Hotels.com
Agoda.com
Trip.com
ZenHotels.com
20,676 results
All reviews lazy river lobster chez isabelle the grill martini bar flavor market club pool sol bar barcelona restaurant las olas room service our honeymoon club level michael jackson show french restaurant swim up suite main pool
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 May 2021

The team and location were perfect!
We were able to enjoy multiple restaurants and receive great service and delicious food. Thank you to the staff for making our stay so special and for the extra details that went above and beyond.

1  Thank Anali16
The Excellence Collection, Other at Excellence Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2021

Dear guest,
First and foremost, we would like to thank you for choosing Excellence Riviera Cancun as your holiday destination and for taking the time to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor readers.
We are very delighted to read that you enjoyed every moment throughout your stay with us and we were able to surpass your expectations in all areas. We are passionate about paying attention to detail since our main goal is to provide unparalleled customer service and luxury to our guests along with delicious food experiences. We assure you that we will continue working hard in this direction to have more guests satisfied with the outstanding service our guests expect from us.
It has been a pleasure hosting you and we look forward to seeing you back soon. Please, receive our warmest regards from The Excellence Collection.

Reviewed 25 May 2021

I had a great time at the Excellence Riviera. The staff was amazing, the food was good, room service was nice and the views were amazing from my room. I wish I would have booked a longer vacation so I could enjoy the resort longer!

Reviewed 25 May 2021

I can't say enough about how wonderful our trip was with the way the staff treats everyone. My husband and I loved every part of our trip. We would definitely stay at this resort again and recommend it to our friends and family. The staff is incredibly hard working and the extremely clean resort is proof of this. We took a couple excursions off the resort and we felt very safe with the transportation provided.

Dear guest,
We are very delighted to read that you loved every moment throughout your stay with us and we were able to surpass your expectations in all areas. At The Excellence Collection, we are passionate about paying attention to detail since our main goal is to provide unparalleled customer service and luxury to our guests. We assure you that we will continue working hard in this direction to have more guests satisfied with the outstanding service our guests expect from us.

Reviewed 25 May 2021

My family and I have been traveling to all inclusive resorts and the Caribbean and in Mexico for 25 years and this hotel was the best experience yet. Everyone, and I mean everyone on their staff was friendly and helpful and professional. The food was delicious, some of the best we've ever had, and the accommodations were lovely. We opted for an Excellence Club Ocean View room and it just couldn't have been nicer. Comfy beds, fresh clean Linens and the room was in great condition. We even used the jetted tub on the balcony on the one rainy afternoon we had.

If you care about coffee you'll be happy to know that they have a Nespresso coffee maker in the room and they refresh the pods daily. Also top shelf liquor, and good quality brand name snacks, not that you'll ever need to snack in your room. It's just a cut above most all-inclusives. No wristband, no need to make reservations at one of the many restaurants with the exception I believe of the French restaurant. The Italian food is delicious, particularly osso buco which I had twice, and the breakfast buffets in the Kitchen Table offered anything and everything you could possibly want. Even the desserts at this Resort or delicious.

Staff members were always there to help but never hovering or invasive. No timeshare hawking either. Plenty of poolside lounge chairs, no towel cards to mess with. Lovely white sand beach and plenty of space around the pools.

Special shout-out to some of our favorite staff members... Felipe at the Italian place Oregano, and also at Los Olas, was wonderful. Juan and Neri in the Kitchen Table, Amable at the Excellence Club pool, and our housekeeping gem Marisol. Also, everyone we encountered at the front desk was exceptionally helpful and professional.

Having been to at least 15 different resorts in the area I can without hesitation say this was our favorite. I wish I were going back tomorrow! Thank you everyone at the Excellence Riviera! You made our vacation very special. We'll definitely be back. .

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2021 via mobile

There was some good, some okay, and some bad to my experience, so I felt inclined to leave a review. One of the biggest reasons I booked this specific property was the high ratings and reviews on here, but I’m truly at a loss for how this property is rated so highly. If you’ve ever stayed a true luxury property, you will need to adjust your expectations to be happy here. But I do think it’s a fair value for the price. For what it’s worth, we did not upgrade to Club level and I think that would have made the experience somewhat better.

