. However I must admit I struggled a little bit with the service. I left a message on Thursday for a reservation on the Friday night. I had to call again on Friday lunch as nobody came back to me, and was advised that there was en event on Friday and Saturday night. Not to worry, I got us a booking for lunch! However someone called me back on Saturday returning my call ... from Thursday ...
When we arrived, yes the day was miserable as it was pouring rain outside. However we felt that it was almost as if we were a bother.
I asked for gluten-free options on the menu as they were not listed, so I asked if anything was or could be made GF ... The response was "well, you just tell me what you want and I'll see"... I hate being an annoyance with my allergies so I usually just ask from the GF menu ... I explained this and the response was "well, this I think is, this I think is, this is, if not we can make you GF gnocchis..." ... I felt extremely inadequate and embarrassed ...
We ordered a wine waiting for our first course to arrive. As it was served, my partner had finished his wine and I had almost finished mine. Our waited laughed and pointed at my partner's glass saying "Wow already finished? Shall I bring you another one?" ... I genuinely was shocked that someone could say that in a vineyard restaurant ...
The rest of the reviews are fantastic and I can appreciate that it must have been an off-day ... I would be ready to give the place a shot again just for the food but I must admit I went there on recommendation and I was disappointed by the overall experience ....

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

This is our third visit to this isolated but outstanding winery/restaurant. We went as a group of 10 including 4 kids. Stunning day and setting. Food excellent as per previous visits plus great waitress.
Lovely long Italian lunch with family.
Bought a case of wine to reminisce with.
Must visit place !

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

This winery is absolutely stunning. We enjoyed a 3 hr long lunch. Food was exceptional. The wine was superb. Staff were lovely. The ombience was true style.
A must to experience. We’ll definitely be returning.

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Food was nice. Didnt taste wines as they werent offering tastings for the wine i wanted to try. Not sure we would go back, wasnt really made to feel that welcome maybe because they were busy?