Hotels.com
Expedia
Agoda.com
Trip.com
Snaptravel
All reviews rice fields free laundry padi fields drinking water franz tours driver indonesia hospitality frogs paddy insects merapi
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 December 2019 via mobile

The place was very cozy and peaceful. Calm and tranquil, it was a wonderful escape from the city life! The sounds of nature - like the croaking of frogs and sounds of insects buzzing may not be very pleasant at first but we grew used to it and it became a part of the natural environment.

The breakfast provided was delicious and unique. With the choice of a western breakfast or the local breakfast, the food was special and different.

Service is excellent and very knowledgeable about their surroundings. The staff took the initiative to go the extra mile to ensure that we were comfortable and having an enjoyable time. The driver assigned to us was very friendly and funny, he brought us to local places to eat and enjoy the local delicacies. He brought us around all the way around Yogyakarta from morning to night and was always very cheerful! The other staff were also super friendly and offered us assistance whenever we needed it!

All in all, an excellent place with excellent staff!

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 14 December 2019

Calmness and relaxing place to stay after my bussiness trip in jogja. Really comfortable room and so large bathroom just spoild me. Fresh fruit at breakfast and the activ bacteria (yakult) that help my stomach problem after my trip in east java was best start in the morning. I really love every single things of this place. wonderful and nice to find this oase in the middle of crowded jogja. And for sure I will bach there. the stuff was friendly and the free laundry everyday just perfect.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Ted363
Reviewed 13 December 2019

My son and I enjoyed a stupendous break thanks to Alamanda, Franz, the location, accommodation, thoughtful touches, friendly knowledgeable staff, food - fantastic. Amazing value for money, flexibility, wonderful tours - Franz runs the epitome of hospitality.

Room tip: Nothing missing, clean, comfortable, private, quiet, near swimming pool. Super!
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 13 December 2019 via mobile

We slept in a traditional joglo in the middle of a paddy field: this experience itself is wonderful from my point of view.
The joglo has all the comforts: a fridge, fresh drinking water, AC and WiFi. So don’t believe the accommodation is cheap, even if for sure is rustic: the night is noisy because of crickets.
The choices for a tour are overwhelming, since the hotel provides a huge book with something like 60 different tours. Our driver was also wonderful.

We had a couple of problems the first day: a blackout during the night (and AC off!) that forced me to wake up Frans (I’m still sorry about it) and a problem with the pression of the water in our shower, both of them were quickly solved with no hassle.

The reason I’m not giving a 5 stars review is for the breakfast, that could be nice for who is not used to Indonesian standard, as me and my wife are. No other options than eggs and bread was provided (plus of course the usual choice of juices, coffees, bread and jams). I guess that’s because the place is small, with just 6 rooms, so they can’t provide a large offer. This little problem anyway for sure didn’t spoil our stay!

Reviewed 29 November 2019

Alamanda is all about service and relaxing. As an example, the breakfast is really nice and healthy. They can make anything you want. When you ask for something, they will get it for you no matter what. When you want to go somewhere, they’ll drive you no matter what. Everything is nice and tidy in a nice calm place in Sleman, near Yogyakarta. I had a really nice time and I hope you will too!

Trip type: Travelled solo