The Good-
The property is beautiful. Lush plants and lots of water features truly make it a lovely place to stay. Upon arrival, we were greeted with a glass of sparkling wine (let’s be real - it’s not champagne) and we had a smooth check-in experience. The rooms are a good size and the bed was comfortable. I also loved that the balcony had a little lounge bed in addition to the standard table/chairs. Mini bar was fairly well stocked but no white or sparkling wine options in-room. Another aspect that I loved was the diversity of the other guests. There were families, couples, and friend groups in all different shapes, sizes, and colors, which I really appreciated.

The Okay-
I found service to be extremely hit or miss. All of the staff members were very friendly and polite, but service was usually very slow everywhere. At many restaurants, there was a long delay between being seated and the initial greeting from the server. Also, some of the bartenders took an extremely long time to acknowledge us at almost every bar. I don’t mind waiting at all, but let me know that you see me and you’ll be with me in a moment so I know what’s going on. Pool service was also slow and you can’t order food at all from your pool chair. Additionally, there are no amenities like sunscreen, water stations, or staff to set up your towels/chairs and the pools could use a face lift. They just seemed old and lack luster (no infinity edges anywhere). Same with the spa. Beautiful on the outside, but I received a not very good massage and we weren’t allowed to go in the spa jacuzzi because they were closing at 6pm apparently. Disappointing because I would have skipped the free “hydrotherapy” in the beginning to use the jacuzzi and sauna on my own terms had I known they would be unavailable after the massage. None of these things are the end of the world, but just not what you would expect at a “luxury” resort.

The Bad-
When I’m on vacation, I want to eat good food. However, I know all-inclusives aren’t known for the best food, so I definitely checked my expectations going in. I was not expecting 5-star dining, but rather decent food that plays to a wide array of palettes (i.e. not very spicy and not very adventurous). The only bright spot in our meals was Basmati. It was actually on par with some of the better Indian restaurants in my city. I’m still thinking about the tikka masala. All of the other dining options ranged from okay to downright bad. The others we tried include Oregano (dinner), Flavor Market (apps/drinks), Agave (dinner), Lobster house (breakfast), Spice (dinner), and Kitchen Table (breakfast), Las Olas (lunch), and pizza from Sol bar. Oregano and Las Olas were by far the worst. My two biggest complaints outside of the actual taste of the food was the lack of to-go lunch options (only pizza) and a lack of physical menus. I’m not sure if this is a COVID protocol or standard practice because it was never explained, but you have to download the property app to see menus for all of the restaurants and bars. This is extremely annoying as many people including myself go on vacation to disconnect. I don’t want to spend the first ten minutes of my meal staring at my phone. Also, half the time the app was slow and menus didn’t load. It just did not make for a great dining experience.

Finally, the hotel offers free COVID testing since it’s a requirement to get back into the U.S. We were assigned a day/time to get our tests when we checked in. The time was at 12:25pm on our second to last day there. Good thing we didn’t have an excursion planned or spa appointments already booked. From the time we arrived at our appointment to the time we were tested and left took 1 hour and 30 minutes. We had to stand in line in the sun (no chairs, no real waiting area) because there was only one person running tests out of a converted guest room. It was miserable - the only bright spot was that we were able to laugh with the other guests about how much it sucked and we felt like we were “in it together.” I appreciate that they are providing this service for free, but they need to be up front about the wait times, be more clear on logistics (people only knew what to do because other guests waiting in line explained the process), and rethink the time of day they do this. We only had 3 full days on property and this took a large chunk of prime pool time from one of them.

Overall, my experience was okay. I likely won’t return, but I do think this is a solid mid-market option if you are looking for a good value and don’t really care about the food. If you are looking for an upscale or luxury experience, consider other properties.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank elaudow

Dear guest,
First of all, we would like to thank you for your recent stay at Excellence Riviera Cancun and for taking the time to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor readers.
Thank you for adding very generous remarks on the positive sides of your vacation with us and mentioning the services that made your stay more comfortable with. In addition, the food area is an important aspect we consider and that’s why our Chefs are passionate about taking care of every single detail and they personalize our service and cuisine to suit the different tastes and preferences of all our guests, although we will revise why during your getaway, we did not seem to blow you away with delicious food in every meal at some restaurants.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another getaway. We will be pleased to make you another wondrous adventure time. Please, receive our warmest regards from The Excellence Collection.