Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,095 results
All reviews sushi organic garden pool and hot tub human nest partial ocean view sea lions wild coast golf cart unique experience main building complimentary breakfast both nights sand dollar beach gift shop a special place glass of wine board games
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Loved our experience at treebones! I would recommend to anyone who wants to disconnect and relax - the amazing views, not having WiFi in the yurts, great food, hot tub, morning yoga - all really make you appreciate your surroundings and keep you present. Just be aware the wind can get quite strong at night and in the morning! It will be cold - I am from Boston and didn’t realize a winter hat and gloves would be necessary in May but wish I had them when doing outdoor yoga. Also extra layers for sleeping.

Room tip: Bring layers! Also wind is loud!! we were fine Falling asleep to it but May bother others. They provide little soft/disposable ear plugs.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dan At Treebones Front Desk, Guest Services / Front Office at Treebones Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you! This is all great advice-- the wind this year has been a bit stronger and colder than usual so layers (especially a windbreaker) can really help to cut the chill when the morning fog rolls in. It does look beautiful wisping through the Monterey Cypress trees, though :)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

One of the coolest “hotel” experiences we’ve done. We’re a young couple (36+37) and had the most amazing time staying at Treebones. The yurts were comfortable and spacious with amazing ocean views in Big Sur. I was a little nervous about having to use the lobby bathrooms and showers but they are surprisingly close to all of the yurts and extremely clean. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, with most of them living on site. They suggested some very nice hikes for us (and I would recommend ordering a box lunch from the restaurant for the hikes). The hotel was also very eco friendly with their own greenhouse and beehive. And we ate the main restaurant and sushi restaurant and both were outstanding. If you get a chance, eat at the sushi restaurant. Better than any other sushi restaurant I’ve ever tried - such a cool dining experience! We hope to be back soon!

Room tip: Ocean view yurts are amazing!
Date of stay: April 2021

Thank you! Our staff works hard to keep the communal spaces clean and inviting, and our kitchen staff loves helping hikers get fed! We’re so glad you enjoyed the Sushi Bar--offering a range of amazing dining experiences is a key element of the Treebones experience, and it’s great that you got to try everything we offer.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Couldn’t imagine a better setting, setup or experience in Big Sur. Would recommend to anyone who is looking for an easy escape. We stayed in the treehouse which we booked nearly 7 months ago. The wait was certainly worth it. On top of that, the omakase experience was out of this world and a must. Small seating overlooking an amazing setting

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We love our Treehouse guests! Last year put the making of so many new memories on hold, and we are SO happy to welcome guests here from a long-awaited (or delayed) trip and we always aim to be worth it!

Reviewed 18 May 2021

What a magical place - absolute gold and so are all of the staff. Everything was clearly done with thoughtful intention and a sensitivity to detail. From the whimsical nest campsite, to the wood fire-oven pizza, the organic garden and farm-to-table salad, the homemade granola and coconut chia pudding for breakfast, the massage, the hot-tub, the yoga, the numerous beautiful hikes nearby, the cozy lodge complete with crackling fire... Not to mention the absolutely insane ocean views from the lodge and campsite. Everything you could possibly want. I can't wait to visit again.

Room tip: The nest! Be ready for a campsite though - pack warm stuff, it can get chilly.
Date of stay: May 2021
Dan At Treebones Front Desk, Guest Services / Front Office at Treebones Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Thank you so much for this review! We do give a lot of thought into how to improve our guests’ experiences, so that they can get down to the business of relaxing! Our staff puts care and intention into even the smallest tasks, and it all adds up. We can’t wait to have you come stay with us again too.

Reviewed 15 May 2021

Our visit exceeded my grandest expectations! Purely magical! The accommodations were clean, comfy, environmentally appropriate. The staff were welcoming, friendly and always helpful (especially Maria who prepared a very tasty breakfast). Treebones will forever be my special place to be still, reset, decompress and reenergize. As an acute care nurse I truly needed to feed my spirit after the horrific months of COVID. I dreamt of my escape to a yurt in Big Sur. Rarely does reality surpass my imagination- my experience at Treebones did just that. I am truly grateful.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We love our front-line healthcare guests (and exceeding expectations)! After the year you’ve had, it is our pleasure to do whatever we can to help you recharge, and it’s an honor to be that place for you. We’ll be here anytime you need us. We’re passing these kind words on to Maria— she’s a newer staff member and we think she’s great, too :)