See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

A nice family run hotel in a small town in Italy.

A really nice menu and the food was really good and great value. It does have a Fawlty Towers feel to it, but I'd recommend and return again.

We have had friends that have stated (we only went for dinner) and they said their stay was nice and the views of the surrounding hills from their room were stunning.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2015

A group of 9 of us were staying at Rocca Di Benano (check it out too) and the owner recommended La Pergoletta as a nearby restaurant. It was a very quiet time in the hill towns outside of Orvieto (first week of October). A few of us stopped in one afternoon for antipasti and wine. The service was so lovely that we asked if all 9 of us could come in for dinner and they took our reservation.
When we returned we realized they had opened just for us. THE BEST GNOCCHI EVER. have always heard gnocchi should be like little pillows – these met the mark. And the mushroom sauce was wonderful with them. All the other dishes were thoroughly enjoyed as well including: wild boar ragu, melted cheese and ham, pastas… We also indulged in several desserts, all of which were wonderful. A stand out for me was the panna cotta. On top of all that we were served warmed sweet wine with biscotti – delicious! And a bottle of lemoncello (good thing it was a “nearby restaurant”).
I cannot say enough good things about our experience at La Pergoletta - service, food, atomosphere. I highly recommend it.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2014

All round, a great experience. Would come back if I was ever in the area again. Value for money for sure.

Staff friendly and laid back.
Clean room.
Food at the restaurant was very good and low priced.
The property is a tranquil oasis and the pool is nice and clean.

My only minor gripes were that the shower was a bit cramped, it was just a curtain in the bathroom, and the towels were like cardboard, I would recommend bringing your own.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed at La Pergoletta for 10 days on a singing course. It is a very friendly, family-run hotel providing excellent value with a good pool, restaurant, outdoor area for children and ample parking – see photos. Our en-suite room was clean with plenty of space for three people.

The breakfast included in the room is mainly sweet cakes but there is cereal and good coffee.

The hotel is within a few meters of the centre of Castel Viscardo and about 15 minutes drive from Orvieto.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I travel the world for work and have a vacation home just outside of Castel Viscardo. I visit this part of Italy as often as possible. Whenever I visit, one of the highlights of my trip is to have a meal or two at La Pergoletta. In the summertime, La Pergoletta's terrace under the pines is a welcome escape from the noise and heat. The rest of the year, the cozy, tavern-like cafe with its vaulted brick ceiling reminds me of the Italy I first discovered as a graduate student more than 30 years ago. If you can find a grilled pork chop anywhere in the world that is better than that served by Luigi, Gaetana and Anita, I would like to know where!

I have also stayed in the hotel on a few occasions, when my own house was rented. The rooms are very clean, the beds comfortable, and most of all the environment is extremely peaceful and quiet. Though the hotel is in the middle of Castel Viscardo, the rooms look over an inner courtyard to the countryside, and there is very little noise, just a wonderful smell of wood smoke in the air in the cold months.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family