All reviews tour group beautiful hotel wine region spa offers free wifi throughout the hotel steam and sauna rooms few times in the past clean hotel outdoor pool wine bar the breakfast area earlier this month spa hotel finger food chianti hills exploring tuscany spacious room
Reviewed 19 August 2018

The hotel is located in the beautiful Tuscan region of the Chianti Valley. Some in our party got beautiful rooms with balconies. We were on the back of the hotel with only a tiny window. There were mosquitoes in the room, and something frequently rattled loudly all night long that was somehow tied to the electrical system. If you stay here, make sure to ask for a room with a balcony.

Room Tip: ask for a balcony
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2018

Our tour group stayed in this hotel outside Radda. We had a room on the first level and didn't realize there was an elevator that would have taken us from the ground level up to the level of our room. As a result, we pulled our small baggage up flights of stairs. Look for the elevator so you won't do what we did.

Our first night at the hotel, we had a dinner on the terrace. Our first course was a sliced tomato stuffed with wedges of mozzarella. Our second course was penne pasta with a tomato sauce. Our dessert was a white custard with a thin berry top, which I thought was fantastic. Breakfast at the hotel was also excellent, and I thought that it was very appealingly displayed. Our first morning at the hotel, I had stewed prunes, cut fruit (peach half, cantaloupe, apple, pineapple), muesli-type cereal with bran flakes, topped with tiny chocolate balls, orange juice, milk, and a small roll with butter and jam. There was seating both inside and outside on a large patio.

We slept well at the hotel. My wife wrote in her journal, "Our room is spacious and modern. The buildings are all of stone." The pool looked very inviting, but it was in full sunlight in the afternoon, when we could have used it, and I've had two skin cancers so we didn't take advantage of it.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Gorgeous property and very friendly staff. I would recommend this property it’s in a great location. I had my room on the 3rd floor with a terrace and great view.i recommend this property.
The breakfast was included in my hotel rate. It’s worth spending time in the spa for additional 10 euros.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

I came to Hotel Radda in 2006 when they first opened. It was magical. I've come here about every year since. But the last two times I have noticed the rooms are very worn and the staff is quite substandard. My shower is broken, the waitress argues with me about what I wanted to eat and the food was quite bad. The servers are indignant acting. I hate that I may have to stop coming to my favorite hotel in chianti.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights at the CDH Hotel in Radda between a stay in Florence and a stay in Naples. The hotel is in a gorgeous setting with stunning views of the rolling hills and vineyards of Chianti. The food in the restaurant was superb. The menu changed during our stay which was welcome as the choice is fairly limited but the food was very tasty indeed and they will accommodate if you fancy spag bol instead of their ragu with lavender. The wine list as you would expect is very good. Pool nice and clean and comfy sun loungers. Spa nice too. You definitely need a car to get out and about. Would definitely return.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family