“Authentic even the Waiter”

St Petersburg Restaurant

Set menu. Groupon
But best no corkage.
Vodka,Live Music,Dancing
Great Saturday Night
Food was ready when we arrived.
Plenty of Food and variety.
Don't ask for salt.
Waiter staff is prompt and pleasent
Cooking looks to be family based.
Added a Kiev to the menu that was a little bit odd.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Went here using a voucher. It was going to be a catch up with my daughter. Firstly upon walking in I thought oops wrong place as it was all decorated and looked as though it was set up for a wedding reception. As it turned it there's was a birthday and a large group celebrating a Bat Mitzah, many guests, DJ etc. There were three tables obviously not part of all the celebrations and they were stuck in the corner. And certainly not the staffs first priority.
The music was unbearably load, could not hear my daughter or anything, it was terrible!
The food was bland, boring and certainly not worth what the voucher had value does it at. Potatoes hardly cooked, no salt, no sauce. Then a potato pastry thing, don't know correct name, couldn't hear the waiter. It was dry, no seasoning and unappealing. And so the food went on. Last course of six was a small Kiev dry and no garlic butter, and meat skewers chicken dry and tasteless , the other was lamb or beef couldn't really tell and it was so tough. All in all I would never ever go here again.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

The restaurant needs signage on the street otherwise you don't know where it is and you waste time. After locating the entrance we were confronted with a set of stairs to the restaurant . Once there, we found it to be extremely pleasant. Warm , bright and comfortable. Sits about upto 100. We were treated by our host and shown to our table. When l asked for the drink menu l was informed that it was totally BYO, yes wine and BEER, with no corkage. Alcohol could be purchased at the grocer store under the restaurant. The meal was a banquet. It lasted near on an hour and a half. We did not walk away hungry. Presentation, service, and quality could not be faulted. Some dishes we liked and others not. But overall it was very good.

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Bloody loud music, terrible DJ. Food was average , nothing special and as a guy who was born in Russia I know something about Russian food. Probably it is a good place to go if you need to put a few kilos and you do not mind the taste. This is not the worst place from my point of view , but Definitely I will not go again. P.S. the service was good.

1  Thank Dmitry-vgr
Reviewed 14 February 2017

I bought a voucher for this "Russian Banquet" to celebrate my birthday and it ended with me throwing up what little food i had been able to eat and just not enjoying the experience at all.
We arrived on an extremely hot night and there were several dishes already on the table (we did not touch any of these). Interestingly there were 3 other tables with food already served and those couples did not arrive for almost 30 minutes after us.
The advertisement features a beautiful plate of oysters with pieces of lemon. We didn't sight that dish but certainly got plenty of others that largely went untouched.
After just over an hour we left before finishing and i only just made it home before i was violently sick.
All i can say is what a rip off and terrible way to spend my birthday. I have been to Russia and l didn't sample any of the "delights" that we got served up that night.

3  Thank Scott N