2,160 results
All reviews the main house leisure facilities manor house coffee lounge sauna and jacuzzi motel style lovely grounds course dinner wedding venue reception staff bar menu buffet style one night stay short break a lovely stay following morning breakfast was excellent
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

So to start with this hotel is ok.

Rooms are abit dated and with no air con so it was very warm. Tv was very old and with only 5 channels I found I was watching movies on my iPad more then watching the to. The internet was pretty good... which was a saving grace.

The bar in the main house was very nice but the price of food and drink were most definitely a joke. First night I stayed I order a pizza and 1 beer. £19.40 later was abit shocked. Really think you should look at the bar food prices. I went around the corner to Samuel rest pub the following day and got a massive beer burger and chips with a pint for £14.99. The plate of food was massive. So don't eat at the hotel.... GO OUT.

On Sunday night, the hotel had a wedding on, which wasn't what I wanted to hear. But, the wedding party were no problem at all. If I could recommend that the hotel states on the website/booking.com if they have a wedding on. If I had seen this I wouldn't have come to the hotel.

All in all, Okish hotel with overpriced food and drinks. Would I stay again, only if I couldn't find a cheaper hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Daniel B
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I did my booking through Sue who was very accommodating and helped me through the process at the very beginning, she already made my stay great and I couldn't be more thankful.
On arrival the receptionist was helpful and easy to find, we then went to our room which again was above and beyond our expectations. It was beautiful, clean and with all the facilities. Later on we went to the Bar for some tea, the staff here in the Manor were very pleasant and welcoming. He went the extra mile and managed to get us into the restaurant even though we hadn't booked prior. The food was delicious and affordable, the quality was not reflected in the little price asked as this was definitely one of the best meals we have had. In the evening we used the leisure facilities which again were clean, well maintained and really made our stay. Breakfast I would also highly recommend on your stay, there is a vast selection from cereals to cooked breakfast which is buffet style so you can take as much or little as you please. In the morning we walked round the grounds which had amazing views of the house and woodland. Overall this hotel was faultless for me and my partner, it was a luxury treat for a night away and we will definately be returning in the near future and would highly recommend to anyone looking to stay in this area, I am already looking to book for my parents. Thank you New Place for my brilliant stay and to all the staff who were always attentive, friendly and giving that additional extra to the place.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
G-Manager07, General Manager at New Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Dear Guest
Thank you for your kind feedback of New Place Hotel I am so pleased you enjoyed your experience with us and I do hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Was not sure what we would get after seeing some of the reviews, but was very pleasantly surprised.
Beautiful building and grounds.
Staff very helpful , barman in particular
Sadly didn't get his name but a lovely Greek guy with a good knowledge of whiskey (Oban 14 year).
Wedding was a treat and great place for any wedding. Wedding breakfast food and service brill.
Rooms not fantastic,, but bed very comfortable , only main complaint was lack of air.
Pleased to hear that is being addressed. Would certainly come back if we have the chance.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, I do hope you will be able to visit us when our refurbishment programme is complete.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Comfortable room..

outside chalet style accommodation, so outside noise could be heard easily (guests walking back to the room on gravel, early morning '8.30am' gardener at work)..

Carpet tired & needing deep clean..

Staff friendly, room linen clean & towels fluffy.. plenty of tea & coffee available.. check in / out swift..

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

We used this hotel as a base to explore the New Forest.
We booked a twin room for my mum and I and a family room for son, daughter in law and their boys.
It's a fantastic location, an old Manor House in lovely grounds and a woodland trail for walking or jogging.
The children loved exploring and playing.
The rooms were nicely furnished, beds were comfortable. I would have preferred more natural light in the room but we didn't spend a lot of time there.
The food at dinner and breakfast was very good. The staff were really friendly and helpful.
Our stay was really good value and we would definitely consider visiting again

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank SusanMcGuire
G-Manager07, General Manager at New Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Dear Guest
Thank you for your kind review and I am very pleased that you would consider staying here again at The New Place Hotel. I do hope we can welcome you back soon.