“Awesome experience!”

Goa Jungle Adventure
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Palolem
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Goa Jungle Adventure organizes canyoning (outdoor extreme sport, not a safari or sightseeing) tours in the jungle of Goa for both beginners and experts. Canyoning basically includes trekking, abseiling, cliff jumping, swimming and walking through river gorge. A minimum jumping ability (from cliff to deep natural pool) and good swimming skills is required. The trip starts in Palolem (South Goa - Margao 1 hour, Panjim 2 hours, Calangute/Baga 2 hours 30 by road). The participant has to be in good health (fit for outdoor sport activities and not overweight bmi <29 ).
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My friend and I were looking for something a bit different after a few days of sunning ourselves on the beach in Agonda and stumbled across the amazing canyoning experience! Guides were really good fun, but also made you feel very safe. The canyoning river was beginner level but we did abseiling, climbing and I even jumped 10m off a waterfall! Not for the faint hearted but such a thrill. Then took us to this great local place for a chilli omelette roll and a beer to finish off a fab day.

All reviews
"beautiful nature"
"spent days"
"trip starts"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had an absolutely amazing trip canyoning thanks to Manu. He met us and briefed us the day before our canyoning trip and everything went like clockwork. Our jeep ride was fun and our guides - Andy and Clem were so encouraging, helpful, kind and funny that we had a fabulous experience of jumping, sliding, swimming, trekking, and abseiling in the beautiful jungle. I cannot recommend highly enough - our 13 year old daughter had a blast! We weren't able (because we didn't have a waterproof camera) to take photos on the trip but Andy and Clem were amazing - they took so many brilliant pictures of and for us and captured the fun we had the whole day. We loved it so much that a few days later we were trekking again with them - this time with another cool guy Max and amazing Andy and we swam in a beautiful secluded deep lagoon, it was again an amazing trip. I have been to Goa many times and always thought it was a shame that we didn't explore more - and now I am so pleased that there is this great opportunity available to see unspoilt South Goa - keep up the great work guys!!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My wife and I took this canyoning tour in hope to enjoy something completely different from your typical day in goa, this was everything we hoped for! The jeep dropped us off on the side of the road and from there we trekked into the jungle and down to the gorge from which you would rappel (abseiling) down into the stream. What followed was a series of jumps into natural pools from heights that escalated as you went, a blast!.

Our guides were quite thorough and knowledgable along the way and made sure everyone was (and felt) safe at all times. There were four of them, and their personalities complemented each other into the experience. Andy, the daredevil, always found a higher base to jump into each pool than the rest of us as we went, this gave everyone the confidence to take the next leap, specially for those in the crowd that were a bit hesitant at first. He answered all of our questions meticulously and had this clear leadership vibe to him. Max, was all about safety. He operated the ropes most of the time and also gave a good part of the explanation, cracking jokes as he went but getting serious when it came to detail and procedure. Liora, was very sweet in her demeanor, she took one-on-one time with each of us to ensure we felt safe and happy with the experience. She inspired the group to try to back and frontflip off one of the small jumps by doing it herself first. Finally, there was Clem, I felt like he was the most experienced of the group and made everything seem so easy. The four were great, fun and professional!

As I mentioned, the jumps escalate in height, starting at a shy 3 meters up to a mean 12 meters leap of faith. Except for the first small jump, the rest are all optional. The final jump apparently is only taken by 5% of people who take the tour, but trust me, DO IT! It will seem insanely high at first, so "don't think, just do" (as Andy phrased it), once you're in the air, it will be the most exhilarating second ever!

We are so glad we took this experience, it was a rush from start to finish, plus we got to meet some pretty amazing human beings along the way. Five stars, guys! Thanks again!

3  Thank Fernando Z
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The canyoning trip was an amazing adventure, everyone should go on. It was a great experience to cross ones own borders. And therefore the guides Andy, Max, Clem and Liora were just awesome. They are really nice, helpful, passionate but also push you to new limits in a really sensitive and positive way and especially they make you feel save and laugh throughout the whole trip so that abseiling and jumps of 5 till 10m without any experience felt just exciting and fun. We got to know the beauty of the canyon and its wildlife like never before and are really glade we heard about the trip. We enjoyed it so much so that we definitely will go on another one the next time we’re around to push our own borders even further!

See more reviews
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Me, my sister and my kids (12 and 10) had a great time with Clem and Andy. From the moment we got into the jungle there was always something to see, my daughter spotted a vine snake and Clem ran over and caught it, the kids got to touch it before he let it go again. Andy and Clem were great at explaining what was happening and we felt safe all the time, so much so that even my 10 year old daughter did the biggest of the jumps, the optional 10m!! The length of time was just right, everyone was knackered by the time we got back. I highly recommend this for anyone with children of 10 and above who love a but of adventure, mine will carry the memories for a long time. Thanks guys!!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member