See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 October 2014

our tour operator booked us into this hotel wen in fact we thought we were staying in the hotel president in rome the best western one, on arrival we were told of a room tax which we werent informed of, the tv didnt work, fridge had mould growing out of it, wallpaper was hanging off the wall, view was a brick wall, bed linen was dirty, my advice.... STAY CLEAR

• Stayed: October 2014
2  Thank karenmack121
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Hello Everybody,
If you wanna go to Rome never go to the Hotel President!!! My groom and I were there for 5nights because we were in holiday. We thought it will be a perfect holiday in a 4 stars hotel but we WRONG. When we came there on the first day it was interesting. This hotel in Pomezia and we used train from Rome. But we didn't think this....between the Pomezia's train station and Pomezia 10km!!! Only bus going to Pomezia and the journey more than 30min. In the hotel the minibar didn't top up, the hair dryer didn't work, the TV didn't work, from the bathroom always came horrible smell, on the website they tell free WIFI but it is €3/12 hour, they didn't change the dirty linen and this hotel next to the high street so it is very noisy!!! No english speaker in the hotel only one guy and he tried to help us for everything. This hotel very far from everything mostly from Rome. We had got one bus per hour to Rome and it was always FULL!! In one night we used the train to return back to the hotel but we hadn't got bus because it was the last train. My groom called the hotel because we want a taxi to the hotel and they didn't understand what we want, after than they understood they told us : Sorry it is too late.
And what we can did?! Nothing. When we arrived to the Pomezia's train station we were very lucky because there was one very very friendly man who helped us. He has got a car and he took with his car. We paid for him €10. Many thanks for this man.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hollofekete
Reviewed 28 February 2014

My vacation was just very good because of Super Room service, and my room was exactly like the picture they posted on their website. there was super 24-hour front desk as the receptionist was nice and I appreciate Mr: Mirko Sciattella, for his friendly and helpful attitude and his smart manner. It was Very Express check-in/checkout, with professional way and actually I had no Luggage but they helped me a lot, Laundry was a good service, a fast Fax /photocopying services, also very high information and internet speed and the Wake Up Service/Alarm Clock was on time, I really enjoyed my time there and highly recommended for all kinds of visitors.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2012

It is a bit remote from the city. The rooms and facilities were just OK compared to my experience in 4 star hotels in other parts of Europe.
The room size is very small and unattractive.
We had only breakfast at the hotel which was just average.

Room Tip: With a road view
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dileepdxb
Reviewed 9 April 2010

I booked the Hotel President because it was stated as a four star hotel 10 minutes away from Rome centre.

We arrived at Ciampino airport, took the shuttle bus to Ciampino station (1,20 Euro each) and then took a train from Ciampino station to Termini (1,30 each). We then took another train from Termini to Pomezia San Palombe (1,70 each). At Pomezia station we managed to catch a bus to our hotel costing us just 1 euro each.

On arrival we were greeted by a clean reception and a polite receptionist. On entering the room, it looked outdated with a flowery khaki green bedspread. We were so tired that we had a nap and then got up to get ready for dinner. I went in the shower to find no hot water. It was tepid at best.

I called reception who sent up a porter who spoke no English and couldn't solve the problem. When I rang to complain again she just said that I would have to wait for the water to warm up again as the tank was empty. We soon learnt that you had to have a shower super early or late to get hot water. Not what you would expect from a four star hotel charging £80 a night.

We went out for dinner and it took us half an hour to walk and find a restaurant that was open. Pomezia is a ghost town especially considering it was the Easter holidays and Rome centre was heaving with tourists.

We got back to the room for bed and noticed the wallpaper was peeling off the wall next to the bed and bloodstains on the bedcover. We went to sleep and got woken up at 4am by a dog on the floor above (3rd floor) barking and walking across lino floor. This continued for at least half an hour before anyone bothered to shut the dog up.

The only saving grace for this hotel was breakfast. There were pastries, cereal, fruit, bread, fruit juice, tea and coffee. The 'hot' water for tea on the table was constantly cold but the waitress was happy to make you a fresh one.

We stayed for a further two nights and were woken up both mornings between 4am-5am by the dog.

There were also no buses to Pomezia station on Easter Sunday and Monday. We walked it one day and it took us an hour and a half. Its 9km away.

We gave in and asked the hotel to take us in their shuttle bus. They charged us 40 euros return which we thought was outrageous. However taxis charge 25 euro each way.

All in all, we just felt ripped off and the staff didn't seem to care that we were upset.

If you are heading to Rome, I'd advise you to stay in the centre. Although we went over to the Holiday Inn in Pomezia to ask them to call us a taxi and they couldn't have been more nice or helpful.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple