Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
US$617
View deal
ExpediaUS$840
Agoda.com
All reviews special thanks water villa personal butler restaurant options major highlight restaurants offer spacious deck beautiful soul special word special mention yoga guru departure flight big pool kids club the crystal clear water swing bed kind person
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 May 2022 via mobile

I was with family on maldives 5 times And this resort was my biggest mistake.
Second day in villa somebody(maybe some employe whoe had room card,stole money from safe .Hotel management untils this day didnt find any responsible person,no refund from there side,just “I am sorry” strategy to keep us in hotel a spent other money until accomodation end , Male police still investigate this case but after 2 weeks no result.
Nice view from beach villa during day just finished our bad feeling of this rezort.
My recomendation is,keep your money safe and find better island.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2022

We visited the newish KV Resort for an 8-night full-board holiday, as a family of 4: 2 adults, a 9-year old boy and and 2.5 year old toddler girl. We booked the trip via a travel agent in India, and found it to be well-priced in comparison to other resorts with a similar offering.

Our experience of the hotel’s services commenced faultlessly, when we were met at the arrivals hall in Male Airport. They guided the short walk to the port, and the hotel’s speedboat, which was helpfully stocked with liquid refreshments and a little lavatory, and pulled in to port to receive us without any delay. The half-hour ride to the resort was delightful in itself after a long-haul plane journey. We sat outside/aft on the boat to take in the pleasing aquatic hues of the Maldivian waters, but one could also avail of the comfy air-conditioned interiors of the boat too if so inclined.

When we docked at KV resort, we were met by Salim, who was the star of our entire stay. He was our ‘butler’, but I prefer the term ‘Fixer’, as he had a definite hand in all that veered right. (Much more on Salim later.) Disembarkation from the boat was into a peaceful reception lounge, tastefully tropicalised with fruity welcome drinks in a cute coconut cup, and freshen-up face cloths. It was nice not to be presented with the immediate check-in formalities, and this was pleasantly addressed in the room later.

Salim whisked us away in an island buggy and installed us in a room, which was spacious and thoughtfully laid out with an extra bed and cot. It was additionally welcoming with an ice-bucketed bottle of champagne, fruit basket and a delectable plate of goodies. We were a bit confused and discovered quickly that it wasn’t the family room type that we had booked, and conveyed this to Salim. Alarm bells rang when informed that our room type wasn’t actually available, but without too much tension or struggle thankfully, we were upgraded to a water villa - the ultimate Maldivian holiday fantasy. (Note - we didn’t ourselves opt for this accommodation type as the aqua villas on all resorts tend to be further from the main amenities than beach villas etc, and we didn’t fancy the traipsing with a toddler. Also, there were our concerns about the toddler falling into the ocean while watching fish etc.) While the room transfers/luggage transfers etc were being organised, we were made welcome to use the wrong room to relax and freshen, given an island tour of facilities, and driven to our chosen dinner location.

Salim was always a phone call/WhatsApp away to buggy us to wherever, and while this was great, we were also somewhat reluctant to keep bothering him for our island-taxi needs. But, he would always cheerily drive up in his buggy, at any time of day or evening, and my toddler quite looked forward to the little jaunts with 'Uncle Salim'.

The water villa allocated to us was very thoughtfully the one nearest to the main resort, and we were provided with island bikes (complete with toddler seat) to ride around the island. This was actually extremely enjoyable, and beat walking in the hot hot sun. Possibly because it is a newish resort, they didn’t have baby strollers. While looking for our holiday resort we had noticed that other 5* resorts had strollers, so we didn’t bring our along. Anyway, we fed this back to Salim, and ta-daa, a day later, we found a stroller in our room! How amazing is that - to act on feedback immediately! Nice touch. We were also provided a little toddler bike with stabilisers to use, which was cute and a nice touch.

Room - the water villa/accommodation was fantastic. Spacious, comfortable, nespresso machine, separate bath and showe, his and hers sinks, attentive housekeeping. The decking area was spacious too, with a shaded and unshaded area to suit sun-avoiders and sun-seekers. The swing bed was a lovely touch - I would watch the sun rise from it, and post dinner, sit and listen to the water lap rhythmically while the moonlight streaked the ocean. The view was calming, and it was always interesting to watch the different schools of fish, visit the waters just surrounding. Reef shark, jumping fish, manta ray - all sorts of beauties. The steps leading from villa to ocean had an interesting family of crabs that I called my resident trolls, but they didn’t stop us from the customary ocean dip.

The pictorial draw of the island is its 150m pool. Impressive, but not used for swimming any laps as such. Given it’s size, it could probably have featured a children’s water park or some slides etc. given the pools length, it would be easy to informally zone it between adults and families. The paddling pool is large in area and shallow enough for toddlers to stand in, and covered to protect little ones from the harshest UV. The pool staff could be a little more attentive to earn the 5* service tag, and given the heat, an occasional pass-around of coolers for long-lounging guests would be a welcome touch. Overall, the poolside was peaceful, and background music was just right. It didn’t feel like Ibiza. The frangipani trees lining the pool were classy, and the layout with cabanas etc was stylish too.

Food - breakfast was actually a motivator, in getting out of bed. Buffet cross-continental and local fare, appealing to international palates. The staff were cheery, and we were fond of seeing a regular team of staff at the start of the day, while feeding fancifully against a backdrop of those uplifting blue waters. My son would not forgive me if I didn't mention the freshly made pancakes for which I even got an emailed recipe from the chef (amongst others), and I enjoyed sampling the local fare and tropical fruits. We chose a full board package to suit the children's eating needs, and this was semi-pleasing. The children could only order from a children's menu and despite there being multiple dining choices at the resort, the children's menu was the same everywhere, and crudites and limited choices became tiresome/boring for even their palates, by the time we were into the latter half of the trip. The adult menu was not as disappointing, and we had the fresh catch of the day everyday at lunch, and tried all the different restaurants during the evening meals. No complaints on the quality of the food, some of which was outstanding. Special mention to the Egyptian Sushi Chef Kimo, who apart from being an LFC supporter, was extremely hospitable, generous and skilled in his sushi craft - thank you Kimo! The service at meal times was variable in that some staff seemed better trained and happier to be there than others - Ratheesh was very pleasant, as was Raj. The variability of the service suggested that there was perhaps a general training need for the staff in terms of consistency of service, but otherwise, no complaints in general.

Watersports - I took a maiden scuba diving course and dive, and this was exhilarating. The Italian lady at Dive Centre was wonderful and my Dive Instructor was excellent and very encouraging. I really wish that I had done this at the beginning of my trip and not near the end, in order to have pursued the licensing - it was the perfect place. My lesson in the lagoon was 1-to-1, and I was taken by a local dhow out to a nearby reef, and it was just exhilarating! I also tried paddle boarding, kayaking solo and with my son, and pedal-boating with all the family. There were lots of watersports I didn't try on this trip, but there was lots on offer, if a bit pricey.

Kids Club - this was a bit basic, and the room in the recreation centre didn't have a huge offering considering the size of the resort. However, the staff were pleasant. There was a play-station type thing that my son was glued to, but my toddler wasn't wholly enamoured for long. The playground was ok, but lacked a bit of colour and probably for children older than toddlers. The rec centre did have a trampoline, a table tennis set up, and an air-conditioned room with air hockey, pool table and chess board. This was a nice relief area from the heat.

Gym - limited equipment and small considering the size of the resort, but suffices for those who have their own workout plan. There was a separate Yoga centre which looked very inviting, and the Yoga Master was extremely friendly and pleasant, but I just didn't get a chance to do this activity. From what I saw from a distance, the classes were peaceful and it was a lovely setting.

Tennis courts - 2: great! It was easy to book via Salim, and we just turned up. Raquets, Balls, Iced Water, towels - these were all left on the benches for guests to use. Enjoyed this feature.

Suggestion - please acquire some badminton kit/sets - just another handy thing to have at a resort. Also, some garden games that can be played in the rec area.

Spa - didn't use this unfortunately, but friends that we made during our stay, said it was great.

Entertainment - there was an evening trio of musicians who I believe are Ukranian - they were lovely and my heart goes out to them. Pleasant tunes for an al fresco evening drink. Similarly enjoyed the DJ set at the Japanese restaurant.

Overall, this was an excellent relaxing trip in pleasant surroundings. The resort is in its infancy, and whether it markets itself as a family resort or an adult resort, it could fine-tune its offerings to the intended market. A family resort would need a bit more recreational enticement for all ages, whilst an adult resort needs a bit more edge. However, the relative peacefulness of the resort was actually very welcome, given the life we return home to. We were very comfortable, and the staff were largely lovely. I used to go for an early morning run every day and was always greeted by the gardeners and ground staff.

Leaving was sad, but the checkout and speedboat return were faultless. We weren't just left at port-side - a resort aide actually took use right through to check in - that was a lovely goodbye to KV.

We'd love to re-visit some day. Thank you to everyone who made our trip fabulous - especially Salim.

Date of stay: February 2022
Morgan Martinello, General Manager at Kuda Villingili Resort Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2022

Dear Tuntacious78

Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful and detailed recount of your time at Kuda Villingili Maldives.

We are delighted you had a wonderful time and that our ambassadors took such good care of you during your stay. From your arrival experience to the in villa check in, from our facilities to the food and beverage concept, we are thrilled to know you loved the time you have spent with us and enjoyed all aspects of your stay..

Tuntacious78, it has been a pleasure to have you with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon to create more wonderful memories together.

Reviewed 1 May 2022 via mobile

1. Just perfect interior & lagoon
2. Friendly people
3. Perfect F&B
It can be better than now

@ “Ratheesh” in the restaurant
Is giving me happy memory everyday :)
He is really friendly,
also have consideration to give visitors happiness.
Memory about customers favorite, help to experience new culture through food, and always do the best for customers satisfaction.
Of course perfect F&B make me happy, but his perfect service which i have never experienced before make me impressed.
That is one of the biggest reason that i want to visit kuda again:)
Thank you !

쿠다빌링길리 음식 맛있음 몰디브에서 제일 맛있을듯
매니저랑 직원들 다 친절함 특히 예약 매니저 정말 친절하고 사람 좋음

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Nayoung

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback following your stay with us at Kuda Villingili Maldives.

It is wonderful to know you loved your time with us, especially the warm and genuine hospitality from our ambassadors, namely Ratheesh. Our gastronomic journey is vast and expansive, ranging from East to Oriental, Mediterranean to Italian, Japanese, Peruvian, Middle Eastern and more. There is something to suit everyone's palate.

Nayoung, it has been a pleasure to have you with us, and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon and creating more amazing moments together.

Reviewed 1 May 2022

Honestly, I didn't expect cuisines in Maldives this good. It was like having dinner in 5-star hotel everyday. We booked a half-board program and it was a great choice because we could enjoy various types of restaurants and menu everyday. One week won't be enough to enjoy every restaurant here.
Also, the service of waiters were very kind and sincere(the guy named Ratheesh was so kind and generous).
If you want a resort with great F&B, kind service and clear lagoon, I would strongly recommend this resort.
쿠다빌링길리 최고에요...ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 꼭 가세요 음식 맛있고, 빌라 예쁘고, 라군은 제일 예쁨요!!!! 몰디브에서 음식 제일 맛있을듯

Dear dooshick

Thank you so much for sharing this lovely feedback of your time at Kuda Villingili Resort Maldives.

We are ecstatic to know you loved your holiday in the Maldives, and that we managed to exceed your expectations in terms of the gastronomic journey. Ratheesh will be delighted to know you regard his services so highly.

dooshick, it was a pleasure to have you with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back and create amazing memories together.

Reviewed 25 April 2022 via mobile

Arrived to Maldives for the first time right after my wedding. Jumped to a luxury boat within few minutes after coming out from the terminal. Cool ride by the way with dolphins around us. Amazing!!!!

After arrival, my cool butler took us around checked in to the modern water villa. One of the nicest i have ever experienced.

Had a very romantic dinner with my fiancé, so cool and so delicious food. They made crazy good food there. We spent 8 days there with different cuisines around the world.

Literally shocked by the beauty of Maldives and the kindness of their hearts. Staffs are amazing. They are the best for a hotel to take care of people like us. The naughty people around the world!!!

I was able to spend sometime with the guys at waterspouts. Fantastic people so good care for people.

I read some of the typical reviews on this page before the booking and considered to book just to check and i even made a booking for another hotel in case of a problem.

We ended up with a great place.!!! For the best honeymoon ever!!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank freakm2022

Dear freakm2022

Thank you for choosing you spend your special honeymoon holiday at Kuda Villingili Maldives.

We are delighted to receive such high praise from you, and to know you had an amazing holiday experience. The dolphins are a surprise perk that you get to see with a bit of luck near Kuda Villingili. The spinners and the bottleneck dolphins doing their little tricks are a mesmerizing sight.

freakm2022, once again, thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We hope to see you back soon to create many more amazing memories together with our Kuda Villingili family